Bob Chapek's response to Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyboy97o

It seems there are 21 others that voted in favor of this. Curious, how are you so informed on what the other 21 were thinking when they voted yes? Can you tell me the next set of Lottery Numbers too please?
So according to you, the author of the law is so bad at his job he wrote a bill that doesn’t do what he intended but instead does something else. Others recognized this, didn’t tell him, but instead just agreed with him to get it passed. Yeah, that makes sense.

jasminethecat

It seems there are 21 others that voted in favor of this. Curious, how are you so informed on what the other 21 were thinking when they voted yes? Can you tell me the next set of Lottery Numbers too please?
As @ImperfectPixie said, the person who wrote the bill was clear about the intentions of it and what he meant. As for anyone else...

Any elected official who votes for anything has only 3 motivations - either they agree with the content of the bill, their vote was paid for through campaign donations (or illegal bribes), or they fear being voted out in the next election if they vote it down. If only lottery numbers were this simple. Maybe we should have a lottery where there are only 6 numbers, and they roll dice to see who wins. I feel like Carnac the Magnificent now!

Lilofan

I miss the politics forum. This thread brings back fond memories. The accusations of conspiracy. Righteous indignation.
Some tried to use conspiracy and successfully at times to bring the foolish to fall for it hook line and sinker. Nothing news breaking.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

Florida can't survive on retirees alone. That will lead to population decline faster than anything.

Florida’s population is growing faster than it can manage, the few people that decide not to move to Florida over this law won’t even be noticed.

My guess is this law won’t factor into 99.99% of potential movers decision, compared to things like weather, house prices, taxes, traffic, crime, etc it probably won’t crack most peoples top 50 reasons to/not to move somewhere.

If conservative laws were a primary factor in where people move we wouldn’t see places like Texas, Florida, and the south be some of the top destinations every year, but they always are.

Disney4Lyfe

My guess is this law won’t factor into 99.99% of potential movers decision, compared to things like weather, house prices, taxes, traffic, crime, etc it probably won’t crack most peoples top 50 reasons to/not to move somewhere.
If anything, it will encourage people to move. Encouraging parental involvement in schools is not a fringe position. Discouraging sex talk in K-3 is not a fringe position.

The way it’s being framed, as “don’t say gay” would be a fringe position. But thankfully, after reading the bill in question, I can confidently say that’s not what it’s about!

Crunchie9

"Classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."

Seems like it's not really what you are saying.
Get out of here with your logic and receipts.

Raise your children right and they will not stray. It’s more important now then ever.

Turning Red….. je n’est pas.

Vegas Disney Fan

If anything, it will encourage people to move. Encouraging parental involvement in schools is not a fringe position. Discouraging sex talk in K-3 is not a fringe position.

The way it’s being framed, as “don’t say gay” would be a fringe position. But thankfully, after reading the bill in question, I can confidently say that’s not what it’s about!

Maybe but probably no more than the number it’ll discourage. I just can’t imagine this will be a factor for most. I’ve been looking at places to move for years and Florida hasn’t gone up or down on my list because of this law.

It’s created a lot of noise but I honestly don’t see this law changing anything, school next year will almost certainly be identical to school last year.

Crunchie9

If conservative laws were a primary factor in where people move we wouldn’t see places like Texas, Florida, and the south be some of the top destinations every year, but they always are.
Um…. Those are all conservative traits.

Your post doesn’t say what you want it to say, or actually says reasons why the conservative platform works, and the proof is in the migration.

ImperfectPixie

That is exactly what it's about as has been proven time and again in this thread and using the very words of the man behind the bill.

lazyboy97o

Is the author of the bill a liar (because the bill isn’t what he says it is) or incompetent (because the bill doesn’t do what he set out to do)?

BuddyThomas

Well, I just got an email that the host hotel for Gay Days 2022 is now completely sold out, which just goes to prove what I've said from the beginning - no heaping batch of homophobia is going to keep a bunch of bubble headed circuit queens away from their precious dance floors and pool parties. It's actually pretty sad, really.

Crunchie9

Well, I just got an email that the host hotel for Gay Days 2022 is now completely sold out, which just goes to prove what I've said from the beginning - no heaping batch of homophobia is going to keep a bunch of bubble headed circuit queens away from their precious dance floors and pool parties. It's actually pretty sad, really.
They sold out all the Disney hotels?

Disney4Lyfe

Is the author of the bill a liar (because the bill isn’t what he says it is) or incompetent (because the bill doesn’t do what he set out to do)?
😐

I discussed the actual language of the bill with you. And you just stopped responding. Now you are angrily talking about the Gov as if I care.

If you’d like to discuss the bill, I’d be open to that. But I’m not going to defend Gov Desantis against your attacks. He’s not my governor, and to be totally frank, I’ve never voted for any Republican in my life. I’m essentially a European progressive. So if you’re trying to bait me into an argument about Desantis, it’s not going to work.

Vegas Disney Fan

Um…. Those are all conservative traits.

Your post doesn’t say what you want it to say, or actually says reasons why the conservative platform works, and the proof is in the migration.
Actually it says exactly what I meant it to say, this law is a non factor for the vast majority of people considering a move to Florida.

Politics aren’t allowed so everything else was intentionally left non-political.

Or it just shows a lot of gay people can separate politics from the rest of life. Disney has been very gay friendly for a couple decades, Disney has also given political donations (bought business favors) to both sides for decades, people can see the two are not directly related to the other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom