News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Gringrinngghost

Whoops, my bad. It was a while since we talked about it so I knew there was a chance I was wrong on that.
Technically each element is individually controllable, but it could be two independent units of 6 lights in a body. I have seen the the side lights get stuck before while the main light works and vise versa.

tparris

New sign installed outside of Connections.
IMG_5882.jpeg
IMG_5883.jpeg

dmc493

Slightly wider shot than the one from yesterday with a decent look at the Spaceship Earth pavement pattern going in at the far end of the former Fountain of Nations site. Also, it looks like some new walls might be getting staged along the path toward The Land.

This area has been closed so long, I forgot how large the Project Tomorrow/SSE building is. should be interesting much the positioning of the Walt statue will accentuate the building right behind it... I assume most will ignore it because of SSE hovering above it but those glass windows right behind the statue location are looking not too hot

yensidtlaw1969

Hasn’t that been the question since they sort of started reusing symbols back with the last Spaceship Earth refresh? They keep flirting with them but never truly commit.
Is it time for us to talk about how one of the biggest issues of these parkwide redos is how wishy-washy they seem to be?

DCA, DHS, WDS, and now EPCOT - they clear out huge swaths of infrastructure but don't seem to know how to put the parks back together in ways that make complete sense. It's so rare to see them actually deliver a new vision that's also cohesive.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Is it time for us to talk about how one of the biggest issues of these parkwide redos is how wishy-washy they seem to be?

DCA, DHS, WDS, and now EPCOT - they clear out huge swaths of infrastructure but don't seem to know how to put the parks back together in ways that makes complete sense. It's so rare to see them actually deliver a new vision that's also cohesive.
It certainly doesn’t help that for a variety of reasons the creative leadership lacks consistency. Disney loudly brought back Bob Weis for Disney’s California Adventure but he then jumped on to Shanghai Disneyland. Evolving Epcot is apparently now on its third creative lead plus the chaos of Iger bailing when he was such a driving force for the project.

yensidtlaw1969

It certainly doesn’t help that for a variety of reasons the creative leadership lacks consistency. Disney loudly brought back Bob Weis for Disney’s California Adventure but he then jumped on to Shanghai Disneyland. Evolving Epcot is apparently now on its third creative lead plus the chaos of Iger bailing when he was such a driving force for the project.
Almost makes you wonder if they could avoid those types of problems by condensing the build times to a reasonable window instead of stretching them out over a half-decade.

James Alucobond

You can certainly make an argument for the first. The second is much more dynamic.
The first isn’t even an argument. It’s plain fact, and it’s the exact parallel to this sign, just aesthetically 30+ years removed. People will seriously complain about the most inoffensive things ever. The iconography is a consistency issue worthy of attention, but there’s just nothing at all wrong with the design of this sign in the context of the setting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom