News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

Does anyone really know exactly what is going into this building? Quick serve location? Meet and Greets? Gallery Space? Retail?
Meet and greets and exhibition space are confirmed inside. Additional food booths and/or retail space are confirmed under the long awning at the southern end. A stage and seating are confirmed between the two. I don't know that much more has been shown beyond that.

Cmdr_Crimson

She never had any reason to be there...Not the new version of the ride anyway...lol
Again, if she left then Mickey would then go to the new M&G at Communicore hall then they can shift Figment to Mickey's spot..and then...oh then they can close down the DVC lounge and move it somewhere to the other lounges they aren't using and then will know something is happening in the Imagination Pavilion..

DreamfinderGuy

Again, if she left then Mickey would then go to the new M&G at Communicore hall then they can shift Figment to Mickey's spot..and then...oh then they can close down the DVC lounge and move it somewhere to the other lounges they aren't using and then will know something is happening in the Imagination Pavilion..
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I hope there's never another character meet and greet in Magic Eye again once Mickey moves out. That lobby is one of my favorite tranquil areas in the park and Mickey moving in ruined it, both by drawing crowds and blocking out most of the windows.

Bocabear

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I hope there's never another character meet and greet in Magic Eye again once Mickey moves out. That lobby is one of my favorite tranquil areas in the park and Mickey moving in ruined it, both by drawing crowds and blocking out most of the windows.
I would agree...Meet and Greets are the filler they add for capacity so they can point to it and say "look! so much more to do! "...lol As they have a mandate to make all new attractions based on IP, they should also have a mandate that the Meet and Greets be better produced with appropriate thematic settings...not just crammed into an unused theater lobby or shuttered restaurant...If they are going to get away with using Meet And Greets as an attraction, they need to do a better job...

Horizonsfan

Agree on keeping the lobby M&G free.

And while it’ll never happen as long as the current ride remains, I wish they’d bring back the pass through from the main pavilion. The 1999 layout forcing you outside made some sense with the crowds HISTA drew, but is absurd now.

Cmdr_Crimson

I would agree...Meet and Greets are the filler they add for capacity so they can point to it and say "look! so much more to do! "...lol As they have a mandate to make all new attractions based on IP, they should also have a mandate that the Meet and Greets be better produced with appropriate thematic settings...not just crammed into an unused theater lobby or shuttered restaurant...If they are going to get away with using Meet And Greets as an attraction, they need to do a better job...
True, but if they ever want to do something with the attraction and the whole level had to be closed off past Imageworks and the gift shop. They at least have Figment meeting guests in an area they aren't hardly having anyone coming unless to see him instead of the Disney+ Film Fest Snooze-a-rama. But, sadly Mickey's doppelganger crew is in Figment's old spot at the Chase Visa spot unless they shifted them somewhere else then.

Cmdr_Crimson

giphy.gif

Incomudro

Just watched a video of Epic Universe last night.
Now, I had little interest in the place beforehand and I still don't believe I'm likely to go there anytime soon.
And I DO like what they did to the Epcot spine for the most part if the lights had continued to work.
But what they are doing in Epic Universe water wise vs the omission of water from Epcot - and I'm considering JoW as separate because it's designed to be separate - is glaring.
We got a planter in Epcot.
A planter and a statue of Walt.
No kinetics, well... the lights provided kinetics at night when they functioned - no grand daytime/night time focal point.
Yes, I know and agree that the whole all comes together with Spaceship Earth.
But jeeze, they tore this place apart for years.
We can argue they started from scratch because it was down to a crater.
And we got a planter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom