News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

SpaceMountain77

Epcot82Guy

Two weeks ago, we had the opportunity to take the Behind the Seeds tour. If you are looking for a spark of 1982 EPCOT Center inspiration, then it can be found at Living with the Land. EPCOT scientists are presently exploring plum growth in space. The initiative can be found here: Technologies for Fruit Production and Plant Propagation that are Compatible with Spaceflight Conditions

I used to host those tours many moons ago. They were truly the highlight of my CP time at Epcot.

I may have to go book one last one before my pass expires next month...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Disstevefan1

Two weeks ago, we had the opportunity to take the Behind the Seeds tour. If you are looking for a spark of 1982 EPCOT Center inspiration, then it can be found at Living with the Land. EPCOT scientists are presently exploring plum growth in space. The initiative can be found here: Technologies for Fruit Production and Plant Propagation that are Compatible with Spaceflight Conditions
Loved the Behind the Seeds tour! we did it several years ago, and want to do it again.

Just one of the reasons The Land pavilion is THE BEST pavilion.

Horizonsfan

The sign and greenhouses have been looking fantastic. However, the first half is in desperate need of refurbishment & the ending needs to be updated from 1994.

On three separate rides last week, all figures in the rainforest were static and a few work lights left on. Then in the farmhouse scene, the goats & chickens were static. The dog continued to bark (over a scratchy speaker) with its jaw was locked open.

A strange state of affairs where half the ride looks better than ever while the other is depressingly broken.

lazyboy97o

New EPCOT-style signage comes to the Living with the Land boat ride​

Living-with-the-Land_Full_53210.jpg
That massive mounting plate with the exposed screws are driving me nuts. A complete contradiction to the aesthetic of the rest of the sign.

Epcot82Guy

That massive mounting plate with the exposed screws are driving me nuts. A complete contradiction to the aesthetic of the rest of the sign.

Oh wow. I didn't notice that. That's 100% an issue! That can't be the permanent look, I hope.

Though, I noticed the Disney 100 mural they are celebrating uses unfinished screws across the entire thing. No attempt to camouflage them at all. So, I sadly have to wonder...

Bocabear

Oh wow. I didn't notice that. That's 100% an issue! That can't be the permanent look, I hope.

Though, I noticed the Disney 100 mural they are celebrating uses unfinished screws across the entire thing. No attempt to camouflage them at all. So, I sadly have to wonder...
Don't worry, if it's for the 100th, they are "just getting started"....according to their press release...lol

James Alucobond

Looks like the terrace in front of Dreamers Point may have finally been planted, but it's a bit difficult to tell. Also, does the gray coating on half of the triangle-covered white box next to the booth spaces suggest there's another layer of paneling that attaches atop what we're seeing there? Or maybe it's the base for a stucco application?

James Alucobond

Interesting that they have the World Nature hue inside. I thought the color might be provided exclusively by interior lighting, but it seems they'll have daytime color as well. Curious to see if they go for a gradient to Celebration blue or if it's maybe lenticular, looking green from World Nature and blue from World Celebration.

DreamfinderGuy

Interesting that they have the World Nature hue inside. I thought the color might be provided exclusively by interior lighting, but it seems they'll have daytime color as well. Curious to see if they go for a gradient to Celebration blue or if it's maybe lenticular, looking green from World Nature and blue from World Celebration.
I think their goal here is to have the colors on the perimeter of Celebration match whatever world you're entering/exiting by walking in/out of the area. Notice that Connections' entrances are red since it connects to World Discovery, and Creations' entrances are yellow since it connects to World Showcase. This is a natural extension of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom