News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

Bad show. (Which may have been important at one time, but clearly isn’t anymore.)

Test the stuff before you go live. Don’t release and promote a product that is not ready or looks great but isn’t durable and breaks after 2 days of daily use.
Many things in the history of the parks have had issues immediately after opening. This is pretty clearly a programming or connection issue rather than a durability issue since other lights in the area are affected.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Because they are not comparable situations. Not because I said so but because they are not comparable situations.
You keep saying that with no basis in fact to support your assertion. Perhaps start off by saying “in my opinion”.

monothingie

Premium Member
Many things in the history of the parks have had issues immediately after opening. This is pretty clearly a programming or connection issue rather than a durability issue since other lights in the area are affected.
The reasons are irrelevant. It’s still bad show, even if it is par for the course with Disney these days. It should have been tested before going live.

The lighting effects for Canada continue to be noticeably broken since apparently day 1 of Luminous. Why? Because of people in charge not caring.

peter11435

The reasons are irrelevant. It’s still bad show, even if it is par for the course with Disney these days. It should have been tested before going live.

The lighting effects for Canada continue to be noticeably broken since apparently day 1 of Luminous. Why? Because of people in charge not caring.
You realize Canada is entirely surrounded by scaffolding while the facade and roof are being fully refurbished and repainted right?

monothingie

Premium Member
I never stated an opinion. I stated a fact.

That you still want to find equivalency between these two items shows your lack of knowledge.
Disney has an undisputed and proven record of shutting down effects that are costly to maintain or unreliable in use. Most recently they did that in the queue of the new TRON attraction. Most famously they did that with the Yeti. You seem to ignore this and just say they won’t do any of that, take my word for it.

Sorry but no.

peter11435

Disney has an undisputed and proven record of shutting down effects that are costly to maintain or unreliable in use. Most recently they did that in the queue of the new TRON attraction. Most famously they did that with the Yeti. You seem to ignore this and just say they won’t do any of that, take my word for it.

Sorry but no.
It hasn’t even been one week. Jumping to speculation about shutting them down at this point is absurd.

That is not what is happening with the tron queue.

The yeti being turned off was not because of it being costly to maintain or unreliable. Again… false equivalency.

monothingie

Premium Member
It hasn’t even been one week. Jumping to speculation about shutting them down at this point is absurd.

That is not what is happening with the tron queue.
It was poorly designed and not durable for guest use. Repairing it was not feasible without causing disruption so it was covered over.
The yeti being turned off was not because of it being costly to maintain or unreliable. Again… false equivalency.
Sorry, it was not designed properly and costly and disruptive to repair, so they shut it off.

monothingie

Premium Member
You watch EPCOT forever 5 days a week?

I can’t speak for what specific days of the week it was. But there have definitely been days it hasn’t lit during Epcot Forever.
Which days? You’re the one saying that it didn’t work all the time, tell me which ones, otherwise you’re just peddling garbage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom