Biggest Disney Pet Peeve

G00fyDad

Here's another pet peeve. Whatever it is that Disney sprays on the lawn in the mornings. I'm going to assume that it's fertilizer. Whatever it is it's God awful. It smells like a dirty foot. Every single morning when we get up at the resort and we walk to the car it smells like rotting foot.

ninjaprincesst

We're the opposite. Having the expense of a rental car is not worth it for us. We've had our car down there a few times and still used Disney transportation except to get to Animal Kingdom and the water parks. By the time we park, walk or take the tram to the front if the park, or for MK, also take a monorail or ferry, it just wastes time for us. Plus if we come back at midnight, 1 am, 2 am, no one wants to be driving. We'd rather just wait for the bus and have them drop us off nice and close to where we need to be.

We also tend to stay at the Epcot resorts, so we walk to DHS and Epcot, which helps. I stayed at Pop a few years ago, though, and the longest I waited was for a DHS bus, 20 minutes. Most of the time, the buses were waiting for us. Even at closing, the longest wait was 20 minutes. Not worth several hundred dollars for a rental car IMO.
I agree, not to mention there are always four or five of us so to fit all of us and all our luggage we need an SUV which is even more expensive.

rob0519

I agree, not to mention there are always four or five of us so to fit all of us and all our luggage we need an SUV which is even more expensive.

We have 5 adults and luggage on most trips. Our adult son is special needs so a car just makes life easier. You're right about needing an SUV. With one suitcase for each person we need something the size of a Suburban. That usually runs about $800 a week.

Flyersgirl17

At Magic Kingdom we always watch the parade right in front of Pecos Bill's. For starters that's where the parade begins so it's over with in front of us first so we can get to another ride before the rest of the park finishes with a parade. Second it's got a little small stone wall that's perfect for sitting on. We have been extremely, extremely lucky to be able to get spots on that wall about 45 minutes before the parade starts every time we go. I know that one day our streak is going to end but I love sitting there to watch the parade because no one can sit in front of you. That doesn't mean people haven't tried. I've watched three families on one trip come and sit right in front of us on the walkway. A CM came along and told them they needed to move so they scooted back into our feet. Another CM came along and told them to move and the father in the last group that sat down looked up at the CM with a helpless look on his face and said "But we can't move back any farther." The CM told them they shouldn't have sat there to begin with and that they needed to get up and move. Two families got up to leave and another one actually had the gall to look at us and asked us to scoot over so they could sit down. There was no room to begin with but I wasn't going to budge. I just laughed at him. :hilarious:
we've sat in different places and usually it's ok but lately i don't know what's on people's minds. and what kills me is they run the SAME parade everyday. so ok if you miss it...no biggie...check it out the next day.

G00fyDad

We have 5 adults and luggage on most trips. Our adult son is special needs so a car just makes life easier. You're right about needing an SUV. With one suitcase for each person we need something the size of a Suburban. That usually runs about $800 a week.

We usually rent an SUV as well but it doesn't cost $800 a week. But we also go in October as well and that may be the cheapest time of the year. We get one through the cheapest carrier possible. I'm not worried about whether they find damage on the car because we always buy the insurance through the place as well. I think the most I've ever paid for one of these has been $500 for 10 days. Usually through Budget. The insurance is right around $100.

Goofyernmost

I just can't go the extra expense of the rent car, and I really don't mind the buses, sometimes I just make the personal choice to wait. I really don't mind waiting and if I in a hurry I'll stand. My daughter says the parking lot tram is way worse for the personal space issue than the bus (I think she is just spoiled )
Expense isn't the issue as much as it is the desire to stay onsite. Offsite you can save so much money on hotels and meals to way more then make up for the car rental and even give you extra to explore other things in the area. So, it boils down to, how important is it to stay onsite for you and your family, to me, it isn't important at all. To many it is very important, so it becomes a compromise, but, cost is not really an issue, you give up one thing for the other. On the tram there is no standing so everyone, can be close, but, I have never felt closed in at all.

rob0519

We usually rent an SUV as well but it doesn't cost $800 a week. But we also go in October as well and that may be the cheapest time of the year. We get one through the cheapest carrier possible. I'm not worried about whether they find damage on the car because we always buy the insurance through the place as well. I think the most I've ever paid for one of these has been $500 for 10 days. Usually through Budget. The insurance is right around $100.

Unfortunately, due to personal schedules we tend to go in July and August when the rates are higher. We usually use Budget as well. I'm sure I would get a better price in the Fall or Winter. I shop at least 3 or 4 rental companies. I tend to avoid Alamo only because they always seem to have so much business the lines at the airport are horrendous.

Mine is like the last one except it's about attractions. I overheard a loud mouth guy asking a newbie couple where they were heading. More or less they looked lost, I guess. When they said Mission: Space the guy amp-ed up and went on and on about how sick he and is partner were after the road it and the the green side was no better. He told them about being sick the whole rest of the day and over and over again begged them not to go on the ride as it will be a big mistake.

I wanted to find a big stick and beat the guy senseless. He may very well have had a bad reaction, but, to determine that someone else will is just mean. If they do, they do, but, the vast majority of people ride them with no adverse reactions at all. He managed to scare them away from it. I tried to catch up with them to ease their minds a little, but, they got in a crowd and I lost track of them. Why do people feel the need to discourage folks from trying new things simply because they had a bad experience?

My only comment to anyone who hasn't ridden it yet would be to ask if they get motion sickness easily. And if the answer is yes, then I'd say that they might want to look at something less intense, but if the answer is no, by all means, give it a try. Also, I'd say maybe don't ride on a full stomach lol - as even my ex (who liked Mission Space) made the mistake of riding it after eating a heavy lunch, and was sick the rest of the afternoon. But that was his own fault - I begged him to not do that before we got on it. ;)

Here's another pet peeve. Whatever it is that Disney sprays on the lawn in the mornings. I'm going to assume that it's fertilizer. Whatever it is it's God awful. It smells like a dirty foot. Every single morning when we get up at the resort and we walk to the car it smells like rotting foot.

I've heard that's them spraying for mosquitos and while it might smell awful, I've yet to ever get bit at WDW. So stank it on, Disney. I'll take the smell over getting eaten alive + Zika.

My biggest pet peeve is that what's left of the club/nightlife scene is now at Boardwalk and there's no direct buses there or back from other resorts. And if you miss the last bus back to Magic Kingdom, you're stuck taking a cab or uber back. I wouldn't mind so much, except that it's on top of paying a cover to get into the clubs. My friends/family have just started bringing our own bar supplies to the hotel and quietly creating our own nightlife.

I'm more annoyed that as soon as I was old enough to enjoy Pleasure Island, they got rid of it... and Disney Springs is just a glorified outlet mall.

G00fyDad

I've heard that's them spraying for mosquitos and while it might smell awful, I've yet to ever get bit at WDW. So stank it on, Disney. I'll take the smell over getting eaten alive + Zika.

I would take mosquito spray over this stuff. Apparently (according to a text reply from a friend that used to work there) it is fertilizer. It is foul smelling. Nothing like starting your day with a shower, a cup of hot coffee, leaving your room for the parks, and BAM! stank foot right in the face as you leave your room. LOL

steviej

I haven't read the thread yet, so if someone else said it, I apologize. My pet peeve is parents who force their kids who are scared and/or crying to take pics with characters. I understand that some people can only afford this trip for their family once and they want those pics. But I would rather not have the pics at all then have the pics with my kid bawling their eyes out. Not like I'm gonna hang that pic up in the office. Not only that, it's the kids vacation too. They have a right to enjoy themselves

betty rose

The last time I was at EPCOT (about 5-6 years ago), I ran into a situation that ticked me off at the time, but now I wonder if perhaps I overreacted. I would really like to hear others opinions about this.

Here's the breakdown: I was rushing over to the Test Track fast pass dispensary to try to get a FP before they ran out. It was a crowded day and the lines behind the FP machines were easily 15 people deep. I got in line and waited my turn to get FP's for my family of four. As time passed and the line progressed, I could see the FP return times getting later and later in the day indicating that they were going to run out fairly soon, but since there was only a group of 3 Indian teenagers ahead of me in the line I wasn't worried about my chances of getting a FP.

Now, The teenagers weren't misbehaving or being rude in any way, but they were taking in inordinately long time to get their FPs. Time ticked away and people in the lines to each side of me were advancing and getting FPs, but my line was stopped behind these boys. Keep in mind that I couldn't just barge into another line as the people to each side of me had been fairly waiting in line just like I had. I'm starting to get agitated and so are the people directly behind me, and we are all wondering what the hell these boys are doing. I started peering over their shoulders watching them, and it dawned on me what they were doing. These boys were party of an extended Indian tour group of at least 50 people that were waiting off to the side. They had everyone's paper single-day passes, and were slowly feeding the 50 or so tickets one at a time into the machine. Between the false starts and the slow machines, each FP they got took anywhere from 30-60 seconds, which ultimately was why we were all stuck behind them.

The boys were about halfway through the stack of tickets when I griped at them for holding up the line for their entire group. One of them piped up about they had paid for their tickets and they had a right to get FPs, to which I stated so did the people behind them who had also paid just like everybody else. One of the other boys suggested it was better if they just get out of line, so they all went back to their group, but in the end it was too late as the FP machines ran out of passes at that point.

In the end my griping at them was pointless, but at the time I felt like I had to say something. So, in your opinion was I out-of-line for griping at them, or did I have a reasonable complaint?

Or was this whole story way too dang long to read?
I would have said something. Getting tickets for 50 people is beyond ridiculous.

betty rose

Oh, I have seen way worse than any of those there was a women at HS , with her whole family, wearing a totally sheer blouse with no bra and just two of those round Mickey Mouse stickers that were "strategically placed". I was just dumbfounded she was allowed in like that and that her family was not mortified.
We rode on the bus, with a woman, that chose not to wear panties, and she was exposing herself to anyone sitting across from her. On purpose, hubby sitting next to her had no clue. She had three little kids with her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom