Big Reveal, New Logo

Spash007

I mean...they had one mess up. Almost every new addition is exciting...to say the least.

I agree additions are exciting, but for me this highlights the identity crisis that is DHS. DHS will always have IPs - it makes sense there to showcase the film/entertainment industry. However, rather than just throwing them together, Disney at least still used the old Hollywood style to provide some continuity to the park and bring it all together. It was the one thing that gave the park its own identity rather than just being a mash up of IPs. Now it seems they are leaning away from that too, and DHS will be just a “whatever IP that we can’t shoehorn elsewhere”

trainplane3

hi guise. i maded my first logo todai. i hop u liek it. i werked weely hard on it.

please donut to mi patreon 4 mor kontent.

edut: i forgut water mahk. pls use this 1

KBLovedDisney

Posted this in another thread, but decided to move it here since this thread is dedicated solely to the new HS logo.

I thought of a new one...

Eh...my brain thinks too 90s with design:facepalm:

(And yes, I did this...while at work...shhhh don't tell my boss)

Fable McCloud

BB8 was barely in the last Star Wars...why not use R2-D2 and C3PO? I mean BB8 is adorable, but I dunno...

Also, why not just change the name? Call it "Disney's Movie Park". "Disney's Movie Land"? Don't even keep the studios part, since there isn't anything movie making related anymore.

Or "Disney's Franchise Park". "Disney's IP Park". or "what can we milk until it's dried up...the park!"

lazyboy97o

It's the perfect symbol of modern Disney's corporate blandness and limited IP strategy.
It really is a great, and sad, reflection of how Disney views theme parks. The park doesn’t have a design, aesthetic or idea of its own that should be communicated through its graphic identity. It has an assortment of characters which can be dropped in or changed without consequence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom