Big Reveal, New Logo

VJ

I'd go there ^
Great job!

That's the thing — the new logo is void of any creativity whatsoever. If you put in those small but meaningful touches, like the H and the W, you get the feeling of old Hollywood while still keeping the relatively simple design. And then if Disney wanted to add the characters to the O's, they could go right ahead. It really isn't rocket science.

Mac Tonight

That's the thing — the new logo is void of any creativity whatsoever. If you put in those small but meaningful touches, like the H and the W, you get the feeling of old Hollywood while still keeping the relatively simple design. And then if Disney wanted to add the characters to the O's, they could go right ahead. It really isn't rocket science.
I think, they think they're appealing to a younger demographic. But really just no with that attempt.

KBLovedDisney

Thought I'd give it a shot.

View attachment 368725

Disclaimer: I'm not a professional graphic designer by any means.
giphy.gif

jrhwdw

It really is a brilliant idea. No other theme park up the street has ever had the idea to let people ride the movies or try to tie everything into a studios branding.
That theme park up the street doesn't have a galaxy far far away coming. or do we now don't want that because it's in the new logo??????

Po'Rich

It looks to me like the logo design purposefully de-emphasizes "studios." Perhaps they are looking ahead and planning on dropping "studios" from the name of the park.

memethyst

it looks like the logo for some designer clothing company... not for a disney park. way too plain and boring.
and the characters make it look even worse. i like mickey on the old logo, but when you put in 3 characters it looks overcrowded. and yeah the fact that it's not centered on the archway makes it look even more tacky.
i much prefer the art deco font over this generic one.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I thought they were going to play off that stylized "Grauman's Theatre" motif for the logo. They're already using it on the in-park banners. Actually, that paired with the new logo fonts might have worked. (centered of course) This new logo is certainly cleaner and more "modern" but it looks very bland. And the IP integration just feels like an add-on; something a first year graphic design student would whip up to give their crappy logo some needed pizzazz.

Disney, be honest. Did you pay someone from Fiverr to design this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom