Big news soon?

Brian Noble

You know, I wouldn't consider Contemporary that big. Less of a big deal than Hawaii, for example. After all, only the true Disneyphiles "get" that Contempo would be on the monorail (or what that means).

Unless they are putting something HUGE (like a rollycoaster ;)) into the Imagination Pavillion, i don't see it as a Big Announcement.

What I do imagine it might be is the Space re-do. That was a Big Announcement in Anaheim, and since opening it has paid dividends.

prberk

Of course I would like to see a complete rehab of COP, with all new scenes. (I know, not likely, but I can hope!) Walt's vision for that ride still works, just needs some updating and maybe a post-show walk-through exit.

Paul

JollyRoger

If all the big wigs were at the Mansion, and it was closed, then they probably werent there just to ride it...they could have ridden it without closing it. Since they closed it, my guess is that they were there to review the refurb and talk to the imagineers that refurbed it. Maybe a slow walk-through.

If thats true, then it's possible that a few more major refurbs are on the drawing board, and they are making sure that quality work is done for the money before approving more refurbs.

This is all 100% Pure Speculation, I have no inside info at all...but that all makes sense....maybe we'll hear about some refurbs soon. I would sure like to know what other sites they visited.

the-reason14

I cant wait. I kinda hope its something that not very many have tapped into, like a lost or forgotten rumor revived from a long time ago. Something E:E big or like a new thrilling roller coaster or something would be nice, but I doubt it. Something hyped up like E:E would be nice too. If it is SM refurb, hopefully they'll discuss the smoothening of the track and newer effects but the keeping of the current layout.

Rob562

You're right, it's not, but it should be on the refurb calendar.

Speaking of the refurb calendar.... I know that it was mentioned before that Narnia would be closing at some point both for possible Pixar Place work, as well as a changeover to Prince Caspian...
Just noticed that the refurb calendar has it listed as closed from January 2 - May 23, reopening on the 24th.

Now, does anyone think that it *really* takes 4 1/2 months to take out one display and put in the next? (Especially looking at how bare-bones the current version is) Plus, when the current Narnia exhibit opened, it opened on the same day as the movie. This re-opens over a week after the movie's premiere.

Is anyone thinking maybe Pixar Place might reopen on May 24th? Perhaps with sneak previews of TSM?

Of course, if it IS just a closure for a changeover from one Narnia to the next, hopefully the new version will actually be worth the time spent...

-Rob

Figment82

From what I've been told, Wonders isn't going anywhere in the near future unless some big corporation forks over the money to refurb/rebuild it. It's job as a Festival Center will continue in the meantime. It just won't reopen in its original form again, but the quick service restaurant may return.

TP2000

If all the big wigs were at the Mansion, and it was closed, then they probably werent there just to ride it...they could have ridden it without closing it. Since they closed it, my guess is that they were there to review the refurb and talk to the imagineers that refurbed it. Maybe a slow walk-through.

At Disneyland they host elaborate dinner parties inside the Haunted Mansion. They've done this repeatedly since the Holiday version opened in 2001.

My bet is they copied Disneyland and put on the fancy dinner party for the execs. I'm sure a ride on the attraction was part of it, if only to show Bob that they are improving maintenance and quality standards at Magic Kingdom. But I doubt he would be that concerned about the nitty-gritty of the operation. He's looking at stuff from a much higher altitude and sees a much bigger picture.

Shaman

Maybe they made the deal and got the theme park right for LotR. :lookaroun:lol:

It would be nice if it were a Space Mountain announcement.

WDWFigment

For what it's worth, Lassetter and Iger were seen in GF the night before last and 'things' were done at Space Mountain prior to that... I'll report more on this when I get back from WDW.

darthjohnny

At Disneyland they host elaborate dinner parties inside the Haunted Mansion. They've done this repeatedly since the Holiday version opened in 2001.

My bet is they copied Disneyland and put on the fancy dinner party for the execs. I'm sure a ride on the attraction was part of it, if only to show Bob that they are improving maintenance and quality standards at Magic Kingdom. But I doubt he would be that concerned about the nitty-gritty of the operation. He's looking at stuff from a much higher altitude and sees a much bigger picture.

Where exactly do they do the dinner?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A bit more;

apparently there are rumours now all under the Kingdom about a forthcoming announcement.

And I`m about to go away with work for a week. Great timing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom