Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

twebber55

Iger and Rasulo erroneously thought they were operating in a mature market and Potter partially convinced them otherwise. The infrastructure project was fueling that mature market mentality in hopes of better optimizing park operations and getting more money out of each guest. These were missteps and need to be recognized as such.

By no means would I have made the best decisions for the parks, but I was against Next Gen from the outset and if you gave me a $2 billion headstart (Next Gen cost) I could have made better park decisions than Iger and Co made over the last 13 years. This wouldn't have been Monday morning quarterbacking either, Next Gen was largely condemned from the start.
do we know this or could it be as simple as domestic spending wasnt happening until Shanghai was built. i mean since then domestic capital investment has sky rocketed. its easy for us to take shots from the cheap seats. i ve been a football coach for a long time and the old saying is as an assistant you make suggestions as head coach you make decisions.
its easy to have the answers when you re not in the game

this is not a shot at you but at all message boards

jt04

Iger originally announced Pandora in 2011. Lucasfilm wasn't acquired until 2012.

Lucas was seen surveying the park years before he sold Lucasfilm. So I have always assumed one of the selling points was Disney committing to some sort of SWL for his legacy. Probably just back of the napkin sketches at that point but I think the ball was rolling* well before 2011.

*not an IJ pun.

Cmdr_Crimson

Again still waiting for the Future World Refurb like...
tenor.gif

jt04

And he’s been there many times before that too... but kudos for finding someone to latch onto for generating new drivel.

We were getting plenty of hints in those days that a "Lucasland", as many here called it, was a strong possibility. Not many expected Disney to buy the franchise though. Or build something on the scale of Galaxy's Edge. Much less two of them. We were talking in terms of Skywalker Sound, a Cantina, and a Yoda interactive similar to Turtle Talk and maybe a d ticket dark ride.

It definitely predates anything Pandora as far as what our insiders knew.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom