Boardwalk Villas vs. Caribbean Beach for family with 4 year old and 16 month old...

IceCreamGirl77

I've never been to Disney with kids before and am trying to decide whether the $1,000 plus price difference is worth (1) the ability to walk to Epcot and HS, and (2) the extra space, so that our 16 month old could nap in the private room. With young kids, do you think these matter much, or are the buses (and napping with adults in the room) sufficient?!?!? Thanks!

yankspy

Welcome to the boards. I would say that it is definately worth it. The close proximity to two parks makes a huge difference when you are traveling with a young one. The ability to have privacy while your child naps is also a big plus. Aside from that, the Boardwalk is also a nicer hotel.

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

For my money proximity within walking distance to two parks,the variety of transportaion, the various dinning and entertainment options sells me on the Boardwalk.

Pirate themed rooms are not what drives me when choosing a hotel, although
Haunted Mansion themed rooms spark my interest very much so.

Upvote 0

Candlejack

YES, it is so worth it. Not only for the reasons that you mentioned, but the Caribbean Beach has a really confusing layout, whereas the Boardwalk is much simpler and indoors. Your 4-year-old would also probably love all the entertainers on the Boardwalk. And, of course, its location is prime.

Upvote 0

awilliams4

Since you are referencing your child sleeping in 'another' room, I am assuming you are looking at a 1 Bedroom accomodation. If so, it is wonderful. You may actually find that you can get a 1 Bedroom much cheaper by renting points from a DVC member.

We stayed at the All Star Music in 98, Polynesian twice, Beach Club once and then the Swan/Dolphin about 6 times.

After becoming DVC members and staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom villa, we just have no interest in staying in Hotel rooms anymore. The vacations are SO different and you feel so less rushed. The enclosement of a hotel room seems to push us out the door for space. With the villa, it is like a real vacation. We do room service a couple times each trip just to enjoy that much more times in the villa.

You can find DVC members renting their points for DVC Villa stays at disboards.com.

Upvote 0

maze

I've never been to Disney with kids before and am trying to decide whether the $1,000 plus price difference is worth (1) the ability to walk to Epcot and HS, and (2) the extra space, so that our 16 month old could nap in the private room. With young kids, do you think these matter much, or are the buses (and napping with adults in the room) sufficient?!?!? Thanks!

Yes, the Villa is worth it. Not to mention you will have a washer/dryer in your room and a full frig w/ice maker. All appliances, dishes, pots, silverware. Take it from a DVC member and a grandmom of 7 ; wouldn't do it any other way.

Upvote 0

Dcoates

You may want to look at the Beach Club. If your going to be spending time at the resort Storm Along Bay has a shallow sand bottom area perfect for your age children.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I have to agree with everyone else, the extra room is totally worth it. The Boardwalk Villas are not just like having two connecting rooms, they are very very nice. You have so much room. We're not sure if we can ever stay in a normal room again, and there's only 4 of us.:)

Walking in to Epcot is so incredibly convenient. As a previous poster mentioned, Beach Club is the same way, with an excellent pool.

I highly recommend the villas with a Boardwalk view. We spent a lot of time in ours just because we enjoyed it so much.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I have to agree with everyone else, the extra room is totally worth it. The Boardwalk Villas are not just like having two connecting rooms, they are very very nice. You have so much room. We're not sure if we can ever stay in a normal room again, and there's only 4 of us.:)

Walking in to Epcot is so incredibly convenient. As a previous poster mentioned, Beach Club is the same way, with an excellent pool.

I highly recommend the villas with a Boardwalk view. We spent a lot of time in ours just because we enjoyed it so much.

While I agree with most of what's been said here, and would also suggest going for the Boardwalk if you can, I can't help but think, for kids your age (especially the really little one) you might be better off requesting a "standard" room. You won't be facing the Boardwalk, but you also won't have to deal with the noise coming from the Boardwalk, either. Generally speaking, there isn't nearly as much noise on the front side of the resort, and the farther away you are from the center of the building, the better your odds are of even less noise.

I'd also suggest you at least think about renting DVC points to get the room. Unless you're going during an incredible promotion, you'll probably save a lot of money going that route.

Upvote 0

Chrononymous

The other nice ammenity about having a villa at the Boardwalk...is the onsite washer/dryer.

It's not something we ever thought about ...until we were caught in a torrential downpour!
And it was nice to soak in the spa tub, and then slip into warm and toasty just-out-of-the-drier clothing!

With kids, I imagine this would also be a plus.

Also the Boardwalk is just more fun. And that's coming from a girl who loves pirates!

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

While I agree with most of what's been said here, and would also suggest going for the Boardwalk if you can, I can't help but think, for kids your age (especially the really little one) you might be better off requesting a "standard" room. You won't be facing the Boardwalk, but you also won't have to deal with the noise coming from the Boardwalk, either. Generally speaking, there isn't nearly as much noise on the front side of the resort, and the farther away you are from the center of the building, the better your odds are of even less noise.

I'd also suggest you at least think about renting DVC points to get the room. Unless you're going during an incredible promotion, you'll probably save a lot of money going that route.

Maybe you should request an upper floor boardwalk view. We didn't have any noise problems on the third floor. It's possible it would be noiser on lower floors though.:)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
My recollection is that the 1 BR has a lot of room to set up a crib for the baby in the MBR- that would give the rest of you lots of space to relax in the living/kitchen area while baby is napping. Having a full sized kitchen is a definite plus, along with the W/D.

I was in the "duck wing" which was far away from the noise, but close to the quiet pool. I had ducks outside my door every morning.

Upvote 0

_Scar

Can you rent DVC points if you are not a club member? If you can, how do you go about it?

Yes, absolutely and it's a bargain. It's how I'm staying 5 nights at BLT for less than half of what I'd pay thru Disney.

Check out this forum

http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Basically, you will post what you need or look for people with points for what you need.

Here's the point calculator
http://www.dvcrequest.com/point_calculator.asp

All you need to know to complete the transaction is to contact the DVC owner you're renting from and make sure they know you're trustworthy. A contract will probably be signed, but it's simple.

Good luck!!

Upvote 0

todpatcam

This seems like a really good deal - to good to be true deal so I'm sure I'm not doing something right.

I went to both of the web addresses provided and for 6 nights at the Boardwalk, it stated that we would need 74 points. I went to the next website and there were several folks renting points for $6.00 per point; this calculates to $444.00 for a 6 night trip. I know I need to add parK tickets, but this is less expensive than what I'm paying for CBR for the same 6 nights.

I am missing something??? Thx. :shrug:

Upvote 0

plutospal

This seems like a really good deal - to good to be true deal so I'm sure I'm not doing something right.

I went to both of the web addresses provided and for 6 nights at the Boardwalk, it stated that we would need 74 points. I went to the next website and there were several folks renting points for $6.00 per point; this calculates to $444.00 for a 6 night trip. I know I need to add parK tickets, but this is less expensive than what I'm paying for CBR for the same 6 nights.

I am missing something??? Thx. :shrug:

This sounds right. For 74 points, I assume this is for a studio. If folks are renting for $6.00 per point, it is probably because their points will expire soon and they need to use them or rent them. Otherwise, most points rent for around $10.00 per point. Even at $10.00 per point, it is still a great deal!

Upvote 0

plutospal

Just wanted to add, if you are in the 1-bedroom villa, you will have a full kitchen. You can save a lot of money on food by eating breakfast every morning in your room (or other meals). And like what the other posters said, the location is prime.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom