News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

I agree.
We no longer live in a time when there is a sort of agreed upon idea of what "the future" will look like.
In the past, places like Tommorowland and Epcot sought to portray that.
As I've said, I like a lot of what they did with Epcot - certainly prefer some of it to what had been there the past twenty years.
Where they failed though is a wow factor, and that should have come from a stunning water feature.
That in place of that planter - and in conjunction with the lights (had they worked for more than one night) would have been very impressive.
Not that the one water feature would have solved the problem, but there was no focus to the current design...no wow moment... No outrageous design decisions creating something visually new and unique. To say the future will always get here means we should just all be living in average suburbia because at some point everything will be outdated...that's a terrible stance. so basically why bother?
That is kind of what this whole EPCOT reimagining looks like... "here are some trees and we can't be bothered any further...oh and a flex space for party rentals and a meet and greet...Enjoy the new Epcot.

J4546

the wow factor is SSE. there was never a wow factor in the central core imo. And a fountain would be nice but certainly not omg amazing as some seem to believe.

UNCgolf

the wow factor is SSE. there was never a wow factor in the central core imo. And a fountain would be nice but certainly not omg amazing as some seem to believe.

The synchronized water show at the Fountain of Nations was pretty great, especially in the 80s and 90s. Not that it was some kind of "OMG you have to see this" thing, but it was really nice and added a lot to the area.

They could have done an updated version with modern technology.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The synchronized water show at the Fountain of Nations was pretty great, especially in the 80s and 90s. Not that it was some kind of "OMG you have to see this" thing, but it was really nice and added a lot to the area.

They could have done an updated version with modern technology.

General philosophy of TDO (and Burbank) for a decade (or more?):

1727728212515.jpeg

Incomudro

There was a wow factor to Fountain of Nations.
I guess not to you, I find that odd...
In any event, if there wasn't a wow factor with the previous fountain - wouldn't this have been the time to remedy that?
Because no matter what anyone may have thought of the FoN, that planter is certainly not a step up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom