News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

James Alucobond

Like “Epcot” for no apparent reason.
Still think they should come up with a new acronym that makes sense of it. Like, redo the meaning of the five rings in the logo or something. And while they're at it, they could merge former Future World into a unified World Discovery and subsequently assign each of the five zones indicated by the gardens a theme—something along the lines of:
  • Exploration (Wonders of Xandar, Mission: SPACE, Connections)
  • Progress (Spaceship Earth, Dreamers Point)
  • Conservation (The Land, The Seas, Journey of Water)
  • Originality (Imagination, CommuniCore Plaza, Mickey & Friends)
  • Technology (Test Track, The Odyssey, Creation)
... Or whatever. Could probably use more thought.

Epcot81Fan

Still think they should come up with a new acronym that makes sense of it. Like, redo the meaning of the five rings in the logo or something. And while they're at it, they could merge former Future World into a unified World Discovery and subsequently assign each of the five zones indicated by the gardens a theme—something along the lines of:
Just skip to the eventual direction:

Magic Kingdom South.

Done.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Estivals
Pestivals
Cestivals
Ostivals
Tipsy

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Seriously, tho...

There should be an inclusion of World Showcase, and it's suppose to be fun, so...

Earth: SSE, The Land, The Seas, Journey of Water​
People: World Showcase​
Celebration: Festivals, World Fairs, performances, rides​
Originality: Imagination, CommuniCore Plaza, Mickey & Friends, Dreamers Point​
Technology: Spaceship Earth, Wonders of Xandar, Mission: SPACE​

In a similar vain of nomenclature, I'd want to call all of former Future World as simply being World Celebration. If you're celebrating the World, you're celebrating nature and discoveries. There's no need for a separate World Nature and World Discovery, IMO.

Then we'd have simply World Showcase and World Celebration. And use "World's Fair."

And then we'd have

Epcot's World Fair
Featuring World Celebration and World Showcase

All Are Welcome to EPCOT!
Earth 🔹 Progress 🔹 Celebration 🔹 Originality 🔹 Technology​

Then everyone would know what Epcot is about.

Earlie the Pearlie

Seriously, tho...

There should be an inclusion of World Showcase, and it's suppose to be fun, so...

In a similar vain of nomenclature, I'd want to call all of former Future World as simply being World Celebration. If you're celebrating the World, you're celebrating nature and discoveries. There's no need for a separate World Nature and World Discovery, IMO.

Then we'd have simply World Showcase and World Celebration. And use "World's Fair."

And then we'd have

Epcot's World Fair

I hate this much less than I should. At this point, I wouldn’t mind them saying that EPCOT Center is completely and totally dead. It’s better than playing off nostalgia forever.

I’m going to go click around Futureport 82 to make myself feel better. They have Wonders now.

No Name

Most people have no idea that it ever was an acronym decades ago, and the people that do like that it’s a tribute to Walt’s idea. It would make absolutely no sense to force something new.

mightynine

Seriously, tho...

And then we'd have

Epcot's World Fair

I hate that I feel this had more thought put into it than the (IMO) lazy, nebulous neighborhoods thing they threw out there.

MagicHappens1971

I wish I knew the corporate logic behind this. Like what's the actual difference between this & getting it done quickly so the same charges aren't on their report for dozens of quarters.
I’ve never really understood it but Disney has been doing it forever now.

I guess it “pads” each quarters financials. Instead of spending 800M on Cosmic Rewind in Q2, they spend 160M between 5 quarters. (These are hypotheticals)

JohnD

Scott Mallwitz announced at Destination D23 World Celebration is set to welcome Guests in December.
I'm happy in the sense that construction walls will be down. Not that I'm thrilled or anything. I'm sure it will look nice with Walt's Dream statue and trees, etc.

Cliff

Can any smart person here gather up the Epcot overhaul announce date vs. break-ground date vs. Final end date?

I'd love to see the numbers listed in months so we can use it as a guage to predict the speed of future promised projects.

Again....nothing,..not one single Blue Sky water color painting is worth ANYthing until is has an actual Disney Finance Department green light stamp on it. Without that?...Josh can say he is thinking about building 5 new parks with a 6th one being built on the moon.

"What if...." is 100% nothing in the real world if it does not have Disney Finance ready to pay for it and start writing checks to start them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom