News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

WorldExplorer

Am I the only one who wants the Land and Sea pavilions updated? Don't get me wrong, I love them but they really could use a fresh code of paint and better crowd control on the interiors. Especially given that they're the only things in former future world not touched/updated in the overhaul (besides Figment)

I don't feel strongly about Sea (because I don't go in there often), but I think Land is good as it is and really hope they leave it alone because at this point I definitely don't believe they can improve it.

If there was a chance of them just installing more elevators without screwing with anything else, I would be for that, but that's about it.

bpiper

Someone is really taking care of LwtL. Now the brushfire in the plains is restored.
Hmmm..

Could be someone finally noticed that the bulb burned out and replaced it.

Someone wondered what that switch/wire went to?

Could be the projector was EOL and they have been waiting on the purchase of a new one.

Take your pick. Just glad it's finally back.

James Alucobond

I don't feel strongly about Sea (because I don't go in there often), but I think Land is good as it is and really hope they leave it alone because at this point I definitely don't believe they can improve it.

If there was a chance of them just installing more elevators without screwing with anything else, I would be for that, but that's about it.
The attractions are all great, but the interior is terrible. It’s so out of date and void of any unifying design that almost nothing could make it worse.

Chef idea Mickey`=

New backdrop at the front entrance.
I loved the old one better because it was a unique capture, not saying the new one is bad or anything but why want a picture of that when you have the real area right in front of you.
It's funny they didn't stick to making the back side shows you it was the best when Fountain of Nations and former existed.

Also is Goofy still doing photo meet and greets there or not?

Sir_Cliff

The attractions are all great, but the interior is terrible. It’s so out of date and void of any unifying design that almost nothing could make it worse.
100%. The Land is the pavilion that most works as a pavilion in the old sense of Epcot due to its variety of strong attractions around a unifying theme. What lets it down is the airport foodcourt at its centre and otherwise fairly uninspiring interior design. You'd think a refresh of the interior would be relatively inexpensive and something the pavilion is due for at this point.

I feel The Seas has the bones of an old-school Epcot pavilion, but they'd need to replace Nemo with something worthwhile.

trainplane3

100%. The Land is the pavilion that most works as a pavilion in the old sense of Epcot due to its variety of strong attractions around a unifying theme. What lets it down is the airport foodcourt at its centre and otherwise fairly uninspiring interior design. You'd think a refresh of the interior would be relatively inexpensive and something the pavilion is due for at this point.

I feel The Seas has the bones of an old-school Epcot pavilion, but they'd need to replace Nemo with something worthwhile.
Land needs some color tossed in to make it feel not so boring. Maybe more nature-ish and less sterile? Not sure but it needs something even though the pavilion is still doing so well.

The Seas literally needs just paint right now and it'll be miles better. While Nemo isn't great, it's a solid guest draw that ties well with the message of the Seas. Maybe refresh some of the exhibits and do something with the ride? This is one of the few instances where paint would genuinely help the interior so much more then people think.

Epcot82Guy

I do think a natural approach in the Land would do wonders. Part of why the Seas works is because it's kind of a unique sea base.

They went "contemporary"with the Land in 2004, so it's aged. (That's actually one of my main concerns with the spine and even GotG in coming years... But a separate conversation...)

Having the pavilion include natural finishes. And, dare I say it... A fountain... could be a relatively easy, longer-term impact.

Mickeynerd17

Having the pavilion include natural finishes. And, dare I say it... A fountain... could be a relatively easy, longer-term impact.
I concur, though I doubt we'll see a water feature inside anytime soon. Not having a fountain allows for more dining space for Sunshine Seasons and may affect crowd flow around Soarin.

Epcot82Guy

I concur, though I doubt we'll see a water feature inside anytime soon. Not having a fountain allows for more dining space for Sunshine Seasons and may affect crowd flow around Soarin.

Oh 100%. It's one of the many, many things on my list of wishful Epcot changes.

The only way I think it could work would be a sort of "water/rock wall" between the staircases - separating the seating area and the LwtL load/unload area. You would only lose that back section of bench seating. So, I think you could rework the area without too much detriment.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Did you all know they released a Communicore Hall game?

1719601990719.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom