News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

hpyhnt 1000

As far as I know the tarps will go. Guestflow in the buildings is still being finalised I believe.

Can we also get rid of the tarps covering the Innoventions windows? Be nice to get some sunshine into the buildings again.

Also, I forget if it was mentioned, anything planned for MouseGear? That store is a disaster in every way and desperately needs an overhaul.

RoysCabin

All this talk of a redesign for the spine and the entrance plaza, yet I can't believe it took me until this moment to consider something: will this mean a new entrance plaza soundtrack? The 1982 original is still a classic and something I love to listen to now and then, but the 2001 redo has some very fun moments in it as well (excellent versions of both Golden Dream and the theme for The Living Seas mixed in there), and EPCOT entrance music has always been a big part of the experience for me.

DznyRktekt

Back in the day I remember there being a life size wooden mickey on the upper level of Centorium. While shopping I saw a kid gave Mickey five and the Mouse's arm fell off and hit the floor. Within a five-minute time span, the statue had been moved off stage and a display rack was in its place. Show standards were strict in the mid 80's.

Last edited:

Mike S

Back in the day I remember there being a life size wooden mickey on the upper level of Centorium. While shopping I saw a kid gave Mickey five and the Mouse's arm fell off and hit the floor. Within a five-minute time span, the statue had been moved off stage and a display rack was in its place. Show standards were strict in the mid 80's.
"Disney is better now than it's ever been you hater!!!"

clemmo

So the central spine (old innoventions buildings) is just going to be restaurants and shops right? Maybe the designs and theming will be more exciting but imo just go to the WS and grab a bite to eat. It still should be an improvement over what's currently there since it's empty.

PREMiERdrum

I've always been curious as to what the unfinished phases of Project Kaleidoscope were, but I've never been happier that they scraped that plan after the new paint scheme was so poorly received.

Kman101

I've always been curious as to what the unfinished phases of Project Kaleidoscope were, but I've never been happier that they scraped that plan after the new paint scheme was so poorly received.

I want to know who approved such an idea. In theory I guess I get it, but man ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom