• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

jt04

Advertisement
A great attraction is diminished by poor placement... and right now nobody knows if this will be a good attraction on its own merits or not.
Not sure they would have done something this controversial unless they knew it was a winner. Hopefully.

po1998

A great attraction is diminished by poor placement...
...only by critics who are looking to find fault in everything WDW. I get it, the building is big, and the theme of the attraction might not be the perfect fit, but either wait for it to open before criticizing, or state your opinion and move on. The non-stop bashing over the course of 2-3 years of construction, and then more after opening is tiring.

...and it's not just GoTG. It's TRON, it's Rat, it's everything that is announced or even rumored.

This is not just directed at you, rather all members, and I am critical of TDO at times myself, but I try and resist repeating myself over and over and over again.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

...only by critics who are looking to find fault in everything WDW. I get it, the building is big, and the theme of the attraction might not be the perfect fit, but either wait for it to open before criticizing, or state your opinion and move on. The non-stop bashing over the course of 2-3 years of construction, and then more after opening is tiring.

...and it's not just GoTG. It's TRON, it's Rat, it's everything that is announced or even rumored.

This is not just directed at you, rather all members, and I am critical of TDO at times myself, but try and resist repeating myself over and over and over again.
Some of us learned a lesson from New Fantasy Land. Some (apparently), did not. The writing is on the wall.

jt04

DHS has tight streets lined with buildings on both sides, which helps hide the view unwanted buildings (like RnRC show building)

Epcot has large open spaces which make it really hard to hide anything
I have tried to imagine a specific location at dhs and it would be fine from certain locations as you say. But it would have overwhelmed from other areas. This is not the case at Epcot unless strategically placing oneself and using a telephoto lens.

atighe42

@marni1971 Okay, so with what you know and what you're allowed to say, is the spine project they are moving ahead with the one that you were hoping for? Or is it a mix of both? Or, worse yet, the one you really didn't want? I know one of the plans was for a total Innoventions removal, so there has to be some silver lining in the new version, right?

lee.moles.disney

This is not just directed at you, rather all members, and I am critical of TDO at times myself, but try and resist repeating myself over and over and over again.
Amen

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Okay, so with what you know and what you're allowed to say, is the spine project they are moving ahead with the one that you were hoping for? Or is it a mix of both? Or, worse yet, the one you really didn't want? I know one of the plans was for a total Innoventions removal, so there has to be some silver lining in the new version, right?
Personally? It’s one I didn’t really want. Could have been worse, could have been an awful lot better.

Top Bottom