Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

spaceghost

I am curious to see what effect this has on wait times later in the day. I am sure this has been said upstream, but perhaps this will actually help in the way that the $10 fee has helped open up some more sit down restaurant availability. But, that's just my silver lining take on it.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
The simplest thing to put an end to all this would be to get rid of 'free' fastpasses and have a similar system to Universal. There would be no arguments, lieing, abusing systems, and people would be getting the true value of what they pay. The express system isn't perfect but its a darn sight better then fastpass.

I so disagree with this.

Fastpass works just fine - and after a few rocky days while people adjust to the new enforcement policy, it will work even better.
Xpass is going to bring a whole new level of elitism to the parks. Let us common folk at least keep our Free Fastpass.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Yup. I'm sure everybody loves WDW for that reason alone, leaving all the real world problems and issues where they belong and just escaping. As far as this policy, I don't think it will be difficult per say, it'll just take some getting used to. I do think there still will be exceptions made, but I'm gonna try my best to abide by these new rules.

I see your point here...and do agree..Heck I leave the real world behind when I'm in the real world..:lookaroun I Hate the news and mainly don't watch it because it's just negative BS 90 percent of the time.

But to the point of it being unstructured and relaxing vacation? Until recently...WDW has rarely been one of those type of vacations for me.
ADRs, running around....trying to get on rides as much as I possibly can...
I typically need a vacation after I've done WDW. :animwink:
Relaxing....I think that's what Cape Cod is for.:D

the-reason14

I see your point here...and do agree..Heck I leave the real world behind when I'm in the real world..:lookaroun I Hate the news and mainly don't watch it because it's just negative BS 90 percent of the time.

But to the point of it being unstructured and relaxing vacation? Until recently...WDW has rarely been one of those type of vacations for me.
ADRs, running around....trying to get on rides as much as I possibly can...
I typically need a vacation after I've done WDW. :animwink:
Relaxing....I think that's what Cape Cod is for.:D

Ya I definitely see your point. With this 'new' policy and the supposed xpass, it seems we're gonna have to be more observant and anxious about time. I really hate how they're changing this, but I'm gonna try and be positive and see how it works next week while I'm there. I'm sure it won't be too bad, but I'm just glad I had a big heads up and had pretty much the whole month of February to gripe and complain about it. :lol:

flynnibus

Premium Member
True, but if you "know" that you can return anytime after the first printed time, how is that the same as going to the doctor at 4 if you have an appointment at 2? You're on vacation, of course you're gonna be more chilled about things. At least I am, don't know about anyone else. Most people have a different mindset while on vacation, that's why they take them.

The point was there are lots of people that argue they CAN'T make the return time.. or its some huge burden on them. Not your case which is 'I know the appointment doesn't count, so I don't bother'. The poster was saying if you can't make an appointment in WDW... how do you function in the real world.

flynnibus

Premium Member
They should have started enforcement on the last day of the Mayan Calendar..

Or the day Skynet became aware...

Considering they have been warning guests leading up to this - no reason to think they would have backed down off the change yet. What I want to see is changes in signage or other means they are using to alert guests

DonaldDoleWhip

Is anybody visiting the parks today? An update on how this is going would be awesome!
This isn't an update from today, but it's from yesterday so I still wanted to share it.

Yesterday I got a FP for 12:25 at Test Track. At about 12:30 I went to use it, and literally right then the ride shut down so everyone had to leave. I asked a CM what would happen if the ride broke down tomorrow (now today) during my return time, and he said he didn't know yet.

So it seems like Disney hasn't ironed out all the enforcement details yet. But I don't see how exceptions wouldn't be made for something like a ride breakdown - otherwise, people could truly be infuriated.

TiggersPooh

This isn't an update from today, but it's from yesterday so I still wanted to share it.

Yesterday I got a FP for 12:25 at Test Track. At about 12:30 I went to use it, and literally right then the ride shut down so everyone had to leave. I asked a CM what would happen if the ride broke down tomorrow (now today) during my return time, and he said he didn't know yet.

So it seems like Disney hasn't ironed out all the enforcement details yet. But I don't see how exceptions wouldn't be made for something like a ride breakdown - otherwise, people could truly be infuriated.
it would be honored when the attraction reopens

DonaldDoleWhip

it would be honored when the attraction reopens
But the question is will it be honored all day? I left TT once I realized I couldn't use my fastpass at 12:30. I didn't go back to Test Track until 8:20 to use my FP. With the new policy, will I have to wait in front of TT until they reopen, or will my noon fastpass be honored at 8:30 because I couldn't use the FP when I wanted during my window?

Since the CM didn't know yet (he said it would be up to the fastpass department), I don't feel comfortable risking it. I definitely plan on 'testing' the new policy today though (5 minutes early, asking what happens if the ride breaks down, etc).

Tori

423279_10150670835514617_357590889616_9102423_2143645729_n.jpg

They misspelled accommodate.

the-reason14

But the question is will it be honored all day? I left TT once I realized I couldn't use my fastpass at 12:30. I didn't go back to Test Track until 8:20 to use my FP. With the new policy, will I have to wait in front of TT until they reopen, or will my noon fastpass be honored at 8:30 because I couldn't use the FP when I wanted during my window?

Since the CM didn't know yet (he said it would be up to the fastpass department), I don't feel comfortable risking it. I definitely plan on 'testing' the new policy today though (5 minutes early, asking what happens if the ride breaks down, etc).

So are they also planning on sending out pagers to beep us when the ride reopens if it breaks down? How else will I know that space mt. just reopened if I'm on the other side of the park or in another park? I guess I could ask a CM, but I can see this being an issue.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So are they also planning on sending out pagers to beep us when the ride reopens if it breaks down? How else will I know that space mt. just reopened if I'm on the other side of the park or in another park? I guess I could ask a CM, but I can see this being an issue.

You guys are making this way to complicated for the sake of arguing.

Simply put... the CMs will know the ride was down earlier in the day and because it they will allow late FPs for that attraction that day. When the attraction was down is not super secret and they'll just be sure the shift CMs know that.

DonaldDoleWhip

You guys are making this way to complicated for the sake of arguing.

Simply put... the CMs will know the ride was down earlier in the day and because it they will allow late FPs for that attraction that day. When the attraction was down is not super secret and they'll just be sure the shift CMs know that.
Um, I reported what a CM told me. It's not for the sake of arguing, and it's quite rude of you to assume that.

Also, I just used my SM fastpass 5 minutes early. There are lots of CM's hanging around the fastpass entrance - I wonder how smoothly this is going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom