Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

flynnibus

Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but at DLR, I believe you now need some sort of documentation to get a guest assistance card, and even then its rare and not every broken toe is treated as essentially an unlimited Fastpass.

No, Disney in Cali can't require medical details for the same reasons Disney in FL can't.

But GAC aren't 'unlimited fastpasses'. A GAC will note what you are incapable of doing.. be that stairs, long standing, etc. And each attraction may accommodate your needs differently. They aren't simple 'front of the line' passes.

thelookingglass

any card stamped with "guest may use alternate entrance" - if that attraction has Fastpass, the Fastpass line is usually where they go, without question (obviously, for legal reasons), without limits (pass becomes an unlimited fastpass in the wrong hands)

Cosmic Commando

No, Disney in Cali can't require medical details for the same reasons Disney in FL can't.

But GAC aren't 'unlimited fastpasses'. A GAC will note what you are incapable of doing.. be that stairs, long standing, etc. And each attraction may accommodate your needs differently. They aren't simple 'front of the line' passes.
That's actually what Al Lutz reported as the cause of the "pepper spray fight" in DCA. Well, that and the booze. The guy thought he had a more "accommodating" GAC than he actually had. When he was told to get in line at ToT, he flipped out.

RSoxNo1

I understand that, its just frustrating that, while it appears Disney is trying to tackle the "fastpass monster" they created, just somewhat attempting to limit people to go within their window is only the tip of the iceberg, especially if there will be new Xpass factors thrown in. The policies for handing out GACs should be totally revised.

As user KingdomofDreams discussed a few posts above, "I can't wait in long lines" should not equal "unlimited Fastpass yay!!!" but rather something more along the lines of what is still currently done at Space Mountain - "okay, the line is 45 minutes. Return at (45 minutes from that time) to enter."

The fact that this issue is brought up frequently shows that it is an ongoing and ever-growing problem, and TDO needs to grow a backbone and stop it.

I think part of the frustration is that building other high demand attractions also helps the Fastpass "problem" as well. Over in Epcot, every attraction other than Soarin' and Test Track have capacities that regularly exceed demand. Test Track used to be the only Fastpass attraction that had this problem and the return times were much further out than today. Soarin' helped offset that and now Soarin' is the highest demand Fastpass attraction for that park. Adding a 3rd theater to Soarin' will help this, but I'd much rather that money be used towards a new attraction that has a high Fastpass demand.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I think part of the frustration is that building other high demand attractions also helps the Fastpass "problem" as well. Over in Epcot, every attraction other than Soarin' and Test Track have capacities that regularly exceed demand. Test Track used to be the only Fastpass attraction that had this problem and the return times were much further out than today. Soarin' helped offset that and now Soarin' is the highest demand Fastpass attraction for that park. Adding a 3rd theater to Soarin' will help this, but I'd much rather that money be used towards a new attraction that has a high Fastpass demand.

Completely agree...

Thurp

This is not related to the return time topic, but it is Fast Pass related. Or x-pass related.

It looks like they were doing some testing today at the MK and I took this picture. Fast Pass return location for the parade around the hub.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 187

DisneyWall-E

Because the people who got late ones could not enter early but the ones who got the early times could enter late if they wished. That is pretty unfair imho.

DonaldDoleWhip

Because the people who got late ones could not enter early but the ones who got the early times could enter late if they wished. That is pretty unfair imho.
I don't think that's a logical complaint, as WDW is all about being rewarded for early planning. Book ADR's early enough, you get more dining flexibility. Show up early enough, and you had more flexibility with your fastpass return time.

The one complaint that I think makes sense about late fastpass is that it caused standby lines to be unnecessarily backed up at times. We'll see if the new policy helps with that.

Frankly, I think it's unfair that people who show up early enough don't get the most desirable times (for example, if you make it to Space Mountain at 9am, you get a fastpass for a time when the standby wait isn't that long). As a result, I actually like the idea of xPass where you can choose ride times in advance (instead of being stuck with whatever the machine gives you).

the-reason14

The fastpass lines have been fast for the most part which is nice. It does feel a bit weird having to come back to ride within the time. I went to mgm 3 different times yesterday and did toy story 3 times. It wasn't too bad but is gonna take some getting used to. They let me in space mt with a fastpass from the morning around 8 or 9 at night, she just told me to come back within the hour next time. So I'm assuming some CMs will be more lenient then others. Plan on testing them more to see how tight this policy really is.

BigThunderMatt

any card stamped with "guest may use alternate entrance" - if that attraction has Fastpass, the Fastpass line is usually where they go, without question (obviously, for legal reasons), without limits (pass becomes an unlimited fastpass in the wrong hands)

This is not true at Town Square Theater. It is just coincidence that the alternate entrance at many FP attractions is, in fact, the FP line.

madape89

Good, doesn't effect me in the slightest. When/If I use Fastpass, I always came back in the allowed times.

Agreed! I never thought of treating the posted times at the rides as just a suggestion, I just showed back up as scheduled. I realize that things can interrupt your intended return, but the vast majority of the time it works out just fine. I'm anxious to see what Disney has in store with the new Fastpass!

Millionaire2K

Agreed! I never thought of treating the posted times at the rides as just a suggestion, I just showed back up as scheduled. I realize that things can interrupt your intended return, but the vast majority of the time it works out just fine. I'm anxious to see what Disney has in store with the new Fastpass!

I agree also. I have been to Disney about 20 times and NEVER used my FastPass past the window on the ticket. I figured it would be rude to the people in the line.

If the window was not gonna work out I would give another guest my tix b4 it expired.

tiaragirl

I agree also. I have been to Disney about 20 times and NEVER used my FastPass past the window on the ticket. I figured it would be rude to the people in the line.

If the window was not gonna work out I would give another guest my tix b4 it expired.

I'm glad we're not the only family in this situation - I'm beginning to feel like it's strange that I never considered coming in past the scheduled Fastpass time.. we've always followed what (I thought were) the rules - so enforcing times really won't affect me at all.

Though I do think it's a better/more effective system if everyone is on the same page and follows the same rules. If you have to be back at a certain time, just be back - plan your day around it like everyone else does.

dannyelbrazil

They were hollering, shouting "Brazil!" and Portuguese phrases the entire time

It's a bunch of early teenagers... Call a CM and ask him/her to talk to the teenagers... Brazilians can not follow some rules of have different customs, but they do obbey orders when telled by some "authority".

About shouting "Portuguese phrases", what expect from Brazilians since their mother tongue is... Portuguese?

:shrug:

rodserling27

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at DLR, I believe you now need some sort of documentation to get a guest assistance card, and even then its rare and not every broken toe is treated as essentially an unlimited Fastpass.

At WDW, however, basically anyone who feels like being a dishonorable piece of scum can obtain a pass.

NOTE!!!: I am not discrediting or mocking those who legitimately need a pass, and I realize that "you can't always tell", but, lets be real here, people are terrible and self-centered, and people scam.

I have a relative who rented a wheelchair to push her child around who had no need for it. They used this to their advantage to jump to the front of lines at WDW :mad: So, yes, this does happen at WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom