Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

bwr827

So will this corner of the park basically turn into a dead end at splash?

If btmrr goes down for 2yrs… and disney guts the river area to begin on cars… do they really wait until btmrr returns? The timelines are intriguing
Wait for what before BTMRR returns?

Do you mean the river and island project? Hopefully that will start as soon as possible — maybe January alongside big thunder.

ToTBellHop

I hope that is true. That is something I said seemed pretty obvious a couple months backed so hopefully it is not closed down for 2 straight holiday seasons
I imagine that decision will depend partially on December bookings. If the parks will be dead, they have no reason to wait.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Maybe they can fix Tiana and have it open on time and keep it running all day before they close down another major attraction.

Ah well it’s a good thought anyways

SomeInternetGuy

A permit for the refurb was filed last week with the FDEP. Construction period seems to extend all the way to the end of 2025. Normally a permit like this wouldn’t be required for a refurbishment, but it seems this project will involve around 4.9 acres of land disturbance. Will be interesting to see when this is announced and the actual length of the closure.

BTMR_refurb.jpeg

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
A permit for the refurb was filed last week with the FDEP. Construction period seems to extend all the way to the end of 2025. Normally a permit like this wouldn’t be required for a refurbishment, but it seems this project will involve around 4.9 acres of land disturbance. Will be interesting to see when this is announced and the actual length of the closure.

View attachment 815895
Typical cheap Disney. Shaving off a tenth of an acre just to save on the permitting fee. OPEN THE CHECKBOOK, BOB!

Chip Chipperson

View attachment 815895
One small correction: technically, the permit states that the construction will disrupt between 1 and 4.99 acres of land, which qualifies it as "small construction" instead of "large construction" (5 acres or more), so we don't know that 5his project will involve 4.9 acres, just that it will involve at least 1 acre and less than 5.

Sneaky

That extra tenth of an acre would’ve been a permanent Tiana’s Beignet Co-Op but her beignets just aren’t that good so it’s unnecessary.
I kinda get the feeling we were supposed to get more Tiana stuff in Frontierland but be we didn’t. Maybe we get bear resturaunt?

Ayla

One small correction: technically, the permit states that the construction will disrupt between 1 and 4.99 acres of land, which qualifies it as "small construction" instead of "large construction" (5 acres or more), so we don't know that 5his project will involve 4.9 acres, just that it will involve at least 1 acre and less than 5.
The permit states it will be 4.9 acres in the B slot.

Sorry, I got a phone in the middle of typing this! I see you corrected yourself. 😊

Squishy

They couldn't put 5 acres because then it's $150 extra and Mr Iger cant afford that type of spending at a time when attendance is low.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom