Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

co10064

Premium Member
Surely they won’t go forward with this until Tiana’s downtime issues get resolved. Then again, this is the company who took DHS down to 3 rides…

bmr1591

I wouldn't be surprised if they're delaying bringing it down until they start working on Cars and use that as an opportunity to shut down the entire area.

Stupido

What about Space mountain?

Space Mountain operates inside, so its track has held up better as opposed to a track completely exposed to the elements. Both tracks are said to be at the ends of their lifespan, but the outdoor setting has put a priority on Big Thunder. I'd expect Space to follow shortly. With Tron switching to Standby, it's easier to get work started on Space as well.

Surely they won’t go forward with this until Tiana’s downtime issues get resolved. Then again, this is the company who took DHS down to 3 rides…

Tiana's has been operating with significantly less downtime for the past week. Also, with no plans to move on from VQ announced, Tiana's wouldn't really effect this. The real hold up seems to be Jungle Cruise down for maintenance/Jingle Overlay. I'd expect this to go down shortly after October 18th, unless they want to boast something extra for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Last edited:

Gusey

The real hold up seems to be Jungle Cruise down for maintenance/Jingle Overlay. I'd expect this to go down shortly after October 18th, unless they want to boast something extra for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.
Plus, the tier 1 Lightning Lane group can't really go down by 2 attractions, so Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder, Space and Tiana will probably go down for refurb one at a time

JD80

BTM takes up about 3.1 acres of land, so I assume the other .8 acres is some of the back of house area beyond the train tracks.

This area is about .8 acres. Combine this and the attraction space, is your 4.9 acres.

Edit: Forgot to mention there are permitted (or permit requests in) for the laydown yards across the canal too for any kind of staging.

1726516352053.png

WoundedDreamer

I'm very excited about this project! The reception to the last few months of announcements has been mixed at best. But this project feels like something everyone can agree is needed. I view this as a complete win. Last year, I went on Big Thunder Mountain RR and screwed up back. It hurt to raise my arms. At the beginning it was quite painful. The pain didn't fully subside for at least a month. I'm in my mid 20s, so I can only imagine what damage would have been done to someone in their 60s or 70s. It's one of my favorite attractions, so I'm excited to see this new iteration of a classic!

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Where is this re-track project at? Is this still happening?
Yes. Still happening.
LMAO yeah they 100% will
My question is why a full retrack is the current track unsafe
It's not, but it's no longer operable
What about Space mountain?
While uncomfortable, it is still functional.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're delaying bringing it down until they start working on Cars and use that as an opportunity to shut down the entire area.
Exactly. With construction that close anyways, they'd need to close it for the filling in of RoA. So while I didn't know that at the time I initially broke this, it seems that yes that is what they're waiting for

ToTBellHop

Yes. Still happening.

LMAO yeah they 100% will

It's not, but it's no longer operable

Exactly. With construction that close anyways, they'd need to close it for the filling in of RoA. So while I didn't know that at the time I initially broke this, it seems that yes that is what they're waiting for
BTMRR is “no longer operable”?

That’s simply untrue.

Last I’d heard, they’ll continue allowing us to risk our lives in the haunted mine through the New Year. Could move up
if they don't think they'll need it for the peak holiday weeks.

Sneaky

Only the country bears open in Frontierland. Just like 1971.
also imo, the roughness adds to the ride, being shaken adds to the feeling of a full force wild ride through outer space!

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
BTMRR is “no longer operable”?

That’s simply untrue.

Last I’d heard, they’ll continue allowing us to risk our lives in the haunted mine through the New Year. Could move up
if they don't think they'll need it for the peak holiday weeks.
I meant what the others said - reached the end of it's operating life to where it will need to be replaced soon. Just a more concise way to say it. My apologies for the confusion

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I meant what the others said - reached the end of it's operating life to where it will need to be replaced soon. Just a more concise way to say it. My apologies for the confusion
It was re-tracked in the early 2010's I believe. Seems like an awful short lifespan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom