Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closing for major refurbishment August to November 2016

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
They had better not cancel this. The ride needs a healthy refurb for maintenance reasons alone, and we were supposed to get the 3rd lift explosion effects from Disneyland (along with the other enhancements from DL, which even Paris is also getting). Not another budget cut...

Couldn't agree more. I really hope they don't push off this refurb. I saw the explosion effects at DL almost two years ago while WDW continues to wait...

Last edited:

dreamscometrue

The dates changed as well internally, so as everyone is saying it looks like the refurb was pushed back. Appears to be the same length of time, but spanning the slower season instead of the busy summer. Not sure if crowds or the budget cuts are responsible.
Thanks for the info

Castle Cake Apologist

They had better not cancel this. The ride needs a healthy refurb for maintenance reasons alone, and we were supposed to get the 3rd lift explosion effects from Disneyland (along with the other enhancements from DL, which even Paris is also getting). Not another budget cut...

It's still scheduled for a three and a half month refurb, just later in the year now. Honestly makes more sense to do it during the slower season. I doubt budget cuts have anything to do with it since it's still happening.

Lirael

But soarin, the new frozen ride, all the AK stuff, Toy Story midway mania third track, new castle show and the new star wars fireworks will all be open ... Really makes more sense that way
Yeah, I'm happy about all the new things, but that ride is a 'must do' for me and my family since my childhood so its sad that I wont be able to ride it. I guess this is what happens when one goes to disney at an off season.

KLinder7

Is it 100% confirmed the dates are pushed back? I was mentally ready not to ride for my trip in April, as I wanted Disney to show some love to this attraction.

I really think that the ride needs some love !! I just think its a better decision to wait for the other stuff to open before closing it... Going in may i have tonsay I will be really happy if this rumor is confirmed ..since the ride is no more listed as closed on disney website can we call this a rumor ???

YodaMan

What further proof do we need for people to stop asking if the new refurb dates are official or not? Disney pushed them back. Those are the new *planned* dates (but like with the original dates, they are obviously subject to change at any point or time).

What further proof do we need for people to stop asking if the new refurb dates are official or not? Disney pushed them back. Those are the new *planned* dates (but like with the original dates, they are obviously subject to change at any point or time).
Sorry for asking -_-

allgiggles

I see people on other message boards saying they don't believe it yet because they haven't seen any type of "official" announcement from Disney -- because to some people, even though Disney changed the attractions calendar, if they didn't make an announcement through a blog or whatever, then maybe the calendar is wrong (wouldn't be the first time...and we all know Disney's website isn't exactly the "go to" for accurate information). Also, people who have the ability to make FP's for the original refurb dates still aren't seeing availability for BTMRR, so they aren't believing that the dates have changed. Personally, I've read posts from enough reliable sources on certain message boards that I believe the refurbishment dates have changed and the FP thing will work itself out in the next few days. Some people still need to see something directly from Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom