News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Bocabear

When you have a set-in-stone deadline and it has to be done, they can always bring on more people and knock out things faster... these projects feel like they have been dragging on forever though...
Disney is not handling that construction, so the comparison is pointless.
I was speaking of construction at WDW... I don't care who is building it...Construction walls and unfinished work...visible to the public...dragging on... Most guests don't know or care who is doing the buildout, they only know that the space is shuttered and under construction for years, and in the guest eye, it is Disney.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Current walkway configuration. Yellow is the line for Moana M&G. Stay left for walkthru, or a line to get into JoW.

Green is a secret shortcut thru Project Tomorrow.
1698304143136.png

James Alucobond

I was speaking of construction at WDW... I don't care who is building it...Construction walls and unfinished work...visible to the public...dragging on... Most guests don't know or care who is doing the buildout, they only know that the space is shuttered and under construction for years, and in the guest eye, it is Disney.
You’re right that the guest perception is affected regardless, but you were talking about how long this would actually take, in which case the Cake Bake Shop is completely irrelevant as a point of comparison.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I know I'm in the minority, but I feel like this iteration of the festival center had some potential to look really cool and blend with the existing architecture of the park.

It's either you would be happy to have fountains again but actually been really bothered bummed more over losing the incredible views of SSE from World Showcase Lagoon possibly more from the west left as you leave Japan to France!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

That concept art showed fountains! 🥲😮‍💨💙

View attachment 750479
It was the new Fountian of Nations, they even showed it going off in the old preview video, I’ll never forgive them for canceling it but the planter mysteriously looks like that fountain a bit and has underground infrastructure for some odd reason so I wonder it’s there in case they want to make one and this planters just there to have it “complete” by the years end.

Horizonsfan

They must be trying to get any square footage possible ahead of the Thanksgiving crowds. It seems odd they only pushed it back on the Creations side, seeing as the Connections side has an identical line of tree wells that seem equally ready to go, at least based on Bioreconstruct's latest aerials.

Chef idea Mickey`=

It was the new Fountian of Nations, they even showed it going off in the old preview video, I’ll never forgive them for canceling it but the planter mysteriously looks like that fountain a bit and has underground infrastructure for some odd reason so I wonder it’s there in case they want to make one and this planters just there to have it “complete” by the years end.

I believe some of the concepts from D23 in 2019 actually showed small tiny fountains located within the World Celebration gardens.. reality will settle in World Celebration whether or not any fountain is missed, true not all parks need fountains.. and wonder if that ties in to get people toward Journey of Water. Perhaps verdict will show if something is missing along the lines to add a fountain whatever size.. the lighting decor for the holidays look incredible doubt it be the exact brilliance in real! If still in the plans now//

markham

I feel like I’m stepping in it here, but in reality they created perhaps one of the most elaborately themed fountains of all time right next door at JoW. And one that could only exist in a Disney theme park as opposed to a very large and impressive fountain that could have been located anywhere. Maybe the thought was that another water feature so close to an elaborately themed and interactive one was not the most interesting use of space. Just a thought. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Chef idea Mickey`=

To me any fountain or mini fountains in the center or around World Celebration wouldn't compete nor relate to JOW. The fountains would be more for a relaxed feel, a small visual standpoint. Yes not specifically asking for the giant one like Fountain of Nations. It's more for a loving symbol the area. They probably don't want to show they're competing with Epic Universe and it's central hub Bellagio giant style Fountains

James Alucobond

I feel like I’m stepping in it here, but in reality they created perhaps one of the most elaborately themed fountains of all time right next door at JoW. And one that could only exist in a Disney theme park as opposed to a very large and impressive fountain that could have been located anywhere. Maybe the thought was that another water feature so close to an elaborately themed and interactive one was not the most interesting use of space. Just a thought. 🤷🏻‍♂️
As someone who is generally fine with what we’re getting in World Celebration, I’m not sure this makes much sense because they’re not making more interesting use of the two spaces where a fountain could reasonably go.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Kind of pedantic of me, but I think those are technically corten steel grates rather than paving.
It seems that the overall design of New Future World is to replicate the triangular patterns of SSE.

And to make all the kiosks to have the sleek, rounded white architecture elements reflecting Creations and Connections.

Incomudro

To me any fountain or mini fountains in the center or around World Celebration wouldn't compete nor relate to JOW. The fountains would be more for a relaxed feel, a small visual standpoint. Yes not specifically asking for the giant one like Fountain of Nations. It's more for a loving symbol the area. They probably don't want to show they're competing with Epic Universe and it's central hub Bellagio giant style Fountains
I agree.
More water features never hurt.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

That’s going to be my new spot when the place opens. That area looks like it’s going to be incredible.

Fox&Hound

They need to start on a new Figment ride, a ride/show/experience for the wonders of life area, and 2-3 new world showcase rides pronto. I think this new central plaza that might be beautiful when all is said and done, but it would be more palatable if we were getting additional rides to go with it. Rat and Guardians were nice but the park still needs much more. This is a lot of space and time spent for a zero ride addition.

On a separate note, does anyone know what these blue circled are supposed to be? Thanks…
IMG_6717.jpeg

Vinnie Mac

If you look at the 2019 concept art it looked as if they were intending to do more past the point if they had removed Connections & Creations buildings and continued with more trees and lighting to World Discovery side (Future World East).
D3omWJeWwAAg_RZ.jpg
This is leaked concept art from years ago this is NOT what the 2019 plans looked like... 😭

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom