Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

FullSailDan

Which basically boiled down too, 3 days out, Disney still wasn't sure what all they were going to announce.

This was so common at Disney when I worked there, huge projects that were run or being conceived in secret, then a week of meetings between the execs about what to reveal, present, etc. during quarterly or annual updates. And this was just for IT! Don't even get me started on the annual update to the BoD about IT security..... o_O

raymusiccity

We have been getting very confusing messages. Totally contradicting each other for a little while now. We are hearing, "pulling out the stops" and "think big". And the next paragraph we hear that they have cut budgets, trimmed down the BIG plans to save money, etc. Which of the two concepts is the truth? Cut Back and Think Big are not compatible statements. That is why I have decided to just wait and see what they do and not fret over it. What I think doesn't amount to a snowball in hell anyway, so why pretend it does.

As George Carlin once said, 'Jumbo shrimp!'

Kman101

You mean the theater that's not happening? :joyfull:

lol. It really should be though. I get it's something they could put off, but they need the capacity. I hope they do something with a theater in the Kingdom and surprise us. Maybe refurb PhilarMagic instead to host a stage show? That could explain where the budget went. But I'm sure it went for something else that ballooned in cost, but I'm just guessing.

And if I remember correctly the main street theater was a surprise to everyone including our insiders

It seemed to be, although I remember hearing about a proposed theater somewhere in the MK. I think it was just forgotten about. It wasn't a "we're getting a theater on Main Street" kind of post. I remember talks of possibly Frontierland with a theater. @marni1971 @Magic Feather do you recall any of this? I swear we had some mention somewhere of a possiblity of a theater in the MK but the news got sort of lost in the shuffle.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
lol. It really should be though. I get it's something they could put off, but they need the capacity. I hope they do something with a theater in the Kingdom and surprise us. Maybe refurb PhilarMagic instead to host a stage show? That could explain where the budget went. But I'm sure it went for something else that ballooned in cost, but I'm just guessing.

It seemed to be, although I remember hearing about a proposed theater somewhere in the MK. I think it was just forgotten about. It wasn't a "we're getting a theater on Main Street" kind of post. I remember talks of possibly Frontierland with a theater. @marni1971 @Magic Feather do you recall any of this? I swear we had some mention somewhere of a possiblity of a theater in the MK but the news got sort of lost in the shuffle.
Yes. Frontierland was mooted to get a theatre amongst other things.

P_Radden

Oh, I know I'm crazy :joyfull::p

We're all a little mad, though, aren't we ;)
537b660d9fb45.jpeg

trainplane3

Jim Hill (I know, I know “he can’t be trusted” or whatever) briefly mentioned in his new podcast that Inside Out has been gaining momentum for a presence in the Imagination pavilion? I hope not. Anyone have any info? I know many insiders say Imagination is many years away from any real movement, but I hope Hill is wrong.
With the way it works, it probably is at 99% chance today and then drops to a 10% chance tomorrow followed up by a 25% chance next week. Even if it did gain momentum, I wouldn't worry until we started getting a bit closer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom