Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closing for major refurbishment August to November 2016

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Who needs flying carpets that actually fly, anyway. Let alone that HIGH-TECH spinning sun effect that's been broken for years. It's really complicated to get a circle of plywood to spin...

But it will probably save 20 bucks in electricity and the price of the refurb - gotta be cost efficient these days

MrHappy

Perhaps, but some reliable people on here confirmed a three and a half month refurb still happening; just moved later. Of course that could change, but I won't get upset at this point about JH speculation and 'what ifs'.
did they know this before or after it was already rumored to not be in April?

Check out DL's version. Don't think they will ruin the attraction unless it never gets another refurbishment again.
I have seen DL'd new refurb, and it is OK with me. I just don't want them to change the beautiful scenery, or add a big thrill. I love WDW, and living in Alabama, I get to go quite frequently. I love how Disney doesn't have many white knuckle thrills, but it isn't the least bit boring. I would hate to see this ride turn into something like Expedition Everest with a Western theme.

Rob562

I have seen DL'd new refurb, and it is OK with me. I just don't want them to change the beautiful scenery, or add a big thrill. I love WDW, and living in Alabama, I get to go quite frequently. I love how Disney doesn't have many white knuckle thrills, but it isn't the least bit boring. I would hate to see this ride turn into something like Expedition Everest with a Western theme.

They'd have to tear the entire ride down in order to do what you're concerned about... There isn't a way to increase the "thrill" of the ride within the limitations of the current structure. Scenery and effects are all that they can update.

-Rob

Tinkerbella16

But soarin, the new frozen ride, all the AK stuff, Toy Story midway mania third track, new castle show and the new star wars fireworks will all be open ... Really makes more sense that way
That was my silver lining! I was bummed at first, as we are going in September.. but it makes more sense to push it back to the slower months, and we have other attractions that aren't open now, but will be when we go.

alissafalco

Guess my wish on a lucky star worked! Got my FP+ to ride my favorite attraction on 4/24, 4/26, 4/29, and 5/3!

I'll be happier than this guy to be on the Mountain!

btmrr.jpg
See you there!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom