News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Cmdr_Crimson

JoW isn’t visible from this area. Even in World Nature it’s really tucked back in, so there’s no real ability to passively enjoy it like you could with FoN.

JoW is an outdoor replacement for Innoventions, not FoN.
It's pretty much where Innoventions West section where Baymax was doing his M&G up to where the former Art of Disney shop use to be..

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
This is exactly what EPCOT’s ‘future world’ area needed. A green oasis at its heart. The front of the park finally has a place you just want to hangout in. I consider this a big win.
Is anyone going to pay upwards of $1XX per day per person to hangout there? No attractions, no concessions, no entertainment venues?

If anything it’s a bottleneck for foot traffic, which was ironically one of the reasons why the original Communicore area inside the spine was replaced with Innoventiins Plaza.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Is anyone going to pay upwards of $1XX per day per person to hangout there? No attractions, no concessions, no entertainment venues?
I would - listen to the bgm, watch the SSE shows at night, meet characters, sit with Walt, look at nature. In fact, if I had to choose one pavilion/neighborhood in Epcot to spend an entire day in, I'd choose World Celebration.

TheMaxRebo

I know I am going to get crap for this because many hate when Disney just does this (I kind of do as well lol) but......

more than a fountain even, I feel like this is missing a food/beverage place. With the way the area turned out to me it gives off vibes of like the outside of Baseline Tap House where everyone sits and hangs out. I know Connections is right there, but I imagine it’s missing a place that has things like charcuterie boards or big pretzels, basically like appetizer/bar food and good drafts or fun specialty non alcoholic beverages.

Now please before everyone starts ridiculing me that this isn’t the point of this area and would create horrible bottleneck issues of people waiting in more lines to buy more beer lol, I agree with you 100%. I’m just basing this off of what Disney ended up doing with this area. There’s so many chairs and tables for friends and family to sit down and hang out, but with no reason to do that….

Maybe they are bringing something like this when communicore opens, but as it is right now, it’s a beautiful and inviting park (within a theme park) that invites friends and families to wonder around and sit down and hangout but for no reason.

That’s just how I see it. I love it and think it’s beautiful looking, but there’s all these chairs and no reason to use them, and also if if supposed to just be a way to get to the rest of the park then why even add all these chairs? It feels like Disney doesn’t really know what they want the area to be.

I think the plan is for the festivals the booths will be nearby and then with Comunicore opening they will have the live music so definitely think the idea is get your food from various booths, grab a seat, listen to some music, etc - part of the overall story/flow

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I would - listen to the bgm, watch the SSE shows at night, meet characters, sit with Walt, look at nature. In fact, if I had to choose one pavilion/neighborhood in Epcot to spend an entire day in, I'd choose World Celebration.
That doesn’t sound very profitable.

Maybe once they open the festival center it will be different, but considering they already have two of them already (Odyssey and the Tent thing in WS with the largest bathrooms in the world) that have really under delivered as a congregation area, I don’t believe the majority of guests care. This is basically an obstacle to get through to get to WS drinky kiosks or the rest of the Epcot attractions.

ToTBellHop

That doesn’t sound very profitable.

Maybe once they open the festival center it will be different, but considering they already have two of them already (Odyssey and the Tent thing in WS with the largest bathrooms in the world) that have really under delivered as a congregation area, I don’t believe the majority of guests care. This is basically an obstacle to get through to get to WS drinky kiosks or the rest of the Epcot attractions.
I gather World Celebration will end up with Festival kiosks.

UNCgolf

I gather they think they did with Moana. I gather you disagree lol

I haven't been since August so I can't really judge.

Journey of Water is a fundamentally different thing than the Fountain of Nations, though (or a show fountain in general) -- I don't think they're comparable or that JoW could be considered a replacement.

It's closer to being a replacement for ImageWorks (not that it's really that either) than a fountain, IMO.

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

After watching a few more walk around vids, I’m finding myself humming the main theme of Toprak’s EPCOT Anthem, so I’m going to say thumbs up overall on the new BGM.

Also, rather than having that center planter be a fountain, a series of shallow, gently cascading reflecting pools down this slope would have made for a great water feature.

IMG_3354.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Good news for all those who are phobic of asymmetry. When you're in the hub you cannot see the asymmetry. There's just too many Trees and Landscaping to even see the two remaining buildings and to see how they're not mirrored on either side.

But if you want to stay angry, you could always look at top down views of the Hub from a map. ;)

I'm here now, if they made the central planter a fountain it would be pretty small compared to Fountain of nations. And you wouldn't be able to see it from a distance because, again, all the Landscaping just blocks your view. It feels like you're in a partially wooded park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom