Big Thunder Mountain Railroad closing for major refurbishment August to November 2016

KLinder7

I see people on other message boards saying they don't believe it yet because they haven't seen any type of "official" announcement from Disney -- because to some people, even though Disney changed the attractions calendar, if they didn't make an announcement through a blog or whatever, then maybe the calendar is wrong (wouldn't be the first time...and we all know Disney's website isn't exactly the "go to" for accurate information). Also, people who have the ability to make FP's for the original refurb dates still aren't seeing availability for BTMRR, so they aren't believing that the dates have changed. Personally, I've read posts from enough reliable sources on certain message boards that I believe the refurbishment dates have changed and the FP thing will work itself out in the next few days. Some people still need to see something directly from Disney.
I see people on other message boards saying they don't believe it yet because they haven't seen any type of "official" announcement from Disney -- because to some people, even though Disney changed the attractions calendar, if they didn't make an announcement through a blog or whatever, then maybe the calendar is wrong (wouldn't be the first time...and we all know Disney's website isn't exactly the "go to" for accurate information). Also, people who have the ability to make FP's for the original refurb dates still aren't seeing availability for BTMRR, so they aren't believing that the dates have changed. Personally, I've read posts from enough reliable sources on certain message boards that I believe the refurbishment dates have changed and the FP thing will work itself out in the next few days. Some people still need to see something directly from Disney.
I only believe it when it's on WDWMagic's main page. :p

FigmentJedi

Who needs flying carpets that actually fly, anyway. Let alone that HIGH-TECH spinning sun effect that's been broken for years. It's really complicated to get a circle of plywood to spin...
Yeah, small turntables are such advanced technologies. Footlight Parade at the Great Movie Ride hasn't been moving for over 23 years because fixing a motor would cost as much as ten Next Gens!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yeah, small turntables are such advanced technologies. Footlight Parade at the Great Movie Ride hasn't been moving for over 23 years because fixing a motor would cost as much as ten Next Gens!

Didn't it stop working in like its first year of operation?

dreamscometrue

I know how some people react to Jim Hill, but on his most recent Magic Kingdom podcast he mentioned that Big Thunder may not get the refurb due to the budget cuts.
Perhaps, but some reliable people on here confirmed a three and a half month refurb still happening; just moved later. Of course that could change, but I won't get upset at this point about JH speculation and 'what ifs'.

twilight mitsuk

failure to pay.jpg

just nail'em to the the floor as upkeep

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom