Big Reveal, New Logo

disneyworlddad

Posted this in another thread, but decided to move it here since this thread is dedicated solely to the new HS logo.

I thought of a new one...

Eh...my brain thinks too 90s with design:facepalm:

(And yes, I did this...while at work...shhhh don't tell my boss)
View attachment 368587
While yes this looks better I can give you one big reason they wouldn't do something like this over the other one. Printing/Merchandising! You know how much more it would cost to print this than the other one. So much white space in the other logo. Hardly any in this one.

KBLovedDisney

While yes this looks better I can give you one big reason they wouldn't do something like this over the other one. Printing/Merchandising! You know how much more it would cost to print this than the other one. So much white space in the other logo. Hardly any in this one.
Maybe Disney should sell more Flamethrowers because the kids love that one.:cautious:

Eh, my take on the logo was a very tongue in cheek response. I did all of that in Microsoft Word and Paint, and the person who did the actual new logo most likely did that in Photoshop...a very simplistic 101 design it seems. Just slightly disturbingly underwhelming.

FigmentFan82

Original Poster
theres no muppets and that concerns me (I know they ran out of O's) but still if a muppet was there then its a better SIGN of them staying. I mean muppets would be perfect for this....
Image result for muppet sign intro
At the beginning of the live stream the screens behind the stage were displaying the 30th Anniversary logo and they had up there for an extended period of time the one that has Rizzo in it. So there still seems to be good branding for muppets, but it's clear this logo highlights the very new stuff in the park, SW:GE, MMRR, and TSL

britain

Man...

I don't care for the characters, but they seem like a temporary decoration anyway. Easily swapped out with other characters when new attractions will be promoted.

It's a very slight improvement over the obnoxiously right-justified previous logo. At least this new logo is KIND OF balanced.

BUT

Disney - you've got to understand that a marquee or a sign is not where you put the same logo you'd use on a letterhead or business card! A large sign over an archway needs to feel like it was designed by the architect of the archway, not added on afterward. This isn't a stripmall.

You can tell the logo was designed independent of the archway because it's scaled up to get "Hollywood" as large as it can get but it's starting to pinch "Disney's" at the top and "Studios" at the bottom.

sigh... It's... ugh... if you want to do something right...

Here's my fix:

You can still have your wacky characters dancing on the letters. Heck you can even make "Disney's" bigger this way. Just don't let some idiot in marketing say "Oh no no, the right-justified "Disney's" and the left-justified "studios" looks so nice on the brochures – we must have it the same way on the arch."

And yes, I do this for a living.

KBLovedDisney

Man...

I don't care for the characters, but they seem like a temporary decoration anyway. Easily swapped out with other characters when new attractions will be promoted.

It's a very slight improvement over the obnoxiously right-justified previous logo. At least this new logo is KIND OF balanced.

BUT

Disney - you've got to understand that a marquee or a sign is not where you put the same logo you'd use on a letterhead or business card! A large sign over an archway needs to feel like it was designed by the architect of the archway, not added on afterward. This isn't a stripmall.

You can tell the logo was designed independent of the archway because it's scaled up to get "Hollywood" as large as it can get but it's starting to pinch "Disney's" at the top and "Studios" at the bottom.

Here's my fix:
View attachment 368609

You can still have your wacky characters dancing on the letters. Heck you can even make "Disney's" bigger this way. Just don't let some idiot in marketing say "Oh no no, the right-justified "Disney's" and the left-justified "studios" looks so nice on the brochures – we must have it the same way on the arch."

Wow 😯 That really made a difference.

Minthorne

Man...

BUT

Here's my fix:
View attachment 368609

This is Genius. There is always something to be said for symmetry and balance.

mariedarling

Man...

BUT

Here's my fix:
View attachment 368609

I also do this for a living and was thinking the same thing to center align! highfive! Left and right justified underneath and above throw it off because your eye goes to one or the other. The center alignment works way better for flow.

The character that is throwing me off the most is BB8 because its too on the nose "What robot looks most like a "O"?....mmmhmmm. He is almost camouflaged.

I think Mickey & Woody work better since they break the mold in a more interesting way but overall not a fan of the logo itself.

tl77

I preferred the old font but this is similar to the main entrance, hope they loose the characters from it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom