News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

lazyboy97o

You speak a language that is alien to me. What are SAR, CCP and TWDC? Thankfully I am familiar with GotG, IP and ESPN (Golfing on the Garbage, Irrational Putridness, and Extra Strong Perspiration Nuances).
According to acronymfinder.com,

SAR = Specific Absorption Rate
CCP = Chinese Communist Party
TWDC = The Walt Disney Company

YW
SAR is Special Administrative Region. It is a political subdivision within the People's Republic of China (PRC) unique to Hong Kong and Macau as part of the "one country, two systems" concept.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 Any insight into what might be next for the Harvest Theatre? Will the replacement wait for the general overhaul of the pavilion, or will it be something coming a lot sooner?
The replacement has been moving back and forth between next year and a few years later. Sadly at the moment it's a few years off.

clemmo

Do any of the insiders know if we may see some of the epcot additions announced this year at D23 or elsewhere? Or will this be held off for a while longer?

gmajew

Premium Member
I have always defended Epcot as it is one of my favorite parks but it is time money gets pumped in fast as two much is in bad shape. Energy needs to either go or be fixed it's current state is sad.

Mission space is getting fixed.

Test track is good.

Soarin is good

Seas is even ok but needs more to do in pavilion. To many empty tanks these days.

But need to get future world needs attractions. This plan has got to happen sooner then later.

PizzaPlanet

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Any word on when the cosmetic changes start? Future World is one big mass of ugly with that kaleidoscope of colors. Just awful. Who approved that? Between the mix of colors, the ugly tarps and tombstones out front ... it's a disaster.
Of the three eye sores, the tombstones are the most egregious, then the tarps ... then the kaleidoscope of paint colours.

HMF

That boat sailed IP is staying but we can keep some of what Epcot was and is if they keep the rest of the pavilions towards education.

So use the IP for the rides and then once done educate us some after or in line. Just blend it better and don't let the massive pavilions go bare
I don't necessarily have a problem with the IP if it actually supports the theme rather than detract from it

Kman101

I'd actually reverse the order. As ugly as they are, the monoliths were designed by John Hench.

I'd rather they be moved; but they take up a ton of walking space and they're an eyesore in front of Spaceship Earth. I'd sort of prefer the paint and tarps to go first I guess if it were up to me to choose the order.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom