Big Reveal, New Logo

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
What a great way to show that you have absolutely no respect for the parks and consider them just extensions of your marketing machine.

Can’t wait for Iger to be gone so they can maybe move away from this mentality.

Don't forget Chappie. This is firmly in his wheelhouse (cheap, generic, and IP-centered). His stench can't leave P&R soon enough. I just hope he doesn't move up the ladder and only moves out the door.

aliceismad

What a great way to show that you have absolutely no respect for the parks and consider them just extensions of your marketing machine.

Can’t wait for Iger to be gone so they can maybe move away from this mentality.
I don't disagree, but if their main goal is to communicate with an audience less familiar with the parks... "So where the heck is Star Wars Land?" "Oh hey, it's right there on this Hollywood sign. Must be there."

AdventureMP4z

I win Mommy!!! Mommy me won!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I was tricked into replying in a different thread...

Compare it to the old logo...

View attachment 368646

Mickey Mouse "making a movie" with the clapboard is replaced by the newer version of Mickey that will be in MMRR.

"Hollywood" is emphasized while "Studios" is deemphasized.

The major "studios" of DHS are represented: LucasFilm, Pixar, and DAS.

All part of the plan to move from "making movies" to "being in the movies", although, the place where movies are made, i.e., Hollywood, is still there as the placesetting of all the public areas that one goes through to get to an attraction or Land.

Seems a natural progression in line with removing the movie-making elements from the Muppet fountain.

Though, if it were up to me, that whole proscenium would be removed in place of another movie theater facade to re-orient the projection show to align with the fireworks.

No Name

Put this in the other thread but will repost here:

The new logo in no way embodies the spirit of the park because it embodies nothing. It's incredibly generic. In its smaller form it will be even more generic without the characters, and in it's larger form it is emotionless and limiting. At least the name is staying. But I could come up with something better in a minute on Microsoft Word.

Here you go:

Realized there's an O I left unfilled:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom