Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

DisDude33

As in was but isn’t happening anymore or still in the mix?
I’m unclear on that it this time and I also don’t think the intention was to put random songs on the but more it was suggested to put a new speaker system on the ride/ride cars to play generalized old west style music and enhance the existing sound effects of the ride.

What has happened since that initial idea was brought up I do not know.

Haymarket2008

The only SONG I would accept on this? The old school original song: The Ballad of Thunder Mountain. That would actually be really great. That being said, music isn’t necessary whatsoever on this attraction.

C33Mom

It would obviously just be “Woody’s Roundup”.
You are joking but I could imagine them bringing the medley from that attraction in Shanghai and it wouldn’t be pretty.
I’m unclear on that it this time and I also don’t think the intention was to put random songs on the but more it was suggested to put a new speaker system on the ride/ride cars to play generalized old west style music and enhance the existing sound effects of the ride.

What has happened since that initial idea was brought up I do not know.
It sounds fun to me— am I crazy or is/was there old west type music played at the end of the ride where you pass by the old western down?
The only SONG I would accept on this? The old school original song: The Ballad of Thunder Mountain. That would actually be really great. That being said, music isn’t necessary whatsoever on this attraction.
The ONLY song? What about a song (or medley of the songs) from vintage CBJ (probably as instrumental)?

Haymarket2008

You are joking but I could imagine them bringing the medley from that attraction in Shanghai and it wouldn’t be pretty.

It sounds fun to me— am I crazy or is/was there old west type music played at the end of the ride where you pass by the old western down?

The ONLY song? What about a song (or medley of the songs) from vintage CBJ (probably as instrumental)?

Uhhhhh yeah, Big Thunder doesn’t need music at all, in my opinion.

C33Mom

Uhhhhh yeah, Big Thunder doesn’t need music at all, in my opinion.
I don’t think it needs it either. I like all the Disney parks coasters that do have music, so I think it’d probably be an enhancement (despite the fact that I prefer the prior SM soundtrack, the current one at DL is also good and adds to the ride)—but considering opportunity costs, I would prefer the $$ to go towards new attractions or improving other rides that need help more urgently.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Coasters that have onboard audio are often indoors where you can hear and control the noise better.
Rip Rocket?
California Screamin?
Hagrids?
Hulk?

I think the concern is over done... all of those are outdoor with no major concern about controlling external noise. The biggest factor is the coaster itself... and they put the speakers so close to you to drive that solution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom