News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I found the fountain!!

20231205_140421.jpg

Jambo Dad

Thoughts:

Almost acts like the Oasis at DAK, gives you a chance to breathe and settle into the park

Will feel more alive once CommuniCore opens and the outdoor stage comes into use

Definitely missing a small water feature, feels like one could “easily” be added to middle garden if they really wanted.

Generally an improvement over the concrete wasteland from before
Would mess up the ‘Gina sculpture.

TheMaxRebo

I agree that a fountain would make a huge difference. But one of these would also help with the kinetics.

View attachment 757616

be cool if they had something like that which was evocative of the Tower of the Four Winds Rolly Crump did for the World Fair (as EPCOT sort of is like a permanent worlds fair) ... obviously that has a Small World style to it's look so not the exact same thing, but something that drew inspiration from it

ToTBellHop

I listened to the full new hour loop. It’s really cool that it integrates the instrumental stylings of each of the Epcot pavilions so you’ll have segments that are evocative of the Land or the Seas or Mission Space or Test Track or a World Showcase nation. It’s really well done. I dig it. We now have an entrance loop that integrates WS nations other than just The American Adventure to really tie the park together beautifully.

Haymarket2008

I listened to the full new hour loop. It’s really cool that it integrates the instrumental stylings of each of the Epcot pavilions so you’ll have segments that are evocative of the Land or the Seas or Mission Space or Test Track or a World Showcase nation. It’s really well done. I dig it.

I listened to it too and I don’t really get that at all…

I’m thrilled that they went the extra mile and gave us an original score as opposed to Disney songs that sound futuristic, but there isn’t a single note of any Epcot song except for the new Anthem? Major missed opportunity.

It all feels the same except for the blatant international interludes here and there.

ToTBellHop

I listened to it too and I don’t really get that at all…

I’m thrilled that they went the extra mile and gave us an original score as opposed to Disney songs that sound futuristic, but there isn’t a single note of any Epcot song except for the new Anthem? Major missed opportunity.

It all feels the same except for the blatant international interludes here and there.
You can integrate musical stylings without integrating melodies. You can’t hear portions that make you think of China or Mexico or The Seas? I easily can. It’s the same strategy used in the Soarin Around the World score.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom