Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

Captain Chaos

My guess is on the honor system or some kind of validation. I would suspect honor system. Now, I'm not going to lie to use a Fastpass. Obviously, if you are three hours pass the time, that excuse won't really work either. I really don't think they will be militant. I'm sure some people will "abuse" this excuse by lying (not anyone here). But you will always have people playing the loopholes no matter how small they are. You just won't be able to get that 11:00 - Noon Fastpass and come back at 9:00 PM. Maybe 1:00 PM.

Makes sense if that is what they do... Maybe a receipt will be needed to prove your dining, who knows... And we all know the honor system NEVER works...

EvanAnderson

With the dining reservations conflict, I'm not too sure how that will be dealt with. My guess is that the manager will simply listen to the story, then let them in. With attractions going 101, an all call is paged out to every Operations radio noting which attraction and what caused it, and then updates, such as if it is operational again, or they are evacuating. My guess is that it will be coordinators job to make sure the Cast knows what attraction was down and to honor any late FP's with guests from that attraction. Also, I'm not 100% but I'm guessing on it.

*BTW I forgot to add that another exception added to the official list are personal emergencies.

Buried20KLeague

With the dining reservations conflict, I'm not too sure how that will be dealt with. My guess is that the manager will simply listen to the story, then let them in. With attractions going 101, an all call is paged out to every Operations radio noting which attraction and what caused it, and then updates, such as if it is operational again, or they are evacuating. My guess is that it will be coordinators job to make sure the Cast knows what attraction was down and to honor any late FP's with guests from that attraction. Also, I'm not 100% but I'm guessing on it.

*BTW I forgot to add that another exception added to the official list are personal emergencies.

Sounds flawless.

:lol:

I'm not poking at you... Thanks for the info. I just think it'll be ugly.

flynnibus

Premium Member
how typical... disney setting up a system that will be impossible to realistically enforce just causing people to be slightly more underhanded to get a benefit Disney basically gives away now.

Sad. This is only going to cause people to make up stories.

DonaldDoleWhip

how typical... disney setting up a system that will be impossible to realistically enforce just causing people to be slightly more underhanded to get a benefit Disney basically gives away now.

Sad. This is only going to cause people to make up stories.
Or it will cause people to either find a way to use their fastpass on time or not use it at all. That's my plan. I'm not gonna start lying just to use a fastpass late if it's not allowed anymore, and I don't think a lot of people would do that.

the-reason14

[/B]

I suppose my husband and I are included in your typical guests who are"too stupid to figure out the existing system". We've always assumed that the time frame on the FastPass was our reserved return time to ride the attraction. We've visited WDW 13 times and certainly are not confused about the FastPass system currently in place.

I am so sorry that enforcement of the window will be "inconvenient" for you.
Maybe you could carry a sign--"For my convenience-Step Aside Please". That would probably clear things up for this typical stupid guest.

Oh good idea, thanks!!! I'll start making the sign right now for my next trip. :sohappy::sohappy:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Or it will cause people to either find a way to use their fastpass on time or not use it at all. That's my plan. I'm not gonna start lying just to use a fastpass late if it's not allowed anymore, and I don't think a lot of people would do that.

When you see how many people go through the extra hassle of parking at DtD just to avoid a simple parking fee.. I'm sure making up some 'innocent' stories so they can continue to experience the park the way they want to is well within the conscious of those people :(

DonaldDoleWhip

When you see how many people go through the extra hassle of parking at DtD just to avoid a simple parking fee.. I'm sure making up some 'innocent' stories so they can continue to experience the park the way they want to is well within the conscious of those people :(
Ugh, good point. I would never even think of these things on my own - reusing a mug, parking in DTD, etc.

Well I hope that those people really don't have a huge impact on the queue system overall, since it sounds like standby lines will benefit quite a bit if the enforcement is effective.

LivinwtheLand

Asking for the "manager" is not being "nice". Asking for the "manager" is just a ridiculous way of trying to push your lack of responsibility on to someone else. "I messed up and I'm upset...now you fix it" This is not a value we should be teaching our young people. Responsibility is a value that our country is forgetting. I'm positive that there is a sign, where the fast passes are being distributed, advising guests of the time window for them to return. I'm also positive that that time window is printed on the ticket. It is no one's fault, but your own if you don't/can't make it back to the attraction at the time stated on your FP. If the ticket was for an event that had $1,000 bills being given away, I'm pretty confidant that all of you irresponsible, consumer driven animals would be front and center when your time, name or number was called. However, because you live in this great country, you KNOW you can say things like "Oh, I didn't know" or "no one told me" to get your way. Of course, you can always ask to speak to the manager and then weave a tale of sorrow to excuse your incompetence and get what you want.

The rules were right in your face the entire time. You just decided to play dumb. You read the ticket. You saw the sign. YOU decided to ignore it. YOU decided that you would ignore the rules, KNOWING that you could LIE and complain about it later to get what YOU wanted.

The statement that "this is the way it's always been" as a complaint, is ridiculous. Hopefully, if you were "lucky" enough to use your FP out of its stated window of validity, you were able to appreciate your fortunate situation in real time. If you took it for granted, then AGAIN, that is on you. The ridiculous responses I've read throughout this thread, prompt me to express my thoughts on this tiny situation as a metaphor to a huge problem within our culture.

"It's Miller Time!" - Peter Venkman

AEfx

1) People cheering this thinking it will change anything about the standby experience (i.e. that "abuses" made lines longer) are giving it too much credit. Most people didn't know about the "feature" that you could use it later in the day, and the amount of people who did so was negligible (and cancelled out likely by the no-shows anyway).

2) I have no problem with this; I'd prefer it stays the same way because, as others have pointed out, sometimes you can't just get back and often that's because of Disney's logistics, not your lack of planning (you don't plan to get stuck and evac'd off a ride, for example). But I'm not going to cry that a loophole was closed. It was nice while it lasted.

3) Next Gen is sounding more and more to dislike, as I have yet to see - or even hear about - anything remotely exciting to me. While I won't complain about this - it's their rule to enforce - it just adds to the cold feeling one gets from a corporation, not the warm "aw come on, go ahead and have some fun!" Disney magic that used to be there.

sam_disney

I can honestly say I dont really see what the fuss is all about.

I have always gone back at the allotted time and never had any problems.
However, on our honeymoon in December- our fastpass for toy story clashed with our reservation for dinner at the 50s prime time. We were a little concerned but decided to go to 50's a little earlier than we should- which paid off because we then had plenty of time to use our fastpass in the allotted time anyway... ! The waitress did tell us though when we arrived that we shouldnt worry about the fastpass and that they would let us in whatever time it was after the start time- which I have to admit was nice to know!

So unfortunately for myself- its too late to take advantage of this now...

I do understand the annoyance to some people- but like I say for me- I've always adhered to the time printed on my fastpass anyway!

Bolna

I don't have Verizon so I can't use the "Disney sanctioned" app, so that one is out the window.

The other apps are not controlled by Disney and rely on user input for their realtime information. That leads to horribly inaccurate info at worst, and questionable info at best. I'm across the country right now and I can go to these apps and input that Soarin' has a 5 minute wait.

Surely in these past 40 pages you saw that I didn't just complain, but offered solutions to the issue in the form of a Disney sanctioned app that went across all platforms... But that even that wouldn't work for foreign visitors that don't want to pay exorbitant international data roaming rates... Hence my suggestion of easily accessible info in each land.

... Or maybe you just focused on the complaint.

Thanks for thinking of us international travelers!!

And I agree, that more tip boards and wait time information would be very welcome.

DLP does have an electronic tip board which fits very well with the Victorian atmosphere of Main Street - and there is an additional one at the entrance of Discoveryland.

And I really liked it at IoA that they had these electronic boards telling you the wait time of the major attractions at many locations.

Disneybear

3) Next Gen is sounding more and more to dislike, as I have yet to see - or even hear about - anything remotely exciting to me. While I won't complain about this - it's their rule to enforce - it just adds to the cold feeling one gets from a corporation, not the warm "aw come on, go ahead and have some fun!" Disney magic that used to be there.

Isn't it a pity Disney cant spend the money on things that actually are Broken in the parks.

fastpass changes

So I was nto going to jump in this thread and i havent read all the posts so sorry if this has been stated before but as a parent this makes it hard for us to allow my child to enjoy rides she likes.

I have a 17month old. We cannot wait in line for more than 15 to 20 min. Does not matter if its a ride or character (longest we will do is 30 min). Say I get a fastpass for Pooh (one of her favorite rides) and the standby wait is 1 hour. I get a fastpass and its in 2 1/2 hrs. M daughter happens to fall asleep and sleeps through the WHOLE fastpass window. Now we do not khave a fastpass and now we have to not ride or try to wait. I think in this circumstance it is not right. I am not waking my child up to ride the ride but i should of had the ability to use my fastpass. I cant control when she naps. I have had this happen on more than one occasion where she has fallen asleep during a time we had a fastpass.

I think my bf is right. All disney cares bout is the bottom line and AP holders are going to get screwed in this deal since it will be paying for fastpass but when another disaster happens and they need locals to come since international ppl wont than they will be beggin for those aps to come back ...

Brian Noble

I'm across the country right now and I can go to these apps and input that Soarin' has a 5 minute wait.
Just as an aside, but at one point I am pretty sure that Lines used the phone's location services feature to make sure you were at least reasonably close to an attraction when entering data for it. Not sure if that's still there or not.

I-4Warrior

Doesn't damage my touring since I only use my fastpasses during the stated times. If I don't use it, then "eh." My situation isn't the norm (Passholder.. Rides aren't necessary for me to have a great experience at the parks at this stage), but understandably there are touring plans for infrequent travelers that are going to feel this like a punch. I understand the use of Disneys change to the fastpass system, but if it is something that causes frustration for guests, not sure if it's a good thing... After all, we have price increases, the Yeti and a busted Splash Mountain for that.

ADP2

Does anyone really think this is going to have an impact on lines and crowds? The biggest guest complaint at Disney are how long the lines are and how big the crowds get. Does enforcing this FastPass rule really help this at all? :shrug:

I'm sort of thinking the real reason they are implemting this is to prepare for something else coming up as part of Next Gen. Maybe there next big rollout will go smoother if they start enforcing this FastPass policy now. Or, they just maybe doing this to reiterate the FastPass policy, but still let guests use their FastPasses later in the day. Maybe Disney is trying to reallign guest expectations. Does anyone remember last year when Disney said the park entrance time for hard-ticketed events was 7:00PM? People went crazy before the Halloween party, but later we found out Disney was still letting guests in at 4:00PM. That was Disney's way of making us understand they were throwing pixie dust at us by letting us in at 4:00 versus 7:00. Maybe this announcement is similar, maybe not. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom