Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

CoasterKing

I agree also. I have been to Disney about 20 times and NEVER used my FastPass past the window on the ticket. I figured it would be rude to the people in the line.

If the window was not gonna work out I would give another guest my tix b4 it expired.

Yes, we have been lucky many times as some guests have walked up to us and said that they would not be able to use their fastpass at the time stated and gave them to us to use instead, rather then to just throw them away. The FP tickets that we were unable to use was given to other guests as well.

thelookingglass

Two things - asked some DLR attractions cast members about their GAC policy, and it is not the same as ours. I didn't get the specifics, but "alternate entrances" through the Fastpass queue are not unlimited like at WDW.

Second - checked out the parks today. Very busy. Every single Fastpass queue was completely full, all the way. I've never seen it like that on EVERY FP attraction, even on the busiest days. Clearly something has changed in addition to enforcing the window. Are they giving out more?

Duckberg

While I'm glad they're going to be enforcing both ends of the window (seriously, look at the sign before you put your ticket in the machine), I'm skeptical of this new nextgen fast pass system. Part of what I love about WDW is the fact that fastpass is available to everyone and isn't a paid system like at universal or six flags. If Disney starts charging for fast passes, I will be one very unhappy customer.

YUP! :mad:

AswaySuller

To be honest I didn't even know there was a window for allowance and I've always waited for my fast passes actual time and if I've missed it I've missed it.....

I didn't know that renting a wheelchair was still something that got you to queue jump.... I thought that problem only happened in the 90's!! It was certainly rife then... I knew lots of people that would rent a wheel chair to jump lines!

the-reason14

From my experience this week, I don't know if it's because it's spring break or what, but the fastpass line has been just as long as the regular line. Fastpass for splash was backed up almost to the bridge where you can see the drop yesterday. Peter pan was backed up. ToT got backed up several times while me and a friend stood in the regular line. So I don't know what the hell they are thinking, if they are trying to make the fastpass and regular line more efficient, but I hope enough people start complaining so they can rethink this mess. I was allowed to use an 'expired' fastpass for space mt. earlier this week, and one CM voided our toy story fastpasses because they were 4 or 5 hours late. We still got in through the fastpass later though as we got lucky. And some space mt. CM almost didn't allow me in because I was 16 minutes late. So ya, they need to rethink this. And I hope they get a lot of complaints to where they do rethink this.

flynnibus

Premium Member
From my experience this week, I don't know if it's because it's spring break or what, but the fastpass line has been just as long as the regular line. Fastpass for splash was backed up almost to the bridge where you can see the drop yesterday. Peter pan was backed up. ToT got backed up several times while me and a friend stood in the regular line. So I don't know what the hell they are thinking, if they are trying to make the fastpass and regular line more efficient, but I hope enough people start complaining so they can rethink this mess.

The length of the FP line can be simply because they are giving out more FPs... that's independent of their return policy. (but the new policy actually makes it safer to give out more FPs)

When the park is at max load.. like it is during this period... one would expect long lines.. even for FP.

the-reason14

The length of the FP line can be simply because they are giving out more FPs... that's independent of their return policy. (but the new policy actually makes it safer to give out more FPs)

When the park is at max load.. like it is during this period... one would expect long lines.. even for FP.

And that's a problem. You can still easily get over if you really want to, but I just hope they rethink this.

Disneycoog

Re

Been here for 10 days!!!! The biggest problem is the inconsistency of CMs in who work the fast pass line. I absolutely hate it. Several times we fast passed SM and took the time to come back to find out it was shut down. Yes they did honor the passes, but all the time it took to come back to find out if we could ride it was wasted. I saw more problems with this method than the other. There was nothing wrong with the old way of honoring fast passes. My guess is they want to make so frustrating to the customer that they will not think twice about spending the money for an xpass. :mad:

the-reason14

Been here for 10 days!!!! The biggest problem is the inconsistency of CMs in who work the fast pass line. I absolutely hate it. Several times we fast passed SM and took the time to come back to find out it was shut down. Yes they did honor the passes, but all the time it took to come back to find out if we could ride it was wasted. I saw more problems with this method than the other. There was nothing wrong with the old way of honoring fast passes. My guess is they want to make so frustrating to the customer that they will not think twice about spending the money for an xpass. :mad:

I think so too, sadly it doesn't seem like they're gonna budge. But I do hope they get flooded with complaints.

emcclay

Looks like I'll be planning for very early mornings! Going to be fun getting to DHS for RD after staying at the MK till 3am :sohappy:

thelookingglass

Rumors going around that they are now handing out significantly more Fastpasses per window. Can anyone confirm/deny?

If that's true, then with enforcing the window, its like they took one step forward, one step back. Its like, here we thought they were trying to improve the standby wait times. Nope, it seems their goal is that you need a Fastpass to wait what you would have waited if the attraction didn't have Fastpass.

BrittanyRose428

Not that I really want to bring up the wheelchair debate again, but I'm just curious-- what rides get you to the front of the line in a wheelchair/scooter? I'm just wondering because people always say this, but when I go to WDW with my grandpa, who uses a scooter, he waits in the regular line with me and switches out when he gets to the ride vehicle, just like everyone else. At times we went through a different entrance, but I wouldn't say it was substantially shorter or anywhere close to cutting the line, and in some cases I think this method actually took longer than waiting in line...

the-reason14

Rumors going around that they are now handing out significantly more Fastpasses per window. Can anyone confirm/deny?

If that's true, then with enforcing the window, its like they took one step forward, one step back.

I believe it. Fastpass lines were long at splash, peter, and ToT at times. Space mt. got lengthy at times but nowhere near as bad as splash. Utterly ridiculous.

GymLeaderPhil

If that's true, then with enforcing the window, its like they took one step forward, one step back.
They have always fluctuated based on operational conditions. From time to time the bean-counters will do a deep dive and might change the allotment per window.

Main goal of the new return policy was to reduce over-utilization post-parades/shows. Older attractions do not have the FastPass queue capacity to deal with the rush. When the next gen options become available there will be even smaller auxiliary entrances for non-FP attractions. This is why they had to bite the bullet and implement this.

thelookingglass

Ok, I understand that they have always adjusted the number of fastpasses per window based on that attraction's current capacity and whatnot, but still. I couldn't believe it. Every ride, fastpass line all the way to the entrance. I've never seen it like that. Not even on phase closing days. Something is different. They are handing out more per window. Perhaps testing to see what the lines might be like when Xpass is factored in?

stlbobby

Ok, I understand that they have always adjusted the number of fastpasses per window based on that attraction's current capacity and whatnot, but still. I couldn't believe it. Every ride, fastpass line all the way to the entrance. I've never seen it like that. Not even on phase closing days. Something is different. They are handing out more per window. Perhaps testing to see what the lines might be like when Xpass is factored in?

It's probable that they are trying out different distribution models. It may be different at different attractions just to see what is working and what isn't and to see how enforcing the rules affects things. I'm sure after a few months they will iron it all out and figure out the optimum distribution levels.

They will never allow the fastpass lines to get too long because the entire point of the fastpass is to keep people in the shops and restaurants rather than in line. If they let the fastpass lines grow it defeats that purpose.

Also I am not a fan of enforcing the time window, there are too many variables in a visit, but if this is just a first step in a system that will allow me to pick a time to return then I can get on board. I'm reserving judgement until I see what all is going to happen.

Disneycoog

It's probable that they are trying out different distribution models. It may be different at different attractions just to see what is working and what isn't and to see how enforcing the rules affects things. I'm sure after a few months they will iron it all out and figure out the optimum distribution levels.

They will never allow the fastpass lines to get too long because the entire point of the fastpass is to keep people in the shops and restaurants rather than in line. If they let the fastpass lines grow it defeats that purpose.

Also I am not a fan of enforcing the time window, there are too many variables in a visit, but if this is just a first step in a system that will allow me to pick a time to return then I can get on board. I'm reserving judgement until I see what all is going to happen.

That was the problem that I found out this week. We couldn't look around like we did in the past because of making back in time for your fast pass. I know what some are going to say. I still see no issues in what was done in the past and still think they are doing this all to make you want to pay another fee for faster service on to the rides. It's all about making money and Disney has made a lot from me. Still love the place, but not my trip this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom