Rumor Big Thunder Mountain to receive full retrack

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Alright everyone! I saw your questions regarding timeline, and apparently not even my sources know how long it'll take. So my CM source just guessed. But they did reassure me that the rest of it is real, and that it is happening sooner than you'd think. Space Mountain  might be in the cards for down the road as well.

Bocabear

I just hope that when re-tracking occurs for Space Mountain, they do not change the fantastic layout, just smooth out the rougher areas and possibly add a little better banking... The original layout with it's swoops and curves and surprise drops is fantastic... The Disneyland version which is all inclines and banks in the same direction is less fun to me....The original intertwining track is epic... They need to bring back the glowing panels on the cars so they can be seen racing through the darkness... New projectors, more and better times effects (I am looking at you re-entry tunnel whose sound effect goes off after you have already entered....

flyerjab

Really? It doesn't seem like it, but that's just my feeling when riding both. I can ride BTM with no issues, but Space is so rough nowadays and feels like it will need a full re-track soon. Was hoping that would happen as soon as Tron opened.
We went on SM this past Monday. That ride actually hurts at times. I think a kidney stone actually shot out of my nose.

Jrb1979

I just hope that when re-tracking occurs for Space Mountain, they do not change the fantastic layout, just smooth out the rougher areas and possibly add a little better banking... The original layout with it's swoops and curves and surprise drops is fantastic... The Disneyland version which is all inclines and banks in the same direction is less fun to me....The original intertwining track is epic... They need to bring back the glowing panels on the cars so they can be seen racing through the darkness... New projectors, more and better times effects (I am looking at you re-entry tunnel whose sound effect goes off after you have already entered....
Need to get Intamin to go in a revamp the whole thing. Add some inversions and better air time.

Tha Realest

The conspiracy theorist in me believes they’re doing a retracting of BTMRR because they want to extend its useful life, and that they are not doing the same to SSE because they have no desire to extend its useful life.

yensidtlaw1969

As much as I enjoy the ride, I’ve always found the lack of a drop after the final lift (which I think applies also to Disneyland) a bit weird and anticlimactic.
Disneyland Paris really gets it right in this regard.

I'm not against Big Thunder getting retracked, especially if it needs it, but it does seem like Space would almost certainly be in more dire need. How it's hung on so long I don't really know.

flyerjab

I wonder if it’ll get a reroute so they can make a path for beyond Big Thunder…
This is what I am wondering. I don’t believe that the theming of BTM will change. However, hearing what might potentially be happening with BBTM and a potential Coco area/E ticket, I was wondering if the theming is tweaked at all, to allow it to blend in more organically to a Mexican or Central American themed land.

I would assume that some dollars would be spent refreshing the theming that they already have, as well as (hopefully) adding effects on the third lift hill. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Will it be done in tandem with Tropical Americas in DAK? Or will this be timed more inline with BBTM, so that it debuts closer to or in time with the opening of BBTM? Interesting times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom