News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

britain

This is essentially a chill spot in a park with a ton happening. Think your local park or Central Park. A spot to sit and relax, maybe with the food or beverage from a Festival booth. I'm a big fan. I do think it could use a booth or two maybe and in time I could see that.

This fantastic photo will look great in the Soarin' Around the World update 2024.

Do you know what makes that picture look so good? It’s the absence of all those blinking lights on Spaceship Earth.

James Alucobond

Hopefully a temporary thing while they work some logistics out?

Were there issues yesterday with light level?

I doubt they would build them with color-changing capabilities only to disable them after one day. It's probably either an issue they're working on or they're re-programming some of the very dark sequences to add light as needed.

scuttlebud

IMG_7373.jpeg

No Name

Indeed.

We all lambasted that concept art for being a smeared water color that showed nothing.

Anyone who thinks that art was the promise of... anything... is fooling themselves.
They released that art with the intention of getting people’s hopes up for something they never planned to do and then cut back on multiple times anyway. Even if the end result is good, their own antics are rightfully going to catch up to them.

James Alucobond

They released that art with the intention of getting people’s hopes up for something they never planned to do and then cut back on multiple times anyway. Even if the end result is good, their own antics are rightfully going to catch up to them.
The art actually isn't that different from what was planned in more detail pre-COVID. The Festival Center, Journey of Water, and the Connections building (unsure if it would have still been the dining space or if it would have traded with Creations) are all still there. The big differences are an alternate asymmetrically quartered garden design, a leveled Creations replaced with semi-toroidal domes, and some indecipherable nonsense photobashery where the Fountain of Nations was.

AndyMagic

what town has a park like this?
I can't tell if you're joking but I can name 5 parks that look like this just in New York City alone. Chicago, Philly, Boston, all have parks with similar street furniture and modern landscaping as well. Sections of the The High Line, Brooklyn Bridge Park, Hudson River Park, Bryant Park, Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, I could go on. And those parks do it better than whatever this is. 🤷‍♂️

Brian

It is fairly disorienting at night due to the lack of actual light (versus show lighting). I'd imagine at some point, one too many trip and falls will happen and they'll make some changes.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show lighting, but it isn't enough to safely walk around.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It is fairly disorienting at night due to the lack of actual light (versus show lighting). I'd imagine at some point, one too many trip and falls will happen and they'll make some changes.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show lighting, but it isn't enough to safely walk around.
There are plenty of places in all the parks with less light. E.g., new fantasyland between Pooh and 7DMT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom