News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

articos

Sort of a "you will never learn how to swim until you jump into the water" situation, or was it that John was close to retirement and was not immersed into the design process? Thank you for you insight into this. These glimpses behind the curtain are why many of us are here.
More not immersed - he was working on other things and wasn't paying close enough attention after handing them the design brief and his original concept art. Sometimes things get messed up or missed. This was one of those times. Thanks for the kind words.

Bocabear

I would love to see the pitch they used to get the odd color blocking approved...Was there a plan where it looked great but then got value engineered down to some random paint colors painted on some of the buildings? Were they just trying to use up all the old paint in the warehouse from all the different attractions and left it up to the maintenance crew to choose where the colors went? It really is baffling.

Kman101

Anyone know what's going to happen to the Pixar Short Film Festival? It's been going on for a while now without a change. I just saw that Paris is getting some sort of replacement supposedly (but I don't know what, probably a film preview)

What's the future for the theater at Epcot? @marni1971 @MansionButler84

Last edited:

clemmo

Anyone know what's going to happen to the Pixar Short Film Festival? It's been going on for a while now without a change. I just saw that Paris is getting some sort of replacement supposedly (but I don't know what, probably a film preview)

What's the future for the theater at Epcot?
That whole pavilion including magic eye theater and imagination needs help. Unfortunately as of last update it was proposed but nothing green lit

Kman101

I know they don't seem to be touching the ride anytime soon and while it needs help it could actually be a good thing they aren't. But I'd hope the theater is treated as a separate project.

Haymarket2008

What's the future for the theater at Epcot?

If Inside Out should invade the park, that is where I'd put it. I'd like to think it could stay away from Figment/the dark ride part of the building.

Goob

Don't know where to ask this, but, in Spaceship Earth, isnt the family supposed to be watching the moon landing in the 60's era living room scene? I mean how freaking hard is it to repair that? It's a TV with a loop of the landing running constantly. It's kinda the whole point of the scene. Now they're just all sitting there staring at a turned off TV set. Inexcusable.

Last edited:

Kman101

If Inside Out should invade the park, that is where I'd put it. I'd like to think it could stay away from Figment/the dark ride part of the building.

Me too, but I kind of fear they've already thought about replacing Figment with Inside Out. I'd love Inside Out represented in Epcot, but not at the expense of Figment, which is why I think it could be a good thing they aren't touching the ride yet.

PizzaPlanet

Don't know where to ask this, but, in Spaceship Earth, isnt the family supposed to be watching the moon landing in the 60's era living room scene? I mean how freaking hard is it to repair that? It's a TV with a loop of the landing running constantly. It's kinda the whole point of the scene. Now there just all sitting there staring at a turned of TV set.
Yeah I saw that too. It's just as awkward as Mr. Bluebird standing still.

ToTBellHop

Don't know where to ask this, but, in Spaceship Earth, isnt the family supposed to be watching the moon landing in the 60's era living room scene? I mean how freaking hard is it to repair that? It's a TV with a loop of the landing running constantly. It's kinda the whole point of the scene. Now there just all sitting there staring at a turned of TV set.
It's seriously still off? It was off in February. Go to Target and buy a new TV!

Sped2424

Now does anyone know the attraction for the UK? Is it similar to the enchanted forest concept that was proposed way back when?

PREMiERdrum

I would love to see the pitch they used to get the odd color blocking approved...Was there a plan where it looked great but then got value engineered down to some random paint colors painted on some of the buildings? Were they just trying to use up all the old paint in the warehouse from all the different attractions and left it up to the maintenance crew to choose where the colors went? It really is baffling.
The new paint was supposed to be the first phase of a new concept for the whole plaza, but the project was scrapped after the paint. I don't know what else was planned, but I have to think there was some sort of cohesive idea that perhaps made the paint make sense...

Bocabear

The new paint was supposed to be the first phase of a new concept for the whole plaza, but the project was scrapped after the paint. I don't know what else was planned, but I have to think there was some sort of cohesive idea that perhaps made the paint make sense...
I agree it had to be more than what we see...that is why it looks so odd and unfinished...it relates to absolutely nothing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom