Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

Cesar R M

Not in the last twenty years or so they haven’t. The good decisions have been the exception.
speaking of bad decisions marni.. what is your opinion on the very abusive "deal" (that sounds like an ultimatum) from Disney towards the Union?

It seems like Disney is going for the kill on Unions. Its amazing how a company that once claimed to be the best in customer service is pretty much killing their own basic force.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
speaking of bad decisions marni.. what is your opinion on the very abusive "deal" (that sounds like an ultimatum) from Disney towards the Union?

It seems like Disney is going for the kill on Unions. Its amazing how a company that once claimed to be the best in customer service is pretty much killing their own basic force.
Thanks for asking but it’s not something I’d like to discuss :)

Cesar R M

i also commented that people calling this a monstrosity need some perspective....a monstrosity is poverty, kim jung un, 9/11, ebola
not a hotel to the side of the front gate of EPCOT
You say that about perspective, you're ignoring the perspective of things.

They are claiming it is a monstrosity IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF THEME PARKS. Not in the global world.

aladdin2007

I wonder why they dont build it behind Nemo, near the entrance with part of it facing the parking lot.
Would fit a little considering the structures there.

I would hate to see a park expansion pad (and that one is a fairly large one) go towards being integrated into a hotel plan instead of a future attraction (like it was meant to be), but wouldn't be surprising.

Brad Bishop

I know that they've re-threaded Maelstrom with Frozen and they're getting Guardians and Ratatouille, but has any work started at all at the overall over haul of Epcot? The announcement was 2 years back and I'd assume they had something sort of worked out by the time they made the announcement. You'd think there'd be some shovels in the ground by now.

Also: two rides do not equate to over hauling Epcot. Just in case anyone was going to go there.

Of course, they may be waiting until DHS is done.

peter11435

I know that they've re-threaded Maelstrom with Frozen and they're getting Guardians and Ratatouille, but has any work started at all at the overall over haul of Epcot? The announcement was 2 years back and I'd assume they had something sort of worked out by the time they made the announcement. You'd think there'd be some shovels in the ground by now.

Also: two rides do not equate to over hauling Epcot. Just in case anyone was going to go there.

Of course, they may be waiting until DHS is done.

The announcement was less than 1 year ago. Disney typically announces these things before they have things ‘worked out.’

Several smaller projects that are part of this have happened and our ongoing.

More to come

Brad Bishop

The announcement was less than 1 year ago. Disney typically announces these things before they have things ‘worked out.’

Several smaller projects that are part of this have happened and our ongoing.

More to come

I was going on the first post in this thread which was from Nov 16, 2016 marking Bob's announcement.

I'd say it's been a year and a half.

I get it if they're waiting for DHS. That'd make complete sense. You have one park in shambles and maybe you need to shore that up, first.

Still, we've seen a pattern in the past with, "Disney has confirmed..." and then the ball gets dropped along the way and you end up with maybe a new ride or two (or retreads) or a 1/2 done job (Tomorrowland) and they say, "Good enough."

Epcot was rumored to be completely reworked 10-20 years back and nothing came of it.

I really hope that they proceed with their plans as the latest drawing look pretty incredible and will breathe new life into Epcot (whether it sticks with the original theming or not - it'll still be better than nothing - (sigh - I'm there, too, now)). Still, I could see them putting in Ratatouille, Guardians, and maybe one other thing, the turnstile numbers tick up, and then they sit back and say, "Wait a minute.. We don't need to spend any more money - the numbers are up!"

The over haul is really needed. I'm hoping that they completely do it.

Bender123

I was going on the first post in this thread which was from Nov 16, 2016 marking Bob's announcement.

I'd say it's been a year and a half.

I get it if they're waiting for DHS. That'd make complete sense. You have one park in shambles and maybe you need to shore that up, first.

Still, we've seen a pattern in the past with, "Disney has confirmed..." and then the ball gets dropped along the way and you end up with maybe a new ride or two (or retreads) or a 1/2 done job (Tomorrowland) and they say, "Good enough."

Epcot was rumored to be completely reworked 10-20 years back and nothing came of it.

I really hope that they proceed with their plans as the latest drawing look pretty incredible and will breathe new life into Epcot (whether it sticks with the original theming or not - it'll still be better than nothing - (sigh - I'm there, too, now)). Still, I could see them putting in Ratatouille, Guardians, and maybe one other thing, the turnstile numbers tick up, and then they sit back and say, "Wait a minute.. We don't need to spend any more money - the numbers are up!"

The over haul is really needed. I'm hoping that they completely do it.

I think the problem with much of the thinking here is that the change will be a complete "all at once" change to the park. What you are seeing in the (likely massively changed) spine blue sky concept is going to be toward the end of the changes. Right now, you have GotG, Rat and whatever is happening at WoL. I would expect the next phase to be UK, Imagination and maybe one other area. Something tells me that the spine changes are going to be the last phase in the updates and that much of the Epcot changes are either already in progress or in line as other projects complete.

I would guess this is more a 10 year plan, rather than a 3 year plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom