Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wanna know what that outfit is gonna be, you got me curious. :)
1658768093958.jpeg

Californian Elitist

I wanna know what that outfit is gonna be, you got me curious. :)
I’m thinking something like this:

16756577-D913-45FC-B81A-DD55EB63A0C1.jpeg

I’d prefer to wear something African inspired, but as long as I look classy, that’s all that matters. Black Panther means a lot to me personally, and I took Chadwick Boseman’s death pretty hard. I want to honor both the movie and his life in November.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What year was that again?

And the Star died…which will probably drive Initial curiosity and then steep drop off.

$1.5 billion is very optimistic.
It was 2018, and as I said its my opinion my friend. You may think its optimistic but I think its doable especially if the interwebs get motivated to see it to honor Chadwick, which I actually think will happen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was 2018, and as I said its my opinion my friend. You may think its optimistic but I think its doable especially if the interwebs get motivated to see it to honor Chadwick, which I actually think will happen.
I think the arc of marvel will continue as it has been going…especially after reviewing the big SDCC slate

Ghost93

While Top Gun Maverick is a legitimately good movie, I hate how it's being weaponized by those who despise diversity in film.

Anyway, I think Black Panther: Wakanda Forever's box office will ultimately depend on whether it's a good movie. If the movie without T'challa is a complete mess, I don't see it making much more than $700 million. But if the film manages to be a satisfying and emotional tribute to Boseman's legacy AND tells a compelling story the movie could be just as much as a phenomenon as the first movie.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m thinking something like this:

View attachment 655514

I’d prefer to wear something African inspired, but as long as I look classy, that’s all that matters. Black Panther means a lot to me personally, and I took Chadwick Boseman’s death pretty hard. I want to honor both the movie and his life in November.
I like it, you'll look like you're walking the carpet in that.

I think this movie is going to be the event of the year.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While Top Gun Maverick is a legitimately good movie, I hate how it's being weaponized by those who despise diversity in film.

Anyway, I think Black Panther: Wakanda Forever's box office will ultimately depend on whether it's a good movie. If the movie without T'challa is a complete mess, I don't see it making much more than $700 million. But if the film manages to be a satisfying and emotional tribute to Boseman's legacy AND tells a compelling story the movie could be just as much as a phenomenon as the first movie.
Given what was seen in the trailer I think its going to be just as phenomenal as the first movie but more. Namor is one character that almost all Marvel fans have been begging for in the MCU outside of F4 and X-Men.

Californian Elitist

I like it, you'll look like you're walking the carpet in that.

I think this movie is going to be the event of the year.
Thank you! I dressed up for the first one, too. Got interviewed as well after the movie ended to share my thoughts.

I don’t see the movie flopping at all. If anything, black moviegoers will absolutely show up. I personally don’t care if it makes as much money as Top Gun or not.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think the arc of marvel will continue as it has been going…especially after reviewing the big SDCC slate
Well that is what the MCU does, continues the arc they are building to. Which in this case is Secret Wars. However that still doesn't change that Wakanda Forever is likely going to be a huge hit even if you don't think so. The first movie was important to a lot of people, and the second one even more so since the passing of Chadwick.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Thank you! I dressed up for the first one, too. Got interviewed as well after the movie ended to share my thoughts.

I don’t see the movie flopping at all. If anything, black moviegoers will absolutely show up. I personally don’t care if it makes as much money as Maverick or not.
I'm not even comparing it to Maverick, that is just silly to do. And I absolutely agree that I think it'll have just as many if not more moviegoers this time around to honor Chadwick.

BrianLo

I am against the recasting simply because this feels like it’s a deservedly much weighty-er movie. This could have been a sophomore slump more of the same, but they are now forced to go in a harder and more interesting direction. We’ll never get another movie like this from Marvel where the lead is taken off the board, since they otherwise have plot armour to get to their trilogy.

I would like Michael B Jordan to return though. Even if it’s strictly in the Ancestral Plain.

I’m also a huge fan that this is now essentially a Black Woman Ensemble. That’s even more impactful in some ways.

UNCgolf

It's certainly not going to flop. I have no idea what the actual turnout will be, but I think it will be one of the most successful films of this phase -- I wouldn't be surprised to see it out-perform anything other than the two Avengers films, and it may even outperform those depending on how people feel about the new team.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well that is what the MCU does, continues the arc they are building to. Which in this case is Secret Wars. However that still doesn't change that Wakanda Forever is likely going to be a huge hit even if you don't think so. The first movie was important to a lot of people, and the second one even more so since the passing of Chadwick.
Well the movie arc is downward now…as it stands. I think that continues. Guardians 3 is most likely to be the anomaly to that. But we’ll see.

Thor isn’t coming close…doctor strange puttered out and I think that was one of the best efforts of the last few years. But opinions vary.

They have back to back “avengers” slated and they really don’t have any avengers left…who’s in that again?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's certainly not going to flop. I have no idea what the actual turnout will be, but I think it will be one of the most successful films of this phase -- I wouldn't be surprised to see it out-perform anything other than the two Avengers films, and it may even outperform those depending on how people feel about the new team.
Flop no…but I think it’s not gonna come close to this prognostication. The actual black panther character was one of the best MCU takes. It’s not gonna be replaced so easily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom