Biggest Disney Pet Peeve

My biggest Disney pet peeve is wanting to be at Disney World but not being there. :D

Okay, for real though, I think I have two pet peeves here...

I know strollers are a pain to push around and maneuver in crowds, but that doesn't mean you can barrel through everyone just cuz you have one. If you have nowhere to go and your stroller's in the way, that's not your fault, but I'm pretty sure 95% of the people I see with strollers aren't so courteous. ESPECIALLY those who get the big double strollers the parks offer. People with those are the most likely to run people over and leave them directly in the path where tons of people are trying to get through (shoutout to that one lady who blocked the entrances to the only nearby restrooms AND the entire pathway with her massive double stroller while I was trying to maintain traffic flow during Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. And didn't even TRY to move over, but instead chose the most inconvenient spot for everyone and made it impossible for at least a few hundred guests to get from one side of the park to another... with a stroller).

The other thing I'm not too crazy about it when kids are being really chill and the parents stress out anyway because their plans aren't going perfectly, and so they yell at their kids who're actually being really laid back with everything. I get that parents would be angry if their kids are being rude and aren't even trying to understand how difficult it can be to take them to such an expensive place, but jeez. Even so, you're kinda ruining the magic for everyone around you when instead of taking your kids to the side and having a quiet conversation, you throw a tantrum at them in the middle of a big crowd. That's just kinda mean, man.

MrHappy

Parents that promise their small/young children things like, "we/you are going to Meet Cinderella", Then when the child never meets Cinderella at all, the child is in the park, crying, and yelling at mom/dad, "but you promised". Better not to make promises. That way, the kids will be surprised at everything that comes along, and no tears/tantrums.
[katiebug]

Goofyernmost

Or at least if they are going to promise make sure its a fastpass character and say nothing until you have confirmed fastpass
Don't even do it then... so many things can cause a meet and greet to not happen, be it weather, personell problems or timing. Better to just tell them that you are going to try, but, reinforce that it isn't always possible. Never promise anything that isn't directly in your control. The typical response should simply be... we'll try, but, we may not be able too!

tglancy

I hate feeling sick at Disney World.
THIS!! We had a stomach thing tear through our room a few years ago, and puking into the bushes at the bust stop at the Magic Kingdom is about the worst thing ever. I felt like such a degenerate, even though I was sick. And then my son got sick that night and my wife the whole next day. Only my youngest son made it through with no issues. Awful 48 hour period.

James Norrie

Here's another pet peeve. Whatever it is that Disney sprays on the lawn in the mornings. I'm going to assume that it's fertilizer. Whatever it is it's God awful. It smells like a dirty foot. Every single morning when we get up at the resort and we walk to the car it smells like rotting foot.
I thought I was the only one ... I noticed it every morning at POP while I was there 8/20-8/28. Dirty Foot is right on the money!

James Norrie

I think my biggest pet peeve is people proving the "Ugly American" stereotype. Filthy, Rude, Inconsiderate, Selfish, and downright disgusting.
Case in Point...-I saw one due, probably 45ish, picking his nose and wiping it on the seat in a bus to POP.
-Saw another 'diet-challenged' woman that (I swear on my soul) looked exactly like Roz on a scooter literally RAM into a woman that was walking in MK, had the nerve to scream at her that she was "In my path!"
-Some people need to learn to hold their gasses in while in queue lines... I don't appreciate your flatulence!!!
-I'll repeat the sentiments of others here: USE DEODERANT! I don't care to smell cold cuts emanating from your pores!
-If you cut me in line I will make sure to make a fool of you, I don't care if you "no comprendo"!
-Wear family appropriate clothing. No one wants to see your butt crack (or cheeks), and I don't like when some woman is walking around TL or BB in a Thong... Makes things awkward with a 15 year old DSS who is now drooling...
-People who think they are the only person waiting after Wishes that is exhausted, sore and cranky from being at MK all day and walking 15 miles. WE ALL ARE, and you are not special and deserving of a second seat on the bus because you need to rest your feet.

Just be considerate! I love WDW, and so does the family. We absolutely rush to the showers every night at the hotel just to wash off other people's nastiness, let alone our own sweat and park grime.

Takeitforgranite

My biggest pet peeve that would help with other pet peeves is the overall crowd flow. There are never any "lanes", and there are always people going in random directions, even like on main walkways like Main Street where most everyone could stay to their right and help the flow It's like an endless traffic intersection with no light or stop signs, and scooters have right of way.

Another is the massive backpack guy who could take out an average family of 4 just by turning around.

Rinx

I enjoy the concept of a magical moment but please don't give a party free ice cream at an outdoor cart when there is a line. I've witnessed this on more than one occasion. It's almost rude to everyone else who witnessed it to the point they feel jaded or like why were they selected and not us?, etc. I got a free dole whip once but there was no one else around waiting.

rob0519

People crowding up the walkways and the lines at MCO airport to get through security.
Personally, I think MCO does a horrible job of queuing people up for TSA which exacerbates the problem. We always have a rental car, so you we would rather drive to Tampa and fly out of TPA than deal with the mess in Orlando.

Disney Shib

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, forgive me if so. I know it might sound ridiculous but it absolutely drives me bonkers when you are waiting in a long line for an attraction and the people in front of you don't move up when the line moves lol. (I guess the same thing goes for sitting in traffic lol) :cautious:

copcarguyp71

We ate at the Primetime Cafe tonight and we always look forward to it. Well tonight there were these idiots from south NJ that were sitting at the next table from us and they were SUUUUUUUUUPER loud! I mean I've never seen a more obnoxious family and I go 3 times a year. I was dumbfounded by their complete lack of self awareness. At one point the little boy jumped up and slapped his dad in the face and they were just laughing about it! The WORST thing though was one of the women had on shorts and you could literally see her butt. I mean they rode so low on her that her butt was completely hanging out of them. I asked for the check as early as possible and took the CM off to the side and told him that his service was great but I just HAD to get away from those morons. I've never seen anybody like that at Disneyworld. He told me that most people from southern Jersey act that way. If anyone on here is from southern Jersey, PLEEEEASE don't EVER act that way! Ruined my whole experience tonight honestly.

and you knew they were from South Jersey how???

danyoung56

Personally, I think MCO does a horrible job of queuing people up for TSA which exacerbates the problem.

From my experience, the problem at MCO is that all people for all flights get routed through the same checkpoint, and it's always just totally overwhelmed. I've waited much longer at MCO for TSA check than I have at any other airport in the country.

corxxgold

My biggest pet peeve that would help with other pet peeves is the overall crowd flow. There are never any "lanes", and there are always people going in random directions, even like on main walkways like Main Street where most everyone could stay to their right and help the flow It's like an endless traffic intersection with no light or stop signs, and scooters have right of way.

Another is the massive backpack guy who could take out an average family of 4 just by turning around.

I hate the massive backpack guy, me and my daughter were in the line for Peter Pan and the guy in front of us had the 2 and 1/2 foot backpack hanging off of his back and every time he turned side to side my 36 inch daughter got clocked in the face.. These people don't even realize that they are doing it. I asked him if he could take the backpack off and carry it but he was saying it was too heavy to carry by hand, I tried to keep my daughter back but she was a curious kid, these are the times I want to clock someone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom