Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

Fractal514

There's a great big stand-by line tomorrow...
Long enough to make you wait all day...
Yes, there's a great big stand-by line tomorrow...
Unless of course you're willing to pay...

Walt had a dream, who cares, so what?
Those who don't pay, can kiss our butt...
And when this becomes a reality...
It's a whole new world, for you and me...

See how it fits the meter and rhymes?

AEfx

I stayed in a house off of 192 one time. It was a nice place, was super affordable, and in a nice area off of the road (which is a concern with the 192 area).

They are awesome.

We were about 10 min from the MGM gate, it cost less than 2 value rooms, we had a private screened-in pool, jacuzzi, and 4 or 5 bedrooms (way more than we needed). Two car garage, the works.

I know some people are allergic to driving on vacation, but once we found those amazing condos so close, it was almost laughable to think we'd go back to a value or even a mod, and we'd certainly never pay those astronomical prices for "deluxe" resorts that pretend to be luxury but are far, far from it when compared to the rest of the world outside of WDW. I'd trade in buses full of cranky and/or sick people and for my car and a nice condo any day of the week.

flynnibus

Premium Member
For people worried their life will be ruined because they don't know the FP return times until they actually go over to the attraction..

Disney has released their in the parks app for iPhone now

Included in the feature description..

"If you haven’t tried the app out yet, you should. It offers accurate wait times as well as official Disney FASTPASS return times and availability for the park you’re in"

There you go.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/02/disney-mobile-magic-now-on-iphone

pax_65

It's a whole new world, for you and me...

CLASSIC! I could see it working with "These are the days" as well...

These are the days
These are the worst days
These are the worst days of our lives

:lol:

freediverdude

The Sherman brothers are just going too far with these updates :lookaroun

All the adults use swear words
And the babies cry
In the holding holding holding holding holding room

Welcome to our torturous hideaway
You unlucky people, you
If we weren`t in the show starting right away
We`d be waiting 2 hours to see it too

All the adults use swear words
And the babies cry

The annual pass holder is an arrogant turd
He loves to be seen and loves to be heard
Most little birdbrains will walk away
But the annual pass birdbrains are here everyday

Please stop, lol, you're making me spit my drink on my keyboard! lol

love disney

Last day for late Fastpass

I know there is a thread where this has been discussed in detail as a rumor, but wanted to pass on my personal experience, feel free to lock, move, or delete if necessary:

Was at AK on Saturday and missed the window of my Expedition Everest fastpass by about 30-45 minutes. As I went through the fastpass return entrance, the castmember waved me through and said "just so you know, starting Wednesday we won't let you in if you return late." She wasn't really that friendly about it, but not really rude either, just direct and to the point, and I am sure she was probably catching a lot of heat from guests (not me of course, I just said thank you and went on the ride). I guess this is really happening, but my bet is that there will be so much backlash from guests and so many problems with people arriving late due to meals, lines taking longer than stated, ride breakdowns, etc. that it will only last a few months. Who knows.

In any case, if you plan on arriving after your fastpass return window, better do it today because as of tomorrow things change.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I know there is a thread where this has been discussed in detail as a rumor, but wanted to pass on my personal experience, feel free to lock, move, or delete if necessary:

Was at AK on Saturday and missed the window of my Expedition Everest fastpass by about 30-45 minutes. As I went through the fastpass return entrance, the castmember waved me through and said "just so you know, starting Wednesday we won't let you in if you return late." She wasn't really that friendly about it, but not really rude either, just direct and to the point, and I am sure she was probably catching a lot of heat from guests (not me of course, I just said thank you and went on the ride). I guess this is really happening, but my bet is that there will be so much backlash from guests and so many problems with people arriving late due to meals, lines taking longer than stated, ride breakdowns, etc. that it will only last a few months. Who knows.

In any case, if you plan on arriving after your fastpass return window, better do it today because as of tomorrow things change.

It is going to be here to stay, as the entire next generation FASTPASS system relies on it.

DonaldDoleWhip

As long as they enforce the 15-minute grace period, it's fine with me now. Yesterday I tested out my ability to be spontaneous and still make it back in time (got a fastpass for Space Mountain, ate a quick service lunch, went to Downtown Disney to try babycakes, took the boat from Fort Wilderness to MK, and made it back 5 minutes late).

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes

It's a whole new world for share-holders and me...

fixed

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I've always abided by the return times...so this will definitely not effect us in anyway and for arguement's sake what's purpose of printing something on ticket in the first place if it's NOT going to be enforced?

As much time I've spent on these boards and skimmed the argum....I mean :lookaroun....discussions about fast passes... I didn't realize the 'late' return time was soooo lenient, that you could come back hours later...
15 minutes past seems COMPLETELY reasonable.

Quackerjack

I've always abided by the return times...so this will definitely not effect us in anyway and for arguement's sake what's purpose of printing something on ticket in the first place if it's NOT going to be enforced?

As much time I've spent on these boards and skimmed the argum....I mean :lookaroun....discussions about fast passes... I didn't realize the 'late' return time was soooo lenient, that you could come back hours later...
15 minutes past seems COMPLETELY reasonable.

Agree...We have always come back in the fastpass window because that's what the pass said. If you don't have to follow the return time on the pass what is the point of the pass?? I realize things come up unexpectedly but makes me wonder how some people deal with appointments in the real world....:shrug:

the-reason14

Agree...We have always come back in the fastpass window because that's what the pass said. If you don't have to follow the return time on the pass what is the point of the pass?? I realize things come up unexpectedly but makes me wonder how some people deal with appointments in the real world....:shrug:

Please, there's a difference between knowing you have a doctor's appointment at 2, and knowing about a former policy about fastpasses while on vacation. I can't speak for others, but I know for me since I knew I could return anytime after the first hour I did. If I wanted to return within the hour I could, if I really wanted to. But I didn't. This will take some getting used to for me, but it's something I can and will have to do.

The simplest thing to put an end to all this would be to get rid of 'free' fastpasses and have a similar system to Universal. There would be no arguments, lieing, abusing systems, and people would be getting the true value of what they pay. The express system isn't perfect but its a darn sight better then fastpass.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Please, there's a difference between knowing you have a doctor's appointment at 2, and knowing about a former policy about fastpasses while on vacation. I can't speak for others, but I know for me since I knew I could return anytime after the first hour I did..

Uhm..not really. Forget being in the "know" about being able to return just about anytime after marked time.
The piece of paper that gets printed out says.."anytime between
XX:XX and YY:YY.

There's a reason it's printed on the piece of paper - Disney employees deciding to let it slide over the years has a myriad reasons being disscussed here now..but the simple fact is it was initially put on the fast past for a reason, so that people would show up between those times.
It's an appointment - that obviously (with this recent turn of events proves) people should have been paying attention to. ;) I don't think anyone is saying you're an irresponsible member of society or anything....;)

the-reason14

Uhm..not really. Forget being in the "know" about being able to return just about anytime after marked time.
The piece of paper that gets printed out says.."anytime between
XX:XX and YY:YY.

There's a reason it's printed on the piece of paper - Disney employees deciding to let it slide over the years has a myriad reasons being disscussed here now..but the simple fact is it was initially put on the fast past for a reason, so that people would show up between those times.
It's an appointment - that obviously (with this recent turn of events proves) people should have been paying attention to. ;) I don't think anyone is saying you're an irresponsible member of society or anything....;)

True, but if you "know" that you can return anytime after the first printed time, how is that the same as going to the doctor at 4 if you have an appointment at 2? You're on vacation, of course you're gonna be more chilled about things. At least I am, don't know about anyone else. Most people have a different mindset while on vacation, that's why they take them.

DonaldDoleWhip

True, but if you "know" that you can return anytime after the first printed time, how is that the same as going to the doctor at 4 if you have an appointment at 2? You're on vacation, of course you're gonna be more chilled about things. At least I am, don't know about anyone else. Most people have a different mindset while on vacation, that's why they take them.
Agreed - sort of like how I try to ignore the news (since it's often depressing) while in WDW. That doesn't make me an uninformed member of society who knows nothing about current events when I'm at home for most of the year.

People love WDW to escape from the real world. I don't want my WDW vacations to be as structured and stressful as my everyday life. I can get used to this change, but I don't think my previous fastpass usage (based on advice that came directly from CM's) reflects at all on who I am in the real world. I'm very neurotic about time when I know it actually matters :)

the-reason14

Agreed - sort of like how I try to ignore the news (since it's often depressing) while in WDW. That doesn't make me an uninformed member of society who knows nothing about current events when I'm at home for most of the year.

People love WDW to escape from the real world. I don't want my WDW vacations to be as structured and stressful as my everyday life. I can get used to this change, but I don't think my previous fastpass usage (based on advice that came directly from CM's) reflects at all on who I am in the real world. I'm very neurotic about time when I know it actually matters :)

Yup. I'm sure everybody loves WDW for that reason alone, leaving all the real world problems and issues where they belong and just escaping. As far as this policy, I don't think it will be difficult per say, it'll just take some getting used to. I do think there still will be exceptions made, but I'm gonna try my best to abide by these new rules.

Brian Noble

I've been a chronic late returner. During my trip last week, just for grins, I decided to hold myself to the windows strictly (not even taking advantage of the five/fifteen minute buffers). It did change the way I approached FP a little bit, but, honestly, it wasn't such a big deal.

As usual, the molehill is not a mountain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom