Blackbeard added to pirates

djkidkaz

Original Poster
This was the only change I noticed.
photo-3.jpg

Sorry best image I could get!

TP2000

Interesting! I was wondering when that change would happen. It was still Davey Jones on Monday.

The movie opens today in theaters, so the new image appeared this morning in both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom Park.

Al Lutz says there's a new Pirates IV segment debuting tonight at World of Color as well. So the Pirates IV push has arrived.

Mansion Butler

I think I would like Blackbeard more than Davy Jones.

Probably because I haven't seen his movie and come to hate it yet? Or maybe the lack of tentacles?

Captain Neo

I heard the new movie sucks but im still excited to see Blackbeard. They should bring him back in the actual ride and get rid Barbosa and the corny dialogue they added throughout the ride

fngoofy

I wish neither was there. It was cooler going through the caves with the "dead men tell no tales" echoing towards you.
It would be neat to keep the waterfall effect with no character in it. That way it would look and sound like you were going into a real waterfall.

jmick71

the black beard in the water fall makes sence, after seeing the movie it is a good fit, not as good as jones, but still good.

the movie was very good:D It did not suck!

askmike1

Blackbeard is staying for a while, but Jones will be back before the year is over (unless there is some big outcry to keep Mr. Beard, I suppose). And no, the movie does not suck in the least bit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
WOC at DCA also got its Pirates 4 addition last night, replacing the Chernabog sequence. Synergy. Don't you love it.

PeoplemoverTTA

the black beard in the water fall makes sence, after seeing the movie it is a good fit, not as good as jones, but still good.

the movie was very good:D It did not suck!

Blackbeard is staying for a while, but Jones will be back before the year is over (unless there is some big outcry to keep Mr. Beard, I suppose). And no, the movie does not suck in the least bit.

I agree - looked great in 3D, too!

I'm looking forward to seeing this effect in person this August. Although, if they went through the trouble of changing over, I'm hoping they've also fixed whatever causes the effect to be non-functioning from time to time..seems like the upkeep would be pretty easy for the mist.

MrsJackSparrow

LOL @ Mr. Beard . . . one of the better lines in the movie, I thought!

And the movie does not suck! Lots of references to the original were included, and it is always a pleasure to spend time with the Captain!

WDWFREAK53

I saw it last night and didn't think it was bad. It wasn't as good as the other three (although, I may put it above DMC) but it wasn't a bad movie at all. I really enjoyed it. It does prove that Mr. Depp didn't make them...it was the entire cast. Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightley were missed.

It had action, adventure, comedy...it was very fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom