News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

Each puck seems to consist of multiple LEDs as well, so if they do fail, they generally only fail partially. I don’t think many if any have just been completely dead; rather, certain patterns will cease to function and the color will look wrong or dim because certain components either aren’t working or aren’t receiving proper instructions.

tparris

Looking at the preview Disney showed of the “Wish” Points of Light show on SSE debuting this month, assuming the video isn’t doctored in any way, it seems they have fixed all of the broken lights on SSE, including the old spotlights and FINALLY the one starburst light that’s been broken for close to two years (circled in the first photo).View attachment 753262View attachment 753263
So I’m at the park tonight, and I now fully believe that this video was photoshopped in several ways. None of the lights have been fixed whatsoever. I’m actually just very confused now.

tparris

I also feel that now is as good a time as ever to point out this sign that’s literally been installed upside-down for as long as the new entrance has been done…
IMG_5843.jpeg

tparris

ONE last thing, the entrance fountain lights have been stuck like this for a while now and the base lights are just off. None of the plaza perimeter lights are working either, and the fountain isn’t playing along with the shows on SSE at all. This is by far the worst, most sorry state the new entrance has ever been in and it’s barely 3 years old.
IMG_5847.jpeg

trainplane3

Each puck seems to consist of multiple LEDs as well, so if they do fail, they generally only fail partially. I don’t think many if any have just been completely dead; rather, certain patterns will cease to function and the color will look wrong or dim because certain components either aren’t working or aren’t receiving proper instructions.
I believe they're RGB and not RGBW. Each section is individually controlled on the puck. The ring holes and the top "spotlight" piece. But if one light goes out, you lose pure white in that area if I'm explaining it correctly.

@Gringrinngghost, you're up.

Bocabear

If they have any sort of warm white in their color range, they are RGBW... the white color using only RGB mix is pretty blue and not a clean color... I would think there would be absolutely no way they would to the old RGB pucks in this installation...Straight RGB is old tech and does not allow for full color range....

trainplane3

Saw those as well as some spotlights/show lights tonight. They seemed to match the colors of SSE, though it may have just been luck… hoping for an expansion of the lighting effects!
I'd expect everything to be synchronized. The bathrooms next to SSE have the light ribbon synced to the plaza and the breeze way by Connections and Creations is synced to roughly the same colors as SSE too.

Gringrinngghost

I believe they're RGB and not RGBW. Each section is individually controlled on the puck. The ring holes and the top "spotlight" piece. But if one light goes out, you lose pure white in that area if I'm explaining it correctly.

@Gringrinngghost, you're up.
They do appear to be RGBW (but you can make it with RGB.) There’s 12 LEDs total. 6 side cool white LEDs and 6 RGB/RGBW LEDs in the body.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom