News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

tparris

I don’t understand why they didn’t replace the pavement outside the World Nature bathrooms while they were behind walls during refurbishment. The approach to the repaving in Future World has been very odd.
That’s the funny thing, they actually did. They’ve repaved several sections in World Nature, but with the old style pink/salmon pavement for whatever reason

Nland316

That’s the funny thing, they actually did. They’ve repaved several sections in World Nature, but with the old style pink/salmon pavement for whatever reason
I know it’s a “staple” of the WDW parks, but I hate every bit of the red pavement so much.

I wish MK would replace their Main Street sidewalks with red brick like DL and that Epcot would fully do away with it like they have been doing in the spine. Makes no sense to have inconsistency when they’re already replacing it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know it’s a “staple” of the WDW parks, but I hate every bit of the red pavement so much.

I wish MK would replace their Main Street sidewalks with red brick like DL and that Epcot would fully do away with it like they have been doing in the spine. Makes no sense to have inconsistency when they’re already replacing it.
I wish they'd create walkway pavements designs in such a way that the patterns indicate to stay right on the paths.

1692620432840.png

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I don’t understand why they didn’t replace the pavement outside the World Nature bathrooms while they were behind walls during refurbishment. The approach to the repaving in Future World has been very odd.
Well, Zach Riddley is no longer overseeing the project, so paving has become a nightmare of logistic and management entanglements.

lazyboy97o

Well, Zach Riddley is no longer overseeing the project, so paving has become a nightmare of logistic and management entanglements.
Welcome to bureaucracy. Different projects are handled by different groups. Maintaining the parks after they open is the responsibility of the park through FAM (facility asset management). FAM is allowed to maintain and replace things, but if they want to change the design then they typically have to bring in Walt Disney Imagineering which is going to balloon the cost of a project.

Rich Brownn

Trivia: Red makes green look greener. So it makes the lawns look greener. :)

Earlie the Pearlie

It might be just me but I feel like if they had given us a good Figment and had kept the Land and Spaceship Earth the same with minor refreshes (I.e. new narration for SE, listen to the land song back) I would have been totally fine with everything else they did to FW.

Mickeynerd17

When did the demolition and construction begin? 2019?

And when is it expected that it will be complete and the walls removed?
Initial closures were 2019.

I'm predicting the finals walls coming down sometime in mid-2024

so, 5 years-ish total time for a water trail, a Rollercoaster, a Temu.com version of Communicore Southwest, New entrance plaza, and some new planters.

All in all, same hodge-podge of a park, except instead of 80s mixed with 90s/2000s it's 90's/2000s mixed with late 2010's.

Haymarket2008

It might be just me but I feel like if they had given us a good Figment and had kept the Land and Spaceship Earth the same with minor refreshes (I.e. new narration for SE, listen to the land song back) I would have been totally fine with everything else they did to FW.

That’s certainly not out of the question to still happen…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom