Big Hollywood Studios Rumor

lebeau

When I saw that this thread had been necro'd, I dared to dream that someone had something substantial to add to the subject.

Silly me.

RSoxNo1

I have no problem with clones if it means more attractions in the parks. While I don't know this for sure, I assume the money saved on cloning Little Mermaid on both coasts allowed for more substance to the Fantasyland Expansion.

ctxak98

ok so im probably one of very few but i actually hope its not carsland!? maybe in another park but i feel the disney studios should be more about classic movies and real live movies and the awesome look of olf hollywood and less on disney movies which every other park has to do a little bit about. i feel that this park is more turning into a pixar studios and changing which is sad. idk maybe its just me....

WaltDis4Life

I can only see them adding the flat rides that are a part of the Carsland expansion at DCA, because adding another land, which fits the exact theming of the land RIGHT next to it, makes no sense. Though the addition of Radiator Springs Racers would be nice, I just don't see it being practical, especially when there's a ride with the very same ride system, though outdated, within WDW already.

AEfx

I can only see them adding the flat rides that are a part of the Carsland expansion at DCA, because adding another land, which fits the exact theming of the land RIGHT next to it, makes no sense. Though the addition of Radiator Springs Racers would be nice, I just don't see it being practical, especially when there's a ride with the very same ride system, though outdated, within WDW already.

I don't think there is any danger of it coming to WDW, but not for that reason.

Haunted Mansion has the same ride system as SSE, Nemo, the upcoming Mermaid.

POTC and Small World have the same ride system.

All totally different rides. It's the same excuse people make for Indy not coming to FL - just because it has the same vehicles (and in fact the same track layout) as Dinosaur, that doesn't mean it couldn't be a totally different experience (not that if they did build it in FL it would have the same track design either - it just wouldn't be practical).

I rode Indy a few dozen times in California, and I've been on Dinosaur 100's of times. I knew beforehand that they had "identical" track layouts, but I didn't notice once. I honestly couldn't tell. It's sort of like two paperback books, same size, same dimensions, same page count...but if one is a romance novel and one is a horror novel, they can be completely different experiences.

AEfx

ok so im probably one of very few but i actually hope its not carsland!? maybe in another park but i feel the disney studios should be more about classic movies and real live movies and the awesome look of olf hollywood and less on disney movies which every other park has to do a little bit about. i feel that this park is more turning into a pixar studios and changing which is sad. idk maybe its just me....

It's not you - many of us really mourn the loss of "classic Hollywood" that seems to be slowly leaching out from the Studios.

Although I don't have anything specific against them (especially since their movies on the whole are better than what Disney puts out these days), the constant presence of Pixar is a bit grating. I can't believe they are building a new ride of Mermaid - it seems like almost every new attraction is based around Pixar these days, and personally I'm just tired of the repetition more than anything else - did we really need two Toy Story shoot-'em-up rides in FL?

TP2000

Haunted Mansion has the same ride system as SSE, Nemo, the upcoming Mermaid.

You forgot Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. That's an Omnimover too, and an old one at that.

Heck, in 2013 there will be three Omnimover rides just in the Magic Kingdom alone; Mansion, Mermaid, and Buzz Lightyear.

The argument that Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers shouldn't come to DHS because Epcot already has Test Track makes about as much sense as saying they should never have built Expedition Everest at DAK because the Magic Kingdom arleady had Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

AEfx

You forgot Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. That's an Omnimover too, and an old one at that.

Heck, in 2013 there will be three Omnimover rides just in the Magic Kingdom alone; Mansion, Mermaid, and Buzz Lightyear.

The argument that Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers shouldn't come to DHS because Epcot already has Test Track makes about as much sense as saying they should never have built Expedition Everest at DAK because the Magic Kingdom arleady had Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Yeah, I was just jotting down ones off the top of my head - I feel like I'm missing another but I can't come up with it for the life of me.

And, if we really wanted to make a complete list, in addition to PotC and IASW, add in Mexico and Norway...I wouldn't add Jungle Cruise because that's actually on a track though.

Like I said, it's the same false argument people use about an Indy ride. To be honest, I'd *much* rather have an Indy ride than Cars, but I bet the average guest wouldn't agree with me.

I just don't see them building that Cars attraction with anything near the scope and scale of the DCA version - it really will be the flagship attraction there when it opens, and anything less will just be one of those "Disneyland does it better" things.

juniorthomas

Well played

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom