Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Good thing there isn't a polite discussion going on. ;)
These types of heated discussions are usually more informative due to the high level of Disney knowledge being used to prove a point or make a rebuttal. Sadly though, there will most likely be a forum member who chimes in demanding the mods to "lock it down"!! And it is usually someone who is not even participating in the conversation.

Goofyernmost

The development of EPCOT Center, including the process of acquiring sponsors, is well documented and discussed.
You are a liar. You have nothing to back up any of this nonsense.
So what a Japanese department store sells is not Japanese enough for you? The store sells items they sell to normal Japanese people in their normal Japanese stores.
You don't know it so therefore nobody else can know it.
My god, can you not have a conversation without name calling and accepting what other people see as reality as opposed to yours.

To begin with I stated originally that I had read that this was the case. I wasn't there at the time nor, unlike yourself apparently, was present in the board room when these decisions were or were not made. I got my information from other sources. I don't know anyone that knows anyone that was there at the time or even if they were would have had access to the complete and detailed operation. Even if they did there might be many good reasons why the real happenings were not discussed publicly. Is it possible that the information that I saw was not correct, of course it is. Is it possible that you don't know what you're talking about is also true. Don't see why not.

When I read what I conveyed, it made perfect sense based on the realities of the world. The real world is the one I'm talking about, not the fantasy world of Disney. That is the one I accept and all your insulting denial does not change that. I am not bullied into my opinion by self appointed people that feel that they know everything and have flim flamed others into believing everything they say.

If you want to believe that a retail store tells the history and culture of a group of people that have been around for centuries and centuries, then you go ahead and try and sell that, however, I am not buying it. Let's leave it at that!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
When I read what I conveyed, it made perfect sense based on the realities of the world. The real world is the one I'm talking about, not the fantasy world of Disney.
You have consistently made it clear that your view on the realities of this world is that we are sinking faster than the USS Maddox in the Gulf of Tonkin.
So that is your source? Good to know.
Have you cited your source? Aside form claiming you read something? If so, apologies as I cant see where you did.

By your very own logic, the information you conveyed (after reading it) is fallible unless there is absolute proof that the author of said information was at the board meetings when the decisions were made. By that logic, whats the point of even discussing anything unless it is with a board member who has a video tape and recording of all decisions made?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If I may chip in, for what it's worth, Canada was the only pavilion designed with no input from the relevant territories authorities. Telecom Canada had some input into O'Canada, aside from that WED had free reign.

Again, for what it's worth. I would love to find the source that I have read somewhere along the line, and possibly will be able to sometime. For now it's locked in the mess I call my brain.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You have consistently made it clear that your view on the realities of this world is that we are sinking faster than the USS Maddox in the Gulf of Tonkin.

Have you cited your source? Aside form claiming you read something? If so, apologies as I cant see where you did.

By your very own logic, the information you conveyed (after reading it) is fallible unless there is absolute proof that the author of said information was at the board meetings when the decisions were made. By that logic, whats the point of even discussing anything unless it is with a board member who has a video tape and recording of all decisions made?

Ah yes the Gulf of Tonkin where spooked equipment and even more spooked operators too a bad situation and created the nightmare scenario

lazyboy97o

My god, can you not have a conversation without name calling and accepting what other people see as reality as opposed to yours.

To begin with I stated originally that I had read that this was the case. I wasn't there at the time nor, unlike yourself apparently, was present in the board room when these decisions were or were not made. I got my information from other sources. I don't know anyone that knows anyone that was there at the time or even if they were would have had access to the complete and detailed operation. Even if they did there might be many good reasons why the real happenings were not discussed publicly. Is it possible that the information that I saw was not correct, of course it is. Is it possible that you don't know what you're talking about is also true. Don't see why not.

When I read what I conveyed, it made perfect sense based on the realities of the world. The real world is the one I'm talking about, not the fantasy world of Disney. That is the one I accept and all your insulting denial does not change that. I am not bullied into my opinion by self appointed people that feel that they know everything and have flim flamed others into believing everything they say.

If you want to believe that a retail store tells the history and culture of a group of people that have been around for centuries and centuries, then you go ahead and try and sell that, however, I am not buying it. Let's leave it at that!
You are not presenting an alternate view. You made stuff up and as is usual are retreating to your nonsense position that your outlandish claims must be given equal credit because nobody was present at a hypothetical meeting that you also made up. You made no prior claims to having read such information and it would be huge if any credible source had ever publicly accused Walt Disney Productions of engaging in fraud and money laundering with Mexico, China, Germany, Italy, the United States, Japan, France, the United Kingdom and Canada.

You then proceeded to provide a reasoning that this scheme was necessitated by the end of World's Fairs, another false statement that is incredibly easy to verify. While you can again claim to being ill-informed, this is not the first time you have tried to peddle the idea that World's Fairs are dead and were dead before EPCOT Center opened. The Bureau International des Expositions existed in 1982 and continues to exist to this day. World's Fairs continue to be held. When EPCOT Center opened there was a World's Fair ongoing in the same timezone, in the same country and government participants included every single original World Showcase country, the very ones that you say had to launder money because they could no longer participate in such fairs.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

You re not presenting an alternate view. You made stuff up and as is usual are retreating to your nonsense position that your outlandish claims must be given equal credit because nobody was presented at a hypothetical meeting that you also made up. You made no prior claims to having read such information and it would be huge if any credible source had ever publicly accused Walt Disney Productions of engaging in fraud and money laundering with Mexico, China, Germany, Italy, the United States, Japan, France, the United Kingdom and Canada.

You then proceeded to provide a reasoning that this scheme was necessitated by the end of World's Fairs, another false statement that is incredibly easy to verify. While you can again claim to being ill-informed, this is not the first time you have tried to peddle the idea that World's Fairs are dead and were dead before EPCOT Center opened. The Bureau International des Expositions existed in 1982 and continues to exist to this day. World's Fairs continue to be held. When EPCOT Center opened there was a World's Fair ongoing in the same timezone, in the same country and government participants included every single original World Showcase country, the very ones that you say had to launder money because they could no longer participate in such fairs.

I just think his google is broke. All of this is easy to find REAL information about.

brb1006

Over the line.
Lazyboy97o: You are a liar!

Tony The Tigger; No I'm not
images

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Spent the majority of my weekend enjoying Epcot. This place needs a facelift of the highest order. I'm a huge Epcot Center fan and miss the old days with an aching heart. But good lord....it's struggling. So no completely new attraction there until Guardians takes over in 3ish years?! Nothin'??

You mean more festival days are not enough for you...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom