Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

DonaldDoleWhip

On another note, on Space Mountain I was seated with four members of a Brazilian tour group. They were hollering, shouting "Brazil!" and Portuguese phrases the entire time, and drowning out all the other sounds.

So considering the fact that Disney wants even more of them flocking to WDW, I don't think this fastpass policy is the toughest thing I have to get used to at WDW...

DrummerAlly

DonaldDoleWhip or anyone else there today... if you get a chance, you should chat with a CM about how this is going and report back.

I'm glad they added something on to the fast passes (despite the fact that they couldn't spell everything correctly). That will at least give the CM's something on paper to reference while managing angry customers.

wilkeliza

On another note, on Space Mountain I was seated with four members of a Brazilian tour group. They were hollering, shouting "Brazil!" and Portuguese phrases the entire time, and drowning out all the other sounds.

So considering the fact that Disney wants even more of them flocking to WDW, I don't think this fastpass policy is the toughest thing I have to get used to at WDW...

If you get stuck with a group that is being loud and yelling things that make the value of the ride lower then tell a CM as you unload. Sometimes the CM will let you ride again or if it is during the peak period of the Brazilian tour season they will contact one of the Portuguese translators that are stationed at the most popular rides and he will remind their leaders that the crowd must be considerate of other park goers.

It isn't just the guests that hate the yelling Brazilian tour groups many CMs I have talked with hate these groups as well because most of them don't know English and don't follow rules. I had to watch the poor guys at Test Track yell at a group and finally what I assumed was the shift leader at the time threatened to kick one part of the group out because they kept switch rows and running from the queue line into any open spot.

rubix6072

I rode EE around noon and they left a young boy on with an expired an expired fastpass on with a "next time be here on time". Then later on khali river another person inline was left on with a much stiffer warning.

DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip or anyone else there today... if you get a chance, you should chat with a CM about how this is going and report back.

I'm glad they added something on to the fast passes (despite the fact that they couldn't spell everything correctly). That will at least give the CM's something on paper to reference while managing angry customers.
I honestly don't think it's been too big of a disruption. A CM at Space Mountain said today is more of an "educational" day, so they'll still let people on but are really getting the word out. Signs were up on SM machines, as reported. Also, mobile magic is really helpful for all this, because as long as you're in the park you can use your phone to see current FP distribution times without going all the way to an attraction (if only it worked outside of the park as well, that would be really useful to me).

flynnibus

Premium Member
Um, I reported what a CM told me. It's not for the sake of arguing, and it's quite rude of you to assume that.

Not so much of you.. but others for elaborating how this is going be a challenge. For you, are you shocked a single CM didn't know every scenario? Just because a front-line CM doesn't know something doesn't mean the scenario isn't already addressed. I mean even though the kid didn't know what they were going to do, it's obvious it has plain simple solutions.. including ones that were already shared by other CMs earlier in the thread.

It should be a non-issue.. or at worst, and illustration of lack of consistent knowledge at the front-line CM position so far.

I mean.. just because a CM doesn't know the answer that doesn't mean the answer doesn't exist or that it hasn't already been considered.

Sometimes people should just show some trust instead of assuming the worst.

Glasgow

Not sure what the big deal is. Sometimes you arrive late and lose your place .. that's life. By letting people on late it potentially disrupts other guests, so who should take precedence? Im late to things all the time due to traffic or unexpected delays that are out of my control .. it happens. I understand that Disney is in the business of making people happy but this is a move towards the greater good, plus they are prepping for next gen fastpass so it all makes sense to me

DonaldDoleWhip

Not so much of you.. but others for elaborating how this is going be a challenge. For you, are you shocked a single CM didn't know every scenario? Just because a front-line CM doesn't know something doesn't mean the scenario isn't already addressed. I mean even though the kid didn't know what they were going to do, it's obvious it has plain simple solutions.. including ones that were already shared by other CMs earlier in the thread.

It should be a non-issue.. or at worst, and illustration of lack of consistent knowledge at the front-line CM position so far.

I mean.. just because a CM doesn't know the answer that doesn't mean the answer doesn't exist or that it hasn't already been considered.

Sometimes people should just show some trust instead of assuming the worst.
He sounded informed, but seemed to imply that there wasn't comprehensive info available.

Assuming you're right, though, I'm perfectly fine with this change. Only 1 of my 4 fastpasses today is going unused (by choice), which is no different from before to me. :)

the-reason14

You guys are making this way to complicated for the sake of arguing.

Simply put... the CMs will know the ride was down earlier in the day and because it they will allow late FPs for that attraction that day. When the attraction was down is not super secret and they'll just be sure the shift CMs know that.

But do we really know this? It probably makes more sense for them to honor them at other rides that have fastpass. Rides break down constantly, and if they're gonna honor it all day then it seems like it'll be just like it was before this policy change.

flynnibus

Premium Member
But do we really know this? It probably makes more sense for them to honor them at other rides that have fastpass. Rides break down constantly, and if they're gonna honor it all day then it seems like it'll be just like it was before this policy change.

It was shared as one of the allowed exceptions by CMs earlier when the policy news was coming out.

What was not clear was if they will only honor passes from the downtime, or a larger window. It's not really all that important IMO - either way Disney is going to help you when things go sour. And worst case? OMG.. get in line.

Millionaire2K

I always thought it was dumb to have a return by time if it was never enforced. Its VERY good news that this is finnaly happeing.

Maybe people should learn to follow the darn rules.

Disney should start scanning the fast passes of the last guest. This way when a guest arrives late the next time they want a fast pass it can print a warning that they "will not be accepted late" again. This is the best way to stop the nonsence of people thinking they can do whatever they want.

Disneycoog

Well then

I am not a fan of them enforcing the fast pass. My kid is ADHD and I never felt comfortable going to guest service for a medical fast pass. Maybe I will start!!!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I would assume that since your return time is printed on your FP, if a breakdown occurs at an attraction, FP's with return times during the breakdown time, will be honored at the guest's convenience.

PS Just four more days to go....Whoopie!

the-reason14

It was shared as one of the allowed exceptions by CMs earlier when the policy news was coming out.

What was not clear was if they will only honor passes from the downtime, or a larger window. It's not really all that important IMO - either way Disney is going to help you when things go sour. And worst case? OMG.. get in line.

Wow, well it seems they'll still be accepting them late then. :lol: But I see what you're saying now about if you've been holding one that expired before the ride breaks down. I'm guessing they'd still honor it. I don't think they really keep track of the time or how long a ride is broken. Whenever a ride breaks, they never tell you straight up when they think the ride will reopen probably because they can't so :shrug: We'll see how things go.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Wow, well it seems they'll still be accepting them late then. :lol: But I see what you're saying now about if you've been holding one that expired before the ride breaks down. I'm guessing they'd still honor it. I don't think they really keep track of the time or how long a ride is broken. Whenever a ride breaks, they never tell you straight up when they think the ride will reopen probably because they can't so :shrug: We'll see how things go.

I'm sure Disney knows exactly when an attraction goes down, how long it's down for, and how it affects the hourly throughput of the attraction. CM's out front will be told to accept regular FP's AND any issued between time A and time B (the attraction down time). Where it will get confusing, is when an attraction goes down multiple times during the day.

the-reason14

I'm sure Disney knows exactly when an attraction goes down, how long it's down for, and how it affects the hourly throughput of the attraction. CM's out front will be told to accept regular FP's AND any issued between time A and time B (the attraction down time). Where it will get confusing, is when an attraction goes down multiple times during the day.

True, but I doubt they'd want to single anyone out. I think that would be more unnecessary drama, but I also think there will be exceptions to this policy.

wilkeliza

I am not a fan of them enforcing the fast pass. My kid is ADHD and I never felt comfortable going to guest service for a medical fast pass. Maybe I will start!!!

It seems the rules on those passes are changing as well. When I was in the world in January my group was behind a woman who was furious because the CM was giving her a hand written fast pass that was not valid until the current time plus whatever the standby wait time was (if it was 12 and standby was 90 minutes the fp started at 1:30). The woman said she had always been allowed to just go to the front of any line and this was the first trip she had been denied that. The CM said something about making the system more fair and that by giving them a fast pass it made it where they were still waiting just as long as any other person that day just not in the standby line. The hand written fast pass had a 1 hour window just like a regular one.

I don't know if this was a Space Mountain only thing (I saw it happen a few times at Space in the 4 times that week I was at the Magic Kingdom) or if it is going to be everywhere.

Millionaire2K

It seems the rules on those passes are changing as well. When I was in the world in January my group were behind a woman how was furious because the CM was giving her a hand written fast pass that was not valid until the current time plus whatever the standby wait time was (if it was 12 and standby was 90 minutes the fp started at 1:30). The woman said she had always been allowed to just go to the front of any line and this was the first trip she had been denied that. The CM said something about making the system more fair and that by giving them a fast pass it made it where they were still waiting just as long as any other person that day just not in the standby line. The hand written fast pass had a 1 hour window just like a regular one.

I don't know if this was a Space Mountain only thing (I saw it happen a few times at Space in the 4 times that week I was at the Magic Kingdom) or if it is going to be everywhere.

I don't see why being disabled makes SOME people think they need to go the front. But then again I understand “some” people may “truly” need it. I get it SOME truly need it. MOST DO NOT!!

I remember when a guy was upset because he had to ride his scooter in the queue and he couldn’t go right to the front.

Or of the time a disabled person was yelling because he had to wait in line to use the disabled stall when the line in the bathroom was out the door. He wanted to go right ahead of like 12 people and was telling everyone that was his stall and we could not use it.

The disabled stall is for everyone to use. It’s not like a handicap parking space. It’s marked to let disabled guest know it’s the one built to accommodate their needs. Just like the "large" lanes on some rollercoasters. It’s not just for large people.

So anyway I love Disney is staring to grow a backbone.

midwest_mice

I don't see why being disabled makes SOME people think they need to go the front. But then again I understand “some” people may “truly” need it. I get it SOME truly need it. MOST DO NOT!!

I remember when a guy was upset because he had to ride his scooter in the queue and he couldn’t go right to the front.

Or of the time a disabled person was yelling because he had to wait in line to use the disabled stall when the line in the bathroom was out the door. He wanted to go right ahead of like 12 people and was telling everyone that was his stall and we could not use it.

The disabled stall is for everyone to use. It’s not like a handicap parking space. It’s marked to let disabled guest know it’s the one built to accommodate their needs. Just like the "large" lanes on some rollercoasters. It’s not just for large people.

So anyway I love Disney is staring to grow a backbone.

I totally agree with this. As I know there are SOME people that truly need to use a scooter because of health reasons, Many of these FAT obese people that hop on and expect to get in front of the lines makes me mad. The other thing that makes me mad is when they drag about a dozen of their friends or family with them to the front. I truly think Disney should make the others with the "handicap" person wait in the regular line and then when they get to the front of the line, they all can get on at the same time then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom