News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think the attraction posters are iconic, and I just thought having some area where they would be, tunnel or not, would be kidna fun as a smaller “signature” element of a park at wdw Yknow?
I have a clever idea on what to mount those posters. Here's a mock-up...

1720546926054.png

nickys

Premium Member
Maybe start at wdw, then spread over time if it flows well at wdw?
Really don’t understand why. I mean you’re actually arguing here for walls to be put up at every park entrance to stick posters on. People have generally had enough of walls being put up, I think they’d rather have open space.

It works at MK because you go through the tunnels to get in. It’s hard to see how it will work at the other parks.

retr0gate

Really don’t understand why. I mean you’re actually arguing here for walls to be put up at every park entrance to stick posters on. People have generally had enough of walls being put up, I think they’d rather have open space.

It works at MK because you go through the tunnels to get in. It’s hard to see how it will work at the other parks.
1720547998437.png

Could take the classic Disneyland approach

Rich Brownn

It also sort of reminds me of when WDW first opened...things the Imagineers who lived in California didn't account for at first, like Florida weather...I'm reminded specifically of the outdoor queue for Haunted Mansion not being covered and possibly even the Teacups?
They had to cover the teacups, cover the queues fro HM and HOP, and reroute the queue for CBJ through what had been stores (and are so again). Plus the drains often couldn't keep up and the area by the carousel frequents floods.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

My local mall looks nothing like this, but would like it to be! ;)

1720565416442.png

Why exempt the monorail? The local airport has a monorail. Ho hum.

And that glass pyramid can be found at a Paris museum and other places. Ho hum. Yawn.

And yes, Communicore Hall looks awful empty. Because it's empty. It's not an attraction apart from what it will host in the future. An empty stage looks awful until there's a show on it. An empty conference room looks bad while there's no convention taking place.

If ya don't like empty rooms or stages, don't go to them while they're empty.

James Alucobond

And yes, Communicore Hall looks awful empty. Because it's empty. It's not an attraction apart from what it will host in the future. An empty stage looks awful until there's a show on it. An empty conference room looks bad while there's no convention taking place.

a) They shouldn't be empty.
b) If they are empty and/or completely lacking in any sort of set dressing even with the basics like furnishings, they're not show-ready and should be closed to the public.

Cmdr_Crimson

View attachment 799025

And that glass pyramid can be found at a Paris museum and other places. Ho hum. Yawn.

It's missing something that calmed everyone in this place.....This...

See what happens when they remove a good loop!

Cmdr_Crimson

a) They shouldn't be empty.
b) If they are empty and/or completely lacking in any sort of set dressing even with the basics like furnishings, they're not show-ready and should be closed to the public.
A) sat like this for SEVERAL YEARS
innoventions-west-empty-2019-8.jpg

B) Added seating at the last few legs of it's life span..
innoventions-west-empty-2019-9.jpg

And C.....I friggin miss this place bad!😭 My last trip in 2020 was the last time I sat in there for an hour or so to relax and people watch and see a character or two randomly walk by.

Maybe they should have added natural light to C-Hall which is why it looks so bland with the lighting..

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I was at WDW for nearly two weeks just a week ago.

The empty Communicore Hall didn't bother me at all.

Because I didn't go in.

Had no reason to. There was no attraction there.

I also didn't go up onto the empty American Adventure stage, nor into the Millennium building, nor into the WoL pavilion. Had no reason to.

If y'all want to argue that it should then have been closed. Fine. Let the complaints about how it is closed begin: "At least we could get some A/C and recharge our phones. They should've let us in!"

Perhaps we could go back to non-stop Festivals so that a Summer Festival or an early F&W Festival can be active in the Hall. Fine. Let the complaints about the non-stop Festivals resume. "There's always a money-grab Festival going on!!"

Would it be nice to have better appointments in the space? Yes. Is this a sign of failure-to-theme? No... it's empty space waiting for the next festival. Not incompetence.

Bocabear

Am I the only one who actually likes the way this looks? It's got a lot more character than the empty space that's there now!
No you are not...the original building was architecturally interesting. They covered up alot of what was originally designed...The buildings were redeemable...Look at how the other side turned out. Lots of glass, and while not exciting interior design, the spaces are light and cool and modern. Compare that to the "Flex Space Building"... Out of scale for the park and literally adds nothing. The half of the Communicore building that was not in the way of the splash pad could and should have been saved... The Hallway should have been properly designed with furnishings etc. An outdoor covered stage could have been added...then a roof deck on top of that new stage canopy for their special events... Ultimately it would have cost less and would have kept the symmetry of the original park...

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

View attachment 799025

His takes are always a bit strange. Particularly when you consider when he talks about his own projects it's stuff like the Aladdin spinner at MK and WDSP and the Toy Story Lands in WDSP, HKDL, and SDL.

This picture was also a strange one as the focal point was the Imagination pavilion, which suggests he's not making the point that he thinks he's making.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom