Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Imagine if they hadn't built Pandora. Or Ratatouille. Or Star Wars at Disneyland. Or closed Star Tours. Or Launch Bay.

Not that they can't do a whole lot more. Posters on wdwmagic have offered numerous ideas.

If Uni survived potter wdw should survive star wars.
There’s no imagining needed for what a cluster DHS will be from October. Even those who were in denial are now realising the error of their ways.

SWL will be great. And that’s the problem.

ZodIsGr8

Can you give details? How is it a worse situation than when TWWoHP@IoA opened?
I would think just the number of rides alone that IoA has to offer compared to HS would make a huge difference. You do not have anywhere to place the crowd overflow at HS as you only have 3 legit rides in Tot, RnRc and SlinkyDog to take on some of the excess crowd. You could not pay me enough to be at HS come December of 2019. I have no idea how Disney is going to control the madhouse that HS will be. I am a huge Star Wars fan but this park will not be fun for quite sometime I fear as crowds will just be unmanageable. I really feel sorry for the Cast Members that will have to deal with this. At least it will be late fall early winter so the heat will not be nearly as bad.

jt04

I would think just the number of rides alone that IoA has to offer compared to HS would make a huge difference. You do not have anywhere to place the crowd overflow at HS as you only have 3 legit rides in Tot, RnRc and SlinkyDog to take on some of the excess crowd. You could not pay me enough to be at HS come December of 2019. I have no idea how Disney is going to control the madhouse that HS will be. I am a huge Star Wars fan but this park will not be fun for quite sometime I fear as crowds will just be unmanageable. I really feel sorry for the Cast Members that will have to deal with this. At least it will be late fall early winter so the heat will not be nearly as bad.

I have no doubt they will close the turnstiles just like they do on NYE. Fortunately WDW has other parks guests can be diverted to. They will get through it.

ZodIsGr8

I have no doubt they will close the turnstiles just like they do on NYE. Fortunately WDW has other parks guests can be diverted to. They will get through it.
No doubt they will get through it, but it will not be pretty. They could have helped to alleviate this by updating the Great Movie Ride and adding MRRR to the Animation Courtyard area. They need to be adding rides and not replacing. I understand managements thoughts on getting rid of TGMR as a cost saving measure, but there surely could have been a way to save that ride and add MRRR.

jt04

No doubt they will get through it, but it will not be pretty. They could have helped to alleviate this by updating the Great Movie Ride and adding MRRR to the Animation Courtyard area. They need to be adding rides and not replacing. I understand managements thoughts on getting rid of TGMR as a cost saving measure, but there surely could have been a way to save that ride and add MRRR.

Have you noticed content disappearing from tcm? TGMR had been doomed for a long time. Read between the lines.

I think the Studios has an amazing future. As do the other 3 parks. The Disney board should be very excited about the possibilities. IMO.

Mouse Trap

It's too crowded there, no one will go. ;)

Tom P.

There’s no imagining needed for what a cluster DHS will be from October. Even those who were in denial are now realising the error of their ways.

SWL will be great. And that’s the problem.
I notice you said October. I was under the impression that Galaxy's Edge was most likely going to be opening very late in the year, like December. Do you think it's going to be open earlier than that? We are considering a trip next year and, quite honestly, wanted to try and do it before SW:GE opens for basically the reasons you are stating about what will happen once it does.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
From October?

Would you say that is "the Fall" or "the late Fall"?

;)
I notice you said October. I was under the impression that Galaxy's Edge was most likely going to be opening very late in the year, like December. Do you think it's going to be open earlier than that? We are considering a trip next year and, quite honestly, wanted to try and do it before SW:GE opens for basically the reasons you are stating about what will happen once it does.
Ballpark date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom