News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

J4546

I grew up in Tampa Bay till I was 8 and we went a few times while I was under 10. Then in like mid 90s and again 2002ish, then 2010 then last time was just a few months after gotg coaster opened

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I went last in 2017, and sure, I was only 7 so I don't remember all too much, but based on photos and what of it I can remember, other than Illuminations and FoN going away, it's been entirely positive IMO. I hated the concrete and barely-any-shade aesthetic, and I (again, going off photos and videos) like this much, much more. I think the plants are beautiful, even if the center planter does look a bit like... the female body... but the plants are gorgeous; the points of light are stunning; the France expansion is wonderfully themed and entirely positive; GotG is a wonderful coaster and excellently themed despite the giant show building; Space 220 alone is worth the price of going back from what I've seen; the new entry plaza finally looks like a theme park, not a graveyard; Walt statues are always a plus, even though it looks like he's on the toilet; Journey of Water is gorgeous; and the concept art for the new Test Track looks much better than what we have now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I went last in 2017, and sure, I was only 7 so I don't remember all too much, but based on photos and what of it I can remember, other than Illuminations and FoN going away, it's been entirely positive IMO. I hated the concrete and barely-any-shade aesthetic, and I (again, going off photos and videos) like this much, much more. I think the plants are beautiful, even if the center planter does look a bit like... the female body... but the plants are gorgeous; the points of light are stunning; the France expansion is wonderfully themed and entirely positive; GotG is a wonderful coaster and excellently themed despite the giant show building; Space 220 alone is worth the price of going back from what I've seen; the new entry plaza finally looks like a theme park, not a graveyard; Walt statues are always a plus, even though it looks like he's on the toilet; Journey of Water is gorgeous; and the concept art for the new Test Track looks much better than what we have now.
Bob thanks you. In fact, Bob is depending on you.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Please take no offensive, but unfortunately you don't know what you missed.

Communicore

National Geographic is releasing a new special titled EPCOT Becoming: Inside the Transformation on April 29, 2024.

Here’s the synopsis:

EPCOT BECOMING showcases the reimagining of EPCOT® for a new generation. Watch as Walt Disney World Resort teams rise to the challenge of bringing the constantly evolving park into the future, from creating an innovative new coaster to exploring the wonder of water and culminating with the debut of the next legacy in nighttime spectaculars: “Luminous The Symphony of Us.”

View attachment 774040

More like, the “bastagization”

Sir_Cliff

I'm sorry, but are we just not going to discuss the concept art for the singalong thing? Why did they make the show look so unpopular? Legitimately only like 15 people in the crowd, and most of them seem to be unaccompanied minors.
Yes, it makes the show look very... minor.

Disney's concept art in recent years has been all over the place. You get stuff like the Tropical Americas overview of DAK that whets the appetite for future additions like classic Disney concept art, then you get pieces like this that look like Encanto day at a local Kindergarten.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, it makes the show look very... minor.

Disney's concept art in recent years has been all over the place. You get stuff like the Tropical Americas overview of DAK that whets the appetite for future additions like classic Disney concept art, then you get pieces like this that look like Encanto day at a local Kindergarten.
Disney concept art, especially for the Blogs, has always been awful. Laughably so at time.

But what do I know, I'm the Disney Defender.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom