Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Prince-1

You have the reading comprehension of a 4yr old. I wasn't called out by anything in that article. But if you knew how to read you would know that. But hey, if making a bunch of nonsense up makes you feel better, you go right ahead. I'm just glad I get to argue with Disney's greatest fan ever!

A 4yr old??? I mean I think I can read as well as any 6th grader. ;)

And spin it anyway you want but Mangold was talking directly to you and your fellow trolls. Oh and did you take my advice and get in touch with him to see if he can create a trailer that is more to your liking?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The old 90-day theatrical window for wide-releases would not have been on anyone's radar in the before times. After 90 days, movies went to pay-per-view (e.g., in hotels), then DVD, then premium cable, then broadcast. People waiting for a movie to show up on one of the network broadcast channels had an almost one-year wait.

In the New Age of Streaming, that's all out the window and everyone's still trying to figure out what works.

erasure fan1

A 4yr old??? I mean I think I can read as well as any 6th grader. ;)

And spin it anyway you want but Mangold was talking directly to you and your fellow trolls. Oh and did you take my advice and get in touch with him to see if he can create a trailer that is more to your liking?
You keep saying that he was talking to me. Except I never said they were going to erase Indy from the timeline. Infact I said I didn't agree with that rumor at all. So let's sum things up. I liked the trailer, was hoping the movie is good, was pretty positive all around, yet I'm a troll. Was it the there's a chance I thought the movie could go sideways that set you off? Is it real fans have to give Disney every benefit of the doubt no matter their current track record? So of all the behavior on display, it's yours that is Trollish.

LSLS

I'm sure it's possible, but at some point they need to get out of "pandemic mode" and retrain audiences. They're going to do it with Avatar either way, but I hope they'll start here.

I agree, but I also think until they do, people will have that assumption. I know I for one (I know, I don't represent everyone) decided I'd wait for it cause it didn't excite me that much, and I figured I wouldn't need to wait too long for it to appear on D+. Now, if I thought I had 3 months till I could rent it and 6 months til I could see it for free, that honestly might have changed my plans. But I'm definitely in the group that needs to be retrained if that's the plan.

Jedijax719

We saw about 8 movies in the theaters in 2019. We saw one in 2020 before they closed. Only 1 in 2021 and 1 in 2022.

It is just the way it is.

DKampy

We still go to the movies about once a week… but it is just my wife and I…we still feel like it is the cheapest form of entertainment for the 2 of us… we usually go on Sunday matinee.. it is either $7.00 or $9.00 a ticket depending on which theater we go to…plus shh… we sometimes sneak in snacks and bottles drinks… got to love my wife’s purse

We are also movie people though and see more than just the blockbusters

TP2000

I believe its been said it needs to make $750M to breakeven, and it should do that by this weekend (or come close).

Here's where Wakanda Forever stands globally as of this afternoon, taking in the global box office numbers from around the world for this past weekend that were released this morning. It's almost there!

But it should cross the $750 Million mark today or tomorrow, and finally start putting money in Burbank's account.

AlmostThere!.jpg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Here's where Wakanda Forever stands globally as of this afternoon, taking in the global box office numbers from around the world for this past weekend that were released this morning. It's almost there!

But it should cross the $750 Million mark today or tomorrow, and finally start putting money in Burbank's account.

View attachment 683574
Yes I'm well aware, thanks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

View attachment 683574
Yes, as been said here already.

Disney Analyst

Last weekend had a grim overall box office of $52.6 million, the sixth worst of the year. As nothing major opens this weekend, we’re in for what will likely be the second or third worst weekend of the year, with the overall cume possibly sinking below $40 million. It shouldn’t stoop as low as the $34.9 million grossing January 28-30 weekend, the worst of the year, but that’s about as positive of a spin that we can give on the dreary state of the box office as we await its revival with the opening of Avatar: The Way of Water next weekend.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever should top the box office for the fifth and final time (which happens to be the same amount of weekends that the first Black Panther topped the charts, though that was a more impressive feat given the competition it faced). Following its $17.5 million post-Thanksgiving weekend, it would need a drop of under 43% to stay above $10 million, otherwise the weekend will be bereft of any film to even make the double digit millions. Putting aside the unfortunate box office climate, the numbers are strong on ]Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, which is at $396 million through Tuesday (and $736 million worldwide). Topping Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ $411 million cume to become the year’s second highest domestic grosser is a lock, whether it gets there this weekend, next weekend, or somewhere in between. This weekend it could crack the list of the MCU’s top ten domestic grossers, knocking Captain America: Civil War ($408 million) from its slot.

Jedijax719

Have to say that while some will argue either way as to whether BPWF is big or not, there's one thing that people keep forgetting. Sure, this movie had its obstacles and sure, Avatar 2 is stealing hype. But if BPWF was THE Christmas release in any given year, we'd be signing a VERY different tune in terms of box office results.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom